First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BRONCO AND BRONCO
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm with you. 9 jeeps for me and i can see ever going back. If i had to pick something it would be hows the quality going to be 10 years from now because the jeeps have pretty good. And i think ford has way to many choices
Sponsored

Flourman

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F350 Tremor, 2019 Beta 300RR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Engineers: "Alright, we have a large radiator with a high volume of coolant being pumped through the engine. Instead of using that cooling system to perform its sole function, let's spray fuel all over sh!t instead".

I mean, we've seen some face-palms from Ford engineers before, but if this one were true, we should all trade our Broncos immediately.

The only thing cooled by fuel in any modern passenger vehicle is the fuel system (pump/injectors), and no additional fuel is consumed by that process.
It is true, for at least the Ford Truck Ecoboost motors and the Bronco motors. It helps to keep cylinder head temps down. The turbos are cooled with both coolant and engine oil. The low RPM doesn’t spin the water pump fast enough. Granted, most of these Broncos won’t see the low RPM high boost that a 3.5EB sees towing.

bigredmachine

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I went from a 20 Gladiator Mojave to a 4 door Wildtrak and I feel like I made the correct decision. I have had 4 JKUR's and then the Gladiator and I must say that the ride is much nicer in the Bronco and I too have found the seat to be more comfortable. Time will tell how I feel down the road, but for now I am extremely happy.

GreatDaneMom

Badlands
First Name
Diana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR Badlands; Genuine Buddy Scooter
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OMG... you're spot on in terms of the steering wheel! Just did my third trip back and forth from Atlanta to NJ in the Jeep. The struggle to maintain your lane is real! I'm a July 2020 reservation holder, expecting my Bronco (which is on a chip hold) in the coming months. But I rented one last year and was amazed at how much better it handles. Looking forward to not needing to ice and massage my shoulders after every road trip!

Sponsored

BadlandsA51

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands, Sasquatch, Lux Pkg, 72 Ranchero GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Color me skeptical. Gasoline engines are most efficient at low RPM, WOT. That is where friction and throttle/pumping losses are lowest. This is in stark contrast to diesel engines, which are most efficient at part-load conditions (no throttle=no throttle losses). And contrary to popular belief, turbochargers increase overall efficiency when they are providing boost, because they are extracting (otherwise lost) energy from the exhaust stream.

If you need x HP to maintain a particular speed on the highway, it is more efficient to achieve that at say 2200 RPM, 80% throttle w/ some boost in top gear than at say 2500 RPM, 60% throttle w/ no boost in a lower gear.
I agree, engines running under load are more efficient than engines under light load, that's why everything is geared so tall these days. This partly due to less pumping loss against manifold vacuum, and also due to higher charge density in the cylinder on the compression stroke. That higher density makes for a faster burn and faster cylinder pressure rise which allows less time for combustion heat to be absorbed into the cylinder walls and be used to push the piston down. My '17 F-150 3.5L Ecoboost will cruise at 1200 RPM in 10th gear at 45 to 50 MPH, which I'm not sure is really good for the engine, but it is really good for economy or the truck wouldn't be programmed to do it. But if your engine is under load because you are at WOT accelerating from a stop, then yes, economy will suffer.

OP
OP
mrjking2000

mrjking2000

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco BadSasquatch, 2019 F-250 PowerStroker
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP
OP
mrjking2000

mrjking2000

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco BadSasquatch, 2019 F-250 PowerStroker
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
for those curious about the front camera view.

Ford Bronco I defected from jeep... don't see any reason to go back yet! PXL_20221119_210156388

I did not end up going out sunday. we had fresh snowfall and i had a private land deer tag burning a hole in my pocket. So i went out hunting instead.

however, it's 100% official the first trip is this coming Saturday, 12-3 come hell or high water (or snow in this case).

if you're interested in the youtube channel, it's here!

Imgonein60

Outer Banks
First Name
Des
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Bullitt, 21Bronco,22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So I traded in my JLUR on this 2022 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch. I checked basically every box except leather and the modular bumper.

I have installed a JCR Vanguard bumper and ACC relocation (drops the module like 1 inch or so) and it works perfectly.
Ford Bronco I defected from jeep... don't see any reason to go back yet! PXL_20221119_210156388

I went out of state for Thanksgiving and basically did 450 miles round trip. Basically 3 1/2 hours each direction.

The biggest thing I noted on the drive... I WAS NOT CONSTANTLY MANIPULATING THE STEERING WHEEL! Something that was annoying as heck in the Wrangler. You're just all over the road, and if it's windy... OH MY!

This thing moves so effortlessly down the road. Passing semi trucks on the 2 lane roads is a breeze, you just barely get into the gas and next thing you know, you're going 90! A much different feeling than the wrangler where you really had to time your passes on the 65 MPH 2 lane roads.

My biggest gripe about the 2018 Wrangler was seat comfort. I could never get comfortable for a road trip longer than 2 hours. It literally made my butt hurt to drive that thing. I was able to get the bronco seat positioned to my liking within the 1st hour of ownership and could literally drive to the northern circle and back in this thing!

My trip out of town was with essentially zero wind. 215 ish miles got me 18.4 MPG on a non-broke in motor. My return trip today was pretty windy. I noticed I was in boost most of the time driving back, but still net 15.5 all the way home.

I haven't got this on any trails yet, but that changes tomorrow (sunday the 27th) and I can't wait to see the differences between my 4 year old jeep and this.

I was dead against the bronco's IFS when it was announced. But then I saw it... and I had to have it haha!

I don't know why I washed it after that trip knowing I was gonna get it dirty tomorrow, but man it looks good.

I think tomorrow is gonna be a good day! I do not anticipate being disappointed at all offroad!
Congrats man that’s awesome 👍🏽👍🏽

LostInArizona

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands non-sas 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Completely agree with you on the on-road comfort stuff. I love jeeps, owned a few, very capable. But this is SO much more comfortable to drive in general. With the 2.7 it's plenty peppy (coming from an STI), and will do everything a stock Rubicon will do off-road which is all I really need. I've had no quality issues yet *crosses fingers*, and I did not go into this expecting to be bathed in luxury, but I could not be happier thus far. It is the perfect vehicle for me. Zero regerts. :p

Sponsored

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

As far as the solid axle vs. IFS, life is full of compromises. Rock crawling isn't a big thing in the Southeast, but we get a lot of rain and run muddy trails for much of the year. Bronco gives us a pretty good blend of the better features of the JL and the 4Runner. Since Jeep isn't going IFS anytime soon, and Toyota keeps pushing back the 4Runner redesign, Bronco is still my favorite.

QuesoBob

Black Diamond
First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Black Diamond, 20 Gladiator Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I impulse bought a leftover 21 Willys 2 door in March when I honestly never thought I'd see my walk in order. Now it's scheduled and really don't know what I'll do lol.

I do love the Jeep... a lot... I'm not going to lie I hope when I see my Bronco it is love at first sight. It's going to be hard with interest rates and trading UP in price.

Now I'm also used to the zippy fun nature of a 2-door vehicle again (bronco is a 4 door order)

I do think my rural area with a ton of dirt roads and my love for simplistic relaxing fire road style trails will make the Bronco a better daily for me in general so it's not like I think I'll lose capability or any BS like that.

At the same time at least if the dealership ends up trying to play games I will be happy to keep the Jeep. (I think)

Grits

Base
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I agree. I love Jeeps and especially JKs. My last was a 2015 JKU named ole yeller. Check it out on my channel "Yo Sam." Anyway happened on a demo Bronco last year that I test drove. I was immediately hooked on roominess and ride comfort. I knew then I was done looking at Jeeps and beat the bushes till I found a 2 dr to my liking. I absolutely love it.
Sponsored