Monte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Base, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I normally laugh at people that modify their vehicles using wood and now I can be laughed at, lol, but it was so worth it! I had a Rough Country drawer system in the back. It looked so clean and organized and secure, but it just doesn't work for me. My trip to Baja Mexico (the before picture with drawer) had me really packing stuff in, trying to find a place for it. But boy is it hard to pack stuff on the top of the drawer! I am losing my "security", but not like I used it in the first place (I don't live in the city) and I need to keep all my recovery items with me almost all the time. So I pulled out the drawer and added a couple of 1x8x50s as a shelf of sorts. This way when I do need the back end for something else I will have the room. I know there are disadvantages of this and it sure isn't as clean as I would like but it's not a show rig, it's a bronco buster.

back end after.jpg

back end before.jpg

bronco buster.jpg
Sponsored

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I normally laugh at people that modify their vehicles using wood and now I can be laughed at, lol, but it was so worth it! I had a Rough Country drawer system in the back. It looked so clean and organized and secure, but it just doesn't work for me. My trip to Baja Mexico (the before picture with drawer) had me really packing stuff in, trying to find a place for it. But boy is it hard to pack stuff on the top of the drawer! I am losing my "security", but not like I used it in the first place (I don't live in the city) and I need to keep all my recovery items with me almost all the time. So I pulled out the drawer and added a couple of 1x8x50s as a shelf of sorts. This way when I do need the back end for something else I will have the room. I know there are disadvantages of this and it sure isn't as clean as I would like but it's not a show rig, it's a bronco buster.

Ford Bronco I ditched my back drawer system! bronco buster

Good idea. Much cheaper too!

Dom

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Expedition, 2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Sell me your drawer for $20 shipped? Just kidding of course. Will you be selling it or keeping it just in case?

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm about to remove my cargo area security drawer for the same reason.

I'm going to put the goose gear base in place, and when I graduate from weekend trips to week long trips I'll add the fridge slide and probably american adventure lab or JCR's upper shelf.

OP
OP
SFAforester

SFAforester

Base
First Name
Monte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sell me your drawer for $20 shipped? Just kidding of course. Will you be selling it or keeping it just in case?
I'd like to get rid of it. I doubt shipping it would be an option though because of the size. And yeah, it would have to be for a little more than that, say $450 picked up.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dom

Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hopeless Diamond

Badlands
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350/2dr Rubicon/'96 4R/'75 Intl D150/'22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, so many of these storage boxes/drawers use up all the storage and end up not being as functional as they pretend to be. Are your boards secured down?

May want to look into a cargo net to keep anything stored up high like that in the back area. It is amazing how much force a seemingly light item has when it is crashing into the front. https://store.dirtydog4x4.com/?route=product/product&product_id=631&search=bronco

campbebc

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Focus RS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Have you seen the thread on the cargo box that's only 4" high to flatten the floor, which can be anchored and locked? I'm exploring building that today. Out of wood! Not sure what the top plate would be yet. Needs to be strong and thin to maximize storage.

This one: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...rgo-box-for-complete-lay-flat-mattress.55018/
If you run a support piece of wood 6" from both the front and back of the frame, in the middle, you could probably get away with a 0.5" topsheet.

Dom

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I'd like to get rid of it. I doubt shipping it would be an option though because of the size. And yeah, it would have to be for a little more than that, say $450 picked up.
I'm sure someone local would take it for that. Or make a trip out of it. Are you in Arkansas?

OP
OP
SFAforester

SFAforester

Base
First Name
Monte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm sure someone local would take it for that. Or make a trip out of it. Are you in Arkansas?
Yes. It shouldn't be hard to get it to someone that wants one.

Sponsored

inkd6973

Wildtrak
First Name
shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

inkd6973

Wildtrak
First Name
shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

check on my showcase. 2 separate removable boxes. 2x8. osb on top. 4 " will not level out to the front seats. thus you're still laying at an angle.
hence the reason for the 8"
one side has my sub. one side for storage.

Dom

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

@SFAforester how do you like that tailgate table? Also, would you reccomend that storage drawer? I mean like build quality adn security. Thank you

OP
OP
SFAforester

SFAforester

Base
First Name
Monte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@SFAforester how do you like that tailgate table? Also, would you reccomend that storage drawer? I mean like build quality adn security. Thank you
It's nice, sometimes can be a pain to open up, should have considered a simpler table to get. I would recommend the storage drawer system, it's really nice. I took out my dividers because they rattled pretty bad even with the drawer full and me taping the divers up a bit. It's good locking drawer. I'm having to put bigger stuff in the back of my bronco right now and need the space.

OP
OP
SFAforester

SFAforester

Base
First Name
Monte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Rough Country sent me a brand new unit (still boxed) and I'm selling it. $500 come pick it up in De Queen, AR
Sponsored