I don’t want to worry 2DR buyers but this doesn’t look good.

Quinn_the_eskimo

Big Bend
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 Jeep Scrambler, 2021 Jeep Gladiator
Bronco
Big Bend
Agree with the comments above about the QC process working and catching this before they left MAP. We’d have threads popping up like crazy if these were being delivered and were defective. Last thing we need is the Jeep guys saying “i SeE yOuR rOoF lEakS…”
Some Gladiator roofs leak, it's a known issue.

604Bronco

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Bronco
Badlands
Some Gladiator roofs leak, it's a known issue.
That would be a Jeep… hence my comment. Jeeps are (somewhat) notorious for leaking. Not all of course, but it seems to be a pain point. Hopefully our Bronco’s don’t run into that issue.

I suspect part of the issue is people putting the roof panels back on with dirt and grime on the seals, instead of wiping them with a damp cloth first. Likely would sale some of the leaking roofs.

Quinn_the_eskimo

Big Bend
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 Jeep Scrambler, 2021 Jeep Gladiator
Bronco
Big Bend
I actually think this is a good move on Ford’s part. They obviously have a bunch of bad tops that are not first quality, but are dry, so they put them on built units until the top production can catch up. When they get a batch of good, first quality tops, they just switch them out and send the Broncos out.

Also this is needless worry - some people on here need to find a more constructive use of their time
I wonder if these are any of the "why is my build in production for so long?" posts.

BadlandsCable

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250
Bronco
Badlands
I feel pretty good about being a two door. Originally was a four door badlands and if I was still in that build I would kiss 2021 goodbye. With the announcement of the Hard Top prep kit being installed 2 doors are in damn good position I think.

wrbix

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR Def90, F250 7.3, Caterham 7, LR Series III, etc
Bronco
Badlands
Clubs

I’ll humbly suggest a fix for FMC: put privacy strips on the hurricane fencing at MAP.………..would likely calm the nerves of a few here as well.….but then someone will need a new hobby - ie not trolling MAP with a camera.

Ft. Worth Rob

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 535i, X7
Bronco
Outer Banks
I agree that this is likely a small issue. After all is said and done, I’d be interested in what Ford’s post mortem report looks like on this launch. Of course covid has caused a significant amount of issues but I hope they don’t gloss over all of the self-inflicted issues. I’d also argue that Ford made this way more complex than it needed to be with all of the model choices and customization. Like they’ve never heard of a Minimum Viable Product.

RedDawg

Base
First Name
Erik
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler
Bronco
Base
Clubs

What’s up!? Did I miss an email from Ford? I thought Base Camp was going to get the cursive Bronco badge???
First no bottle opener for 2drs now this!
Use peasants at
897AD932-38C3-47ED-B570-4F99574D1949.jpeg
Base Camp may need to gather our torches and pitch forks…

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 1990 Toyota pickup, 2021 Audi Q8
Bronco
Badlands
Clubs

They absolutely MUST make the soft top offer to 2-door orders. NOW.

Advertisement

4 Wheel Parts
Advertisement