Sponsored

I don’t want to worry 2DR buyers but this doesn’t look good.

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Don't have a link but a guy got his 4 door bronco this last week and was doing a walk through with it on the you tube. He was talking about the top and that there was Fiberglass fuzz on the top. The dealer was going to order him a replacement top. So goes to show its probably all the tops. Hopefully they will correct this before i get mine in September.
Sponsored

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Rear side windows are removable on the MOD top, not the MIC top…. I suspect that’s another problem altogether on that MIC top (broke, glue failed, wrong tint, was never there, etc etc etc).
I wonder if these hard tops are screwed up because of the new help at webasto that ford employees been training

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

😂 I can’t wait to be rid of the Jeep wave!! I was thinking of coming up with a Bronco wave that looks more like this.
2AA77DC3-A27B-4F1D-9B83-EF836C6100BB.jpeg
Is this a Rorschach test? I see a smug llama.

2AA77DC3-A27B-4F1D-9B83-EF836C6100BB~2.jpeg

Last edited:

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

so sad being a early 2 door res holder that should have a 21 looks like this all confirms 2022 for us 2 door people. Salesman did tell me today it’s a shit show at webasto and it’s def just the hard tops holding things up

MattECDNdealer

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Demo: 21 Bronco BL (2dr 2.3 MT) Toy: 04 TJ Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Every 2 door I saw at MAP had “bad roof” written on the back window. Also I didn’t know the back window on the hardtop was removable and hadn’t seen the Sasquatch badge yet.

Ford Bronco I don’t want to worry 2DR buyers but this doesn’t look good. 2AA77DC3-A27B-4F1D-9B83-EF836C6100BB~2
I can't make out the vin that's printed on that sticker to be sure, but this has all the same outside options of my dealer demo unit that has been showing "produced" since June 25th.

Sponsored

stuckinohio

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Badlands, MT High 2 Dr, V6 Outer Banks, Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If only there was some other roof option for the 2 door. Maybe something made out of - Oh I don't know - some sort of fabric perhaps...then you could get folks their Broncos now and get them their proper hard tops later.....just a thought.
*********THIS********

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think I’m going on a beer Run after this news I’m just left sitting here numb

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

*********THIS********
The problem with this is you going to pay more for the hardtop to get it later and something tells me there won’t be hard tops to buy over the counter for a long long time. I’m just going to wait for my mic top but I am thinking about buying a white top too later if I can. I’m shocked after market has not jumped on making a hard top to capitalize on webastos fuck ups

stuckinohio

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Badlands, MT High 2 Dr, V6 Outer Banks, Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The problem with this is you going to pay more for the hardtop to get it later and something tells me there won’t be hard tops to buy over the counter for a long long time. I’m just going to wait for my mic top but I am thinking about buying a white top too later if I can. I’m shocked after market has not jumped on making a hard top to capitalize on webastos fuck ups
True. But some people may not want a hard top at all (not me, I want both) so they can at least get their Bronco. Then decide later whether or not to buy the hard top or do without.

This doesn't affect me anyway, since I only reserved a couple days ago and all issues would likely be sorted out by end of 22 (if I'm lucky and don't get pushed to MY23......)
However, I have never understood why Ford wasn't offering 2 doors with soft tops from the beginning. I get the whole - it never came with a soft top thing. But wake up - the soft top is one of the best things about this type of vehicle! And the bestop $2200 dollar option is a hard pill to swallow.

I have both tops for my JL wrangler wouldn't have it any other way.

Sponsored

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Once again.... WHY wasn't Ford keeping an eye on this shit for the last 2 years? They wait til now to say Uh Oh... Houston we have a problem! This truly is yet another Ford failure to launch.

Maybe it's a good time to tell EVERYONE... you get a soft top, you in back get a soft, you over there get a soft top... and because WE fucked up, we'll sell you a hard top for the same upgrade price you see in the B&P tool!
You said it perfectly. Ford must have let Webasto do their own thing without ever making sure things were dialed in way ahead of time, like basically around launch. It’s like they showed a concept car last summer and then realized people actually wanted to buy it, scrambled blindly and here we are.
Honoring the cost of the MIC hard top on B&P if you purchase at a later date would be a game changer. But classic Ford, that wouldn’t happen unless we cause a riot. I mean, look how long it took them to finally offer hardtop wiring with soft tops. I would immediately move to soft top and put the MIC on order if they honored the price.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’d like to take the opportunity to thank quality control for recognizing the issue before they left the plant
. #NiceCatch 👍🏼
Lol. And by the time they caught it, the line was full of bad tops AND Webasto was probably still pumping then out.

rdass623

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road, Fiat 124 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

bad roof could be anything from where they broke a window with a forklift to the installer leaned against it and their belt buckle scratched it. it does not mean the roof will fly off of every first edition when it hits 25 mph..... but it could.... new rumor, completely baseless (like most of this thread) but the roof will fall off of all first editions and sasquaches... so they needed to pull the full production and write bad roof on them with grease pencil. so now all 14 produced first editions and sasquaches production is halted indefinitely... everyone needs to change their order to a base model with little tires to get their order fulfilled before MY 2027.... (sarcasm font)
Sponsored