Sponsored

I don’t want to worry 2DR buyers but this doesn’t look good.

darren

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 honda passport touring 2wd
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yep, seems that luck has just about all run out.
depends on which one you look at. the bad roof thing looks like the gap between the front and rear tops to me.
Sponsored

rdass623

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road, Fiat 124 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

i seriously doubt this is a significant percentage of the total production. the amount of dirt on the pictured cars look like they may have been out there for a day or two. if they are producing hundreds a day, this does not look too bad, unless it is your car which has the bad top. i wonder if those are day one order builds.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If I were Ford and was having to deal with keeping the line moving, I would keep building Broncos as fast as I could. Since I can't ship them until they get tops and have to store them outside, I would throw those extra scrap tops on them to protect the interiors.

It makes perfect sense that it's all 2-door models as these don't have the soft top option. The Bestops weren't for customers. So I am happy to see that Ford has so many 2-door Bronco just waiting for their proper tops.

Sponsored

Joker352

Big Bend
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

What's left for me to worry about? I'm pretty much guaranteed to be pushed to MY22 seeing as I'm a second week reservation and ordered a 2dr basesquatch with all the cardinal sins.....in short, I already know I'm fucked. I just keep telling myself more time to save for a truly absurd downpayment.

Neps

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MX-5, Focus EV, F150, F350, Scout II (2)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Quality control would have stopped the non-conforming products shipment from Web-desastro to Ford in the first place. Identify the problem early in the value stream is the idea.

But, I'd gladly take one today in exchange for a white one next year ;)

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I finally became comfortable with the grey top to hold me over for a year until the mod is available and now more info is coming out that they aren’t even being made correctly 🙄

freaking disaster with these tops. Ford should just force us all to take soft tops and offer the hard tops later at a discount. Takes a lot of the guess work out

Last edited:

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford should have hired "4 Wheel Drive Hardware" to make Bronco tops. :) They used to make molded Jeep bodies and tops. Anyone but this Webasto company. Seriously though, how difficult is it to make a top? My 1985 CJ-7 top is still going strong 36 years later. (Although can't say as much for the rusted body.)

H - 2 CHARLIE

Wildtrak
First Name
CHARLIE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F 150 - E 350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Is the top issue with the 2 different hard tops ?