Sponsored

I don’t want to worry 2DR buyers but this doesn’t look good.

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Okay, so you folks need to get a hobby or something. We now have prospective Bronco owners stalking the manufacturing facility, trespassing, and taking unlawful spy photos of production units and posting them on social media. So OP, do you know exactly what "Bad Roof" means? Like rdass623 said, this is a fraction of a days' or weeks' production, none of us knows what bad roof means and what the QA procedures that are (a) correcting these few units that you've photographed, and (b) what manufacturing procedures are being instituted to mitigate whatever issues are causing a "bad roof" condition.

You guys really need to step away from the internet, realize your toys are not coming on your birthday, and let Ford resolve its issues. It will be far better for your mental health. Just calm down, "Bad Roof" written on a few production units is not the end of the world, doesn't reinforce that the Bronco launch is the biggest fiasco ever in the history of automotive manufacturing, and doesn't mean any of us 2-door order holders are not going to get our new Broncos.

Just relax.
Folks cannot be happy, unless they are pissed about something. Gossip and drama are central to their being.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

we dont know what the challenge is. perhaps the issue isnt engineering related, could be a shortage of a material
If it was a shortage why did Ford engineers step in?

Sooner

Base
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 F100, 56 CJ5, 11 F250, 17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Maybe they were just being scolded and put in time out until their attitudes changed?
A little to Bronkie for the general public?
wouldn’t trailer up!

The Dmv

Base
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2d Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Good to see how cool those base stealies look though.

Sponsored

BC33

Big Bend
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler, Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Something like this maybe.... Now if we could unselect the MIC top....

Screenshot 2021-07-10 052938.png
If they had charged that much for the hard top I’m sure a lot more people would have gone with the soft top off the bat and probably wouldn’t have had as much of an issue!

Lazerus

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL. Land Rover Discovery Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Lol unexceptable, does that mean you can’t take exception to it? 😂 Sorry I had a good laugh at this, I’m not trying to be a spelling nazi.
I wouldn't take exception if they had found it unacceptable. ;)

Stupid spellchecker missed that one darn it...

Woodwalker

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Once again.... WHY wasn't Ford keeping an eye on this shit for the last 2 years? They wait til now to say Uh Oh... Houston we have a problem! This truly is yet another Ford failure to launch.

Maybe it's a good time to tell EVERYONE... you get a soft top, you in back get a soft, you over there get a soft top... and because WE fucked up, we'll sell you a hard top for the same upgrade price you see in the B&P tool!
Ford screwed me with my 08 Superduty 6.4 diesel that I had to lemon law and it looks like they haven't learned their lesson. As long as they make money they don't give a crap about their customers.

Freyer

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Base CG 2dr manual & '22 Miata Club
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So I just linked to "1five1 garage" and they posted a video 4 weeks ago with a.....wait for it....

a 2 door Badlands Bronco with a soft top...link below...the next shoe to drop is...they make one so why not offer it...

Sponsored

PREMiERdrum

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Flex, 2016 Explorer, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Not as bad as it appears, not great. Etching in the glass and misaligned latches have been consistent issues with some tops from Webasto.

Decidedly concerning that units were paired with bad tops during production. More concerning that several units have been delivered with these issues.

I expect some adjustments when the plant starts cranking again on Monday. Brass is fully aware now and the magnifying glasses are out.

FWIW my MIC hard top is flawless, and she went thru her first car wash yesterday just to check the seals. It's a GREAT design that unfortunately got sent to a crappy vendor.

Last edited:

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sooo this is a bit off topic (I couldn’t figure out how to start a new post), but I went by my Dallas area dealership today to change the color of my Bronco since I am most likely a 2022 delivery and when I pulled in, I thought the dealership was going out of business, no kidding. They probably had less than 50 new cars on the entire lot.
So, last week my friend had a rather nasty crash (ran off a 2 lane in TX) which totalled her 2019 RAV4.

She got the insurance news today, they are cutting her a check for almost the MSRP of the vehicle new due to the market forces.

She was pretty lucky to be able to replace the vehicle with a 2021 Honda CR-V EX-L (nearly the same as the RAV4 XLE) at MSRP. There was maybe 10 cars on the lot total and other local dealers were doing ADM's etc.

In the end, she came out $$$ ahead and at a lower finance rate (4.79% to 2.19%), but the lack of inventory is crazy.

SpringTXOR

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Not as bad as it appears, not great. Etching in the glass and misaligned latches have been consistent issues with some tops from Webasto.

Decidedly concerning that units were paired with bad tops during production. More concerning that several units have been delivered with these issues.

I expect some adjustments when the plant starts cranking again on Monday. Brass is fully aware now and the magnifying glasses are out.

FWIW my MIC hard top is flawless, and she went thru her first car wash yesterday just to check the seals. It's a GREAT design that unfortunately got sent to a crappy vendor.
So could this be the reason why a lot of us have bee stuck in "production" for almost three weeks now? Cause the dealer has no earthly idea what is going on.

GreyBronco

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element. 2 Civics and a Kawasaki ZRX1200R
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

[Update / Info from @PREMiERdrum]

Decidedly concerning that units were paired with bad tops during production. More concerning that several units have been delivered with issues.

Original post:

Every 2 door I saw at MAP had “bad roof” written on the back window. Also I didn’t know the back window on the hardtop was removable and hadn’t seen the Sasquatch badge yet.

AD5C8A8A-ED67-4683-B296-7A9B13591A6E.jpeg

D62CFFC5-48B2-436E-8B5B-8EC5B4E29176.jpeg

6B1F64F5-362B-4672-A26C-1A8D8203F94A.jpeg

1EBF30DA-860D-43BF-BA43-21FE72F3E2A3.jpeg

A277F990-0660-4E0D-8F14-EE2880F1CA9E.jpeg

F7C885A1-23AF-4942-A673-DDCCE078025A.jpeg

90CA7F6E-A027-41FA-8D4E-B0CAFD36D536.jpeg

62427C49-E186-4BB9-89A8-3A81417E2D10.jpeg

CD9FA7C3-6BEA-4CFE-988C-531BFBA5D0ED.jpeg

435101A3-B81A-43E0-B97C-C3F99AC7338F.jpeg

05CB55D4-C692-4512-8370-1CB6CA88B653.jpeg
This should concern every owner, and the fact they didn't just push them out is a good sign. Every model will have quirks. Read the reviews of the 2002 Thunderbird, another retro vehicle that ford tried to cash in on. So to me go ahead and get it right, before I have to pay the first payment. By the way, you probably wont see issues till after few months. Keep us updated on yours. And please dont take that in a wrong way.
Sponsored