Sponsored

I don't understand it, big tires equal no roof rack?

BobN

Badlands
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Colorado ZR2 Bison Diesel, 1942 Ford GPW
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I was exploring the price builder like everyone else. I am thinking of the Badlands Sasquatch with the Lux package, tow package, 10 sp, and 2.7 engine. I will spring for the hardtop but apparently, I can't get the sound deadener package with the 2.7 Squatch package. I guess the truck is too loud in that configuration to work? I also can't get a roof rack? You can only order one light grouping. Roof light or the ditch lights but not both? I am in no rush to purchase one. I will be interested to see what they do in a hybrid. So is Ford afraid that with the big tires the truck will rollover if you have the roof rack on it? I really wanted a soft top anyway but there wasn't a roof rack system for it. So if I wait a couple of years, someone will have figured this all out. Still want a Bronco but all this hurry up and wait, suits me just fine. I have a diesel Bison and it too is a blast to drive, so...
Ford Bronco I don't understand it, big tires equal no roof rack? PXL_20201003_180540075
I'm in no hurry.
Sponsored

Zeke013

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Requiring the 2.3 with the sound-deadener really threw me into a tizzy last night.

Ford's B&P "rockstars" indeed . . .

HeritageRider

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Xterra Pro-4X 2014 Focus SE 5MT 1994 H-D
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
There is a law that if a vehicle is over a certain height or width - don't remember which - it has to have high mounted auxiliary lights, like the Raptor has at the top of it's grille. Maybe that's the reason?

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I haven't been able to re-find it but I swear I saw in the specs sheet months ago that the roof rack wouldn't be available with the Sasquatch. I don't remember the exact wording but it explicitly said something about no rack and Sasquatch. Not sure why everyone is so surprised. It'll be because of one of the reasons others mentioned.

Don't worry about it. You'll still be able to order a roof rack separately from your dealer. It just won't be mounted from the factory. You can install it yourself in 5 minutes.

There's more important things to worry about.

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Maybe Ford will explain. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :alien:

xXChartmanXx

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It's a bug people. Does not have to do with GVWR or height. The same Bronco in a 2 door with the same height can have the roof rack. As a 2 door with a shorter wheelbase it has a higher center of gravity and a much higher tip index. A 4 door with a larger wheelbase is far lower on the tip index. This is simply an error on the website. Someone set the flags wrong. And if it were true, you could just purchase the rack separate and install it yourself, same with the headliner.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep YJ, Ford Fiesta ST, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Considering you couldn't even find such normal amenities as LED headlamps, push button start, or keyless entry on your current $50k rig I'd say Ford is doing alright!

I dig the Bison, and considered one until finding out I couldn't even option things that my $20k FiST had standard. That and it's a modern GM.

Sponsored

xXChartmanXx

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
There is a law that if a vehicle is over a certain height or width - don't remember which - it has to have high mounted auxiliary lights, like the Raptor has at the top of it's grille. Maybe that's the reason?
That's a width issue. Once you get to a certain width you have to have the 3 lights in the middle of the roof like a Raptor or F350. The Bronco Warthog may have to do the same with its wider stance.

xXChartmanXx

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I haven't been able to re-find it but I swear I saw in the specs sheet months ago that the roof rack wouldn't be available with the Sasquatch. I don't remember the exact wording but it explicitly said something about no rack and Sasquatch. Not sure why everyone is so surprised. It'll be because of one of the reasons others mentioned.

Don't worry about it. You'll still be able to order a roof rack separately from your dealer. It just won't be mounted from the factory. You can install it yourself in 5 minutes.

It is a bug with the 4 door, you can build a 2 door with sasquatch with the roof rack:

Ford Bronco I don't understand it, big tires equal no roof rack? 1603562612482

privateer35

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

But when will it be delivered if ordered separately?

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Secret video of Bronco roof rack assembly issues.

Ford Bronco I don't understand it, big tires equal no roof rack? 1603562849792
Sponsored