Sponsored

I don't understand it, big tires equal no roof rack?

xXChartmanXx

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This is what I've been looking for.

20201024_143934.jpg

The roof rails being missing from 4 door Sasquatch models is NOT an accident.
Makes 0 sense. Would love to hear the science behind that decision. A 2 door with those same tires has the same height and a much higher tip index.
Sponsored

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Makes 0 sense. Would love to hear the science behind that decision. A 2 door with those same tires has the same height and a much higher tip index.
There's other things besides stability. Guessing limited by GVWR, payload, or tire load index. Just means you'll have to put it on yourself.

Maybe 4 door+Sasquatch+5 "average americans"+luggage+110lbs on the roof is over the GVWR.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Safety issue. Too tall, might hit power lines.

xXChartmanXx

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
There's other things besides stability. Guessing limited by GVWR, payload, or tire load index. Just means you'll have to put it on yourself.

Maybe 4 door+Sasquatch+5 "average americans"+luggage+110lbs on the roof is over the GVWR.
Possibly. Would love to see the science behind it. Because from what we've seen, the 2 door is only supposed to be 200-300 pounds lighter. On that wheelbase would actually have more weight on each tire then the 4 door. Like you said could be some crazy metric due to GVWR, but those same laws would effect aftermarket parts and installation and I've never heard once that a Jeep was not allowed to have a roof rack due to having 35's and a lift. The whole overlanding scene would have to shutdown. Just seems crazy. I'll install it once I get it home with the car and the rack.

Sponsored

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Possibly. Would love to see the science behind it. Because from what we've seen, the 2 door is only supposed to be 200-300 pounds lighter. On that wheelbase would actually have more weight on each tire then the 4 door. Like you said could be some crazy metric due to GVWR, but those same laws would effect aftermarket parts and installation and I've never heard once that a Jeep was not allowed to have a roof rack due to having 35's and a lift. The whole overlanding scene would have to shutdown. Just seems crazy. I'll install it once I get it home with the car and the rack.
Certainly seems weird. But Ford likes to do things that make no sense. Hopefully they will explain or rectify it at some point.

I'm not at all worried about it regardless. I prefer to do things myself anyway. I'll install my roof rack of choice at home. I don't like dealers touching my vehicles. I already told my salesman they are to leave all the shipping plastic on my Bronco and they are not to go anywhere near it with a buffer ?

xXChartmanXx

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Certainly seems weird. But Ford likes to do things that make no sense. Hopefully they will explain or rectify it at some point.

I'm not at all worried about it regardless. I prefer to do things myself anyway. I'll install my roof rack of choice at home. I don't like dealers touching my vehicles. I already told my salesman they are to leave all the shipping plastic on my Bronco and they are not to go anywhere near it with a buffer ?
Right, Let me back it off the call hauler dude (Of course the car hauler dude would punch you then but...).

rigel

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan murano 2017
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Was not squatched...just added aftermarket wheels and tires to badlands. The guy in the video was wrong it was later announced.
Word. That makes me feel better. I thought it was. Thanks for correction.

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

so, the forest green filson 4dr bronco with sasquatch, roof rack and hauling 400 # of water in the rescue skid is somehow limited?

at least two real life examples are being donated.

Sponsored

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
so, the forest green filson 4dr bronco with sasquatch, roof rack and hauling 400 # of water in the rescue skid is somehow limited?

at least two real life examples are being donated.
We've been shown how many Broncos that we can't actually buy?

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

evgenyvasenev

Badlands
First Name
Evgeny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vasenev.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There is a law that if a vehicle is over a certain height or width - don't remember which - it has to have high mounted auxiliary lights, like the Raptor has at the top of it's grille. Maybe that's the reason?
That I don't understand, why you can order the roof rack with Sasquatch and 2 doors. The same height. Right?