Sponsored

I don't understand why this winch mount solution hasn't been mass produced yet? (video in post)

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This youtube guy makes a custom winch mount for his badlands modular bumper. Its simple, looks good enough and doesn't require an entire front bumper to be replaced.

I imagine mass produced this thing would be..what... $300? I'd pay that right now!

link to video below. Fairly long, but if you skip around you'll get the idea. Any custom fabricators out there who might read this - get on it and I will be the first in line!

Sponsored

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, '17 Superduity, '22 Badsquatch, CR 250R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yep, Thats on another post. I agree. It's pretty cool!

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This youtube guy makes a custom winch mount for his badlands modular bumper. Its simple, looks good enough and doesn't require an entire front bumper to be replaced.

I imagine mass produced this thing would be..what... $300? I'd pay that right now!

link to video below. Fairly long, but if you skip around you'll get the idea. Any custom fabricators out there who might read this - get on it and I will be the first in line!

Not bad, but it blocks the camera and ACC, so no good for me!

OP
OP
SamG

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Solid point - as Black Diamond I have no front camera. I am beginning to fear that y'all badlands folks might be the reason a solution like this never gets made.

I just think the idea of having to buy an entirely new bumper is insane.

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Solid point - as Black Diamond I have no front camera. I am beginning to fear that y'all badlands folks might be the reason a solution like this never gets made.

This mount may also block too much air to the intercooler as well!
I might just customize my own, cut out the top of the mod bumper to get the winch a bit lower and add a cradle using the same hook mounts.

Sponsored

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Maybe i'm just jaded because I live in a state with only 2 legal off-roading spots (one is a beach), and in my area the nearest note-worthy legally off-roadable area is in another state about a 2 hour drive away. But man do I see a TON of angry eye jeeps with winches in my town, and I've never seen a lick of dirt on any of em.

While I really want to get into off-roading, i think I'm better off buying a come-along rather than be another pretender throwing money at an unused winch.

Gangstead

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BD 4DR 7MT Soft
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Maybe i'm just jaded because I live in a state with only 2 legal off-roading spots (one is a beach), and in my area the nearest note-worthy legally off-roadable area is in another state about a 2 hour drive away. But man do I see a TON of angry eye jeeps with winches in my town, and I've never seen a lick of dirt on any of em.

While I really want to get into off-roading, i think I'm better off buying a come-along rather than be another pretender throwing money at an unused winch.
I'm the same way. I just came back from the Moab Off Roadeo and was I was ready to go all out including angry eyes to get my Bronco ready for crawling. Then I look at alltrails.com and the nearest place is 2 hours away at an off road park where you have to pay an entrance fee and they have something like 10 miles of trails. Back in Moab there are hundreds of miles of free to use trails all over the place. It was very depressing realization that I'll probably never do anything that cool with my Bronco.

goatman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Yep. While I have a winch on my Jeep, I live in the west and have plenty of off road opportunity. Way back, before I got a winch, and went with other people who had winches, I carried a come-a-long and got myself out of a couple jams with it. I carried rope and a strap.

OP
OP
SamG

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yep. While I have a winch on my Jeep, I live in the west and have plenty of off road opportunity. Way back, before I got a winch, and went with other people who had winches, I carried a come-a-long and got myself out of a couple jams with it. I carried rope and a strap.
I myself work from home and have no children, so I generally have no issue driving hours and hours to get into some real rough spots.

I loath pretenders - aka 99% of people who own off road modded jeeps, I refuse to be one lol

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For me, I'd rely way more on winch and its capabilities but could give a crap about the camera and ACC but the wife insists on a heated steering wheel so therefore it has me installing a winch regardless of what it blocks. I'm not walking out of the mountains.. :)

Sponsored

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For me, I'd rely way more on winch and its capabilities but could give a crap about the camera and ACC but the wife insists on a heated steering wheel so therefore it has me installing a winch regardless of what it blocks. I'm not walking out of the mountains.. :)
It’s called choice and I choose to not disable the features I bought my ride for! 👍🐴🐴🥌

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s called choice and I choose to not disable the features I bought my ride for! 👍🐴🐴🥌
I bought mine for rock crawling I don't need ACC or the camera. I mean I get it.
I just wish they had this figured to where we could pick and choose what we want.

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

you could always 'off-road' in the pine barrens. even without straying off the 'road', it's quite possible to totally flood a vehicle in the 'puddles'. recovery strap and winch are highly recommended.

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm a Badlands orderer with no front camera or ACC so don't blame it on me! ;)

I like the simple design - but I like simple things.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
No way in hell you are getting an aftermarket bumper with a winch option for $300. This is just crazy talk.
Sponsored