Sponsored

I don't understand why this winch mount solution hasn't been mass produced yet? (video in post)

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think this hurts the approach angle too much. It is low and sticks out too far. But with out seeing it in person or with measurements of the angle I may be wrong.

This also looks very much like the winch mount from ford.
Sponsored

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm still hoping for a front hitch mount or something that mounts to the bumper and tow hooks so I can attach a winch when I plan to go wheeling, and then take it off again and leave it in the garage for the 90%+ other times of the year where I'll be nowhere near a trail where a winch will ever be necessary. Hitch mount is not ideal if you have to pull extreme weight, but for pulling over/out of a stuck situation should be just fine.
Up until then I'll have a comealong and some other gear to pull me off a high centered rock or out of a rut.

I also have zero interest in trails where you need a winch to get up some crazy rock garden or through some deep mudhole etc, at least not with my Bronco. I'd get a dedicated rig for that, but first I'd have to move to be closer to such places.

Good to see people fiddling with ideas though, exciting to watch the aftermarket grow!

OP
OP
SamG

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think this hurts the approach angle too much. It is low and sticks out too far. But with out seeing it in person or with measurements of the angle I may be wrong.

This also looks very much like the winch mount from ford.

Indeed it does look like Ford's! the problem (for me anyway) with ford's mount is that its wayyyyyyy overpriced. Even if you take the winch that comes with it into consideration

Sponsored

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Solid point - as Black Diamond I have no front camera. I am beginning to fear that y'all badlands folks might be the reason a solution like this never gets made.
Aw, way to ruin it for the rest of us! :)
This is exactly what i need - unless Ford is somehow willing to sell the mounts/ hardware a la carte from the FP/ Warn kit (and i know full well they'll never do that).

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Indeed it does look like Ford's! the problem (for me anyway) with ford's mount is that its wayyyyyyy overpriced. Even if you take the winch that comes with it into consideration
Yeah it's basically $2000 for the mount which is nuts

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

To me a true solution is one that worked with all the sensors, doesn't block the intercooler, doesn't block the camera, and makes sure to account for any transmission coolers (aka the 2.7).

Only then can someone claim they've developed a winch solution.
Sponsored