Sponsored

I ended up with two Broncos on order when I only wanted one. and the later one is built.

harperrb

Wildtrak
First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What I didn't want.
Ford Bronco I ended up with two Broncos on order when I only wanted one. and the later one is built. broncobuilt.PNG

What I wanted
Ford Bronco I ended up with two Broncos on order when I only wanted one. and the later one is built. 1628564180307

So I had one of those "nightmare scenarios" while ordering my bronco.

Long story short:
1. in February '21, my dealership changed new car sales mangers.
2. new manager demanded 2500$ down to covert my res to an order..
3. F'that, find a new dealer.
4. turns out my dealer already put in a 99-code order to hold my res.
5. with the help of this forum, I found two great alternatives, chose one based on distance, and struggled with Ford for weeks to move my res w/ OG time-stamp.
6. OG dealer was able to keep OG res, while I received a new res with new dealership.
7. I still get updates for my OG res even tho I've asked several times to cancel my order from OG dealership.
8. my OG res was just built (see snip above) with an 8/2 *order date*
9. still waiting for my *real* res to be built (6/29 In-Production).
10. I'm sad :(
11, I'm sure my dealership will just claim my unwanted bronco and sell for a chunk of profit while I sit waiting for the one I really really want.
12. anyway, I have some Willet bourbon I need to "try out".

{edit: one I didn't want the dealership put in the order, Outer banks 4-door hardtop; the one I want, Wildtrak, 2d, Lux.]
Sponsored

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What I didn't want.
Ford Bronco I ended up with two Broncos on order when I only wanted one. and the later one is built. 1628564180307

What I wanted

So I had one of those "nightmare scenarios" while ordering my bronco.

Long story short:
1. in February '21, my dealership changed new car sales mangers.
2. new manager demanded 2500$ down to covert my res to an order..
3. F'that, find a new dealer.
4. turns out my dealer already put in a 99-code order to hold my res.
5. with the help of this forum, I found two great alternatives, chose one based on distance, and struggled with Ford for weeks to move my res w/ OG time-stamp.
6. OG dealer was able to keep OG res, while I received a new res with new dealership.
7. I still get updates for my OG res even tho I've asked several times to cancel my order from OG dealership.
8. my OG res was just built (see snip above) with an 8/2 *order date*
9. still waiting for my *real* res to be built (6/29 In-Production).
10. I'm sad :(
11, I'm sure my dealership will just claim my unwanted bronco and sell for a chunk of profit while I sit waiting for the one I really really want.
12. anyway, I have some Willet bourbon I need to "try out".

{edit: one I didn't want the dealership put in the order, Outer banks 4-door hardtop; the one I want, Wildtrak, 2d, Lux.]
Ask your dealer to "buy" your unwanted order instead of letting them have it.. Tell them for $2k you can do what you want to it. Or buy it and sell it and make a few $.

OP
OP
harperrb

harperrb

Wildtrak
First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Why not buy the first one and flip to pay part of second one? To me, you have a winning hand and zero problems.
I'm not necessarily in the position to take out a 30k loan for a car I don't want, just to sell it marginally above MSPR and pay tax, title, etc. Seems like a lot of time, for very minor return.

Ask your dealer to "buy" your unwanted order instead of letting them have it.. Tell them for $2k you can do what you want to it. Or buy it and sell it and make a few $.
I like this idea. I haven't seen this on the forum. I think I will take you up on this.. hah. Or at least give my old dealership enough grief to handle.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Soooo you switched dealers because they wanted you to prove you were serious before ordering a vehicle for you...and now you're upset that this earlier res is built.

I'm not sure I can empathize 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Sponsored

JBHillCountry

Black Diamond
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Land Cruiser, 2022 F250, 2022 Tahoe Z71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You can easily make $10k flipping it after using it until yours comes in. Not going to make 30% return on your money that easy anywhere else.

carfiguy

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Toyota Sienna, Ford Transit
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm not necessarily in the position to take out a 30k loan for a car I don't want, just to sell it marginally above MSPR and pay tax, title, etc. Seems like a lot of time, for very minor return.

I like this idea. I haven't seen this on the forum. I think I will take you up on this.. hah. Or at least give my old dealership enough grief to handle.
How about selling it to me? :)

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Soooo you switched dealers because they wanted you to prove you were serious before ordering a vehicle for you...and now you're upset that this earlier res is built.

I'm not sure I can emphasize 🤷‍♂️
You mean sympathize? 😂

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Wamland

Outer Banks
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’ll take it off your hands :)

Kel

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kelechi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Chevy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Dude/dudette….jackpot you are not seeing that you just won the lottery. If I were you I would buy it and flip it. Or worst case just bluff the OG dealer show up with check in hand tell them you are willing to walk away if they give you $10k then bargain it down to 5k. If they say no just act like you are about you buy it up until you sign see who flinches first. I’ll take my 1k commission for this advice.

OP
OP
harperrb

harperrb

Wildtrak
First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

thanks for the suggestions everyone.

I'm not going to take a loan to buy a car that I don't want. It wont clear my credit report for applying for a second loan that Ill need and will have to pay more over the life of the loan for the increased interest.

Its cool many people have this flexibility. I do not.

If its somehow possible to sell "the rights" to the dealership for them to sell. I'll take it. But, considering I've already given them notice that I don't want it (way back before I ordered it), I don't know how that can stand up to any scrutiny.

I'm not sure I can empathize 🤷‍♂️
No. I agreed to the original dealership with a 500$ down. They changed managers and changed the deal. I'm glad you're here to support.

Dude/dudette….jackpot you are not seeing that you just won the lottery. If I were you I would buy it and flip it. Or worst case just bluff the OG dealer show up with check in hand tell them you are willing to walk away if they give you $10k then bargain it down to 5k. If they say no just act like you are about you buy it up until you sign see who flinches first. I’ll take my 1k commission for this advice.
10K over MSRP. My tax is, " Tax $5579.27 " so. that's 4500$. Not including title - Dealership fee is 900$. so that's 3600$.

That's only if I hit 10k over asking for a OB Mid-Package. Ehhh.. Is it worth it? You would do it? I'm not .

I’ll take it off your hands :)
How about selling it to me? :)

Send me text, I'll let you know the offer - see above. I think only 10k# over MSRP makes sense. Seems like I deal I hear.
Sponsored