Sponsored

I feel gypped by Ford on my cup holders (manual vs auto)

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So my day at the Las Vegas Off-Rodeo was a blast and a great learning experience about the capabilities of the Ford Bronco.

However, I did find out a difference between my manual BL and the automatic BLs we had for the Off-Rodeo regarding the cup holders in the front.

the BLs were 2021 models (they still had the temp readouts on the knobs). The cups holders in the BL I drove had the “fingers” on the inside of the cup holders that helped to keep stuff from rattling around.

Ford Bronco I feel gypped by Ford on my cup holders (manual vs auto) 61E2215B-0349-440A-9AE8-5B51C5B94255

But the cup holders in my manual BL did not have the fingers in the cup holders.

Ford Bronco I feel gypped by Ford on my cup holders (manual vs auto) 1A8CB183-2800-4F55-BE1F-D57A7C71268B

Kinda cheeseball IMHO to not include what can’t be more than $1 worth of plastic and springs for the cup holders in 7-speed Broncos.

Also the whole “layout” of the center console was so much better in the auto than the manual, not just with the cup holders, but also with regard to the window lift buttons and side view mirrors. Basically after sitting in the automatic, it seemed to me like all the ergonomic planning was done for the automatic, and when it came to the manual it was like “oh I guess we can’t do the same layout” so we’ll just shove stuff wherever it fits.

Just like with the tachometer, it’s like the center console for the manual was an afterthought.
Sponsored

Last edited:

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I wonder if there is no room under the console. The back of the cup holder with fingers is a little bigger.
Ford Bronco I feel gypped by Ford on my cup holders (manual vs auto) 77A33F50-4C87-4B16-A088-CA309F882BD7

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Ford Motor Company , they don't want to sale MT's any more..... đŸ€Ź

It seems like everything MT related is an Afterthought when there's AT & MT versions of a vehicle, where they place more "design effort" on the AT's and say F the MT people.

And it's looking like I'll be buying something else if @Ford Motor Company stays on that course with this mindset on the Bronco. It's bad enough that they had to copy Jeep on a lot of the things as well.......... smh....

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
mt seems like an afterthought with Bronco. There is no part of me that would be surprised if they phase it out by the time we get a refresh. This would also allow Ford to increase MSRP due to all Broncos being automatics.

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't know how you could be surprised by this?

Ford is out here to make money and the question is how much new tooling would you expect them to make to cater to a niche market? It's obvious the same cup holder "finger" parts weren't going to fit...

Sponsored

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So my day at the Las Vegas Off-Rodeo was a blast and a great learning experience about the capabilities of the Ford Bronco.

However, I did find out a difference between my manual BL and the automatic BLs we had for the Off-Rodeo regarding the cup holders in the front.

the BLs were 2021 models (they still had the temp readouts on the knobs). The cups holders in the BL I drove had the “fingers” on the inside of the cup holders that helped to keep stuff from rattling around.

Ford Bronco I feel gypped by Ford on my cup holders (manual vs auto) 77A33F50-4C87-4B16-A088-CA309F882BD7

But the cup holders in my manual BL did not have the fingers in the cup holders.

Kinda cheeseball IMHO to not include what can’t be more than $1 worth of plastic and springs for the cup holders in 7-speed Broncos.

Also the whole “layout” of the center console was so much better in the auto than the manual, not just with the cup holders, but also with regard to the window lift buttons and side view mirrors. Basically after sitting in the automatic, it seemed to me like all the ergonomic planning was done for the automatic, and when it came to the manual it was like “oh I guess we can’t do the same layout” so we’ll just shove stuff wherever it fits.

Just like with the tachometer, it’s like the enter console for the manual was an afterthought.
Like '21OBX posted, there probably wasn't room for the assembly in the MT top plate.

If it makes you feel any better, it isn't springs that keeps tension on the fingers in the cupholder but just a piece of rubber band type material slung around the back. It will probably stretch out and become useless and likely rattle in no time at all.

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have an MT and don’t have issues with drinks rattling in the cup holders, nor are the window buttons that difficult to operate. In fact, I didn’t know of the differences you mention as I’ve not driven an automatic.

All that being said, I’m not sure ragging on Ford for some (likely) necessary alterations to handle the mechanisms of the 7MT is warranted. Keeping parts and assembly procedures similar is always the goal as that keeps costs down, so the change was most certainly needed to accommodate the shifter and/or transmission housing differences. They look quite different. See below.

244D7837-06E9-4DCC-AC01-B732EC71A49A.jpeg

Sponsored

Bob 07064

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 4x4 ranger, '17 edge 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford Bronco I feel gypped by Ford on my cup holders (manual vs auto) 244D7837-06E9-4DCC-AC01-B732EC71A49A

Ford Bronco I feel gypped by Ford on my cup holders (manual vs auto) 244D7837-06E9-4DCC-AC01-B732EC71A49A

Just like with the tachometer, it’s like the enter console for the manual was an afterthought.
manual trans and 2drs is not the market Ford is after with the new Bronco. The 4dr auto is a rugged extension of the explorer, also a 4dr auto....

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

To each their own. We have a MT and like the layout better than the automatic. Although, the adjustable cupholders with the fingers would have been nice.

ET13

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So is it only manuals that didnt get the little fingers?
Sponsored