Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Early Bronco, F-150, F-450
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sure... until they buy one, drive it for a bit, hate it, and get something else
Yet Jeep just keeps selling them. They’ve sold so many that they’ve caught Ford’s attention.

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Man, I wish I was foolish enough to hate a whole car because of 1 small aspect... maybe then I wouldn't have 6 of them crowding up my driveway right now

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Man, I wish I was foolish enough to hate a whole car because of 1 small aspect... maybe then I wouldn't have 6 of them crowding up my driveway right now
there are whole cars or brands I hate because of a single aspect.

I hate the wrangler because I don't have one.
I hate the chevrolet because of the bowtie.
I hate the hyundaii because they feel like a tin can that is falling apart.
I hate the Ferrari because of the price tag.

Last edited:

Toyhoarder

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s not a small aspect to me. The front end of my F-150 has been a never ending source of frustration. I can handle replacing worn parts every couple years, but the repeated 4x4 failures are becoming intolerable for me living in the Rockies. Four wheel drive can literally be a life saver where I travel so having it fail constantly is a bit frustrating.

Meanwhile, my F-450 has been completely reliable and doesn’t ride or handle much worse.

I know Ford has the capability to make the Bronco solid, hopefully they follow through.

Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Can't argue that...but I sure wouldn't mind if Ford bought some 'Surf Blue' from them to put on Bronco:
upload_2019-11-6_11-40-42.png

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
there are whole cars or brands I hate because of a single aspect.

I hate the wrangler because I don't have one.
I hate the chevrolet because of the bowtie.
I hate the Ferrari because of the price tag.
The Hyundai one I can agree with, but that's a pretty significant reason... what good is a car if you can never drive it?

It’s not a small aspect to me. The front end of my F-150 has been a never ending source of frustration. I can handle replacing worn parts every couple years, but the repeated 4x4 failures are becoming intolerable for me living in the Rockies. Four wheel drive can literally be a life saver where I travel so having it fail constantly is a bit frustrating.

Meanwhile, my F-450 has been completely reliable and doesn’t ride or handle much worse.

I know Ford has the capability to make the Bronco solid, hopefully they follow through.
I get it, you have problems with your F150. However, that doesn't mean that the Bronco is going to be the worst off-roader ever made and only be useful to the pavement princesses, as you infer. Worst comes to worst, a solid axle swap would make the bronco the perfect vehicle for you, so it can't be all that bad

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I think when a car costs more than $40k many of us have to REALLY like it before we will buy. I'm no Jay Leno to buy one of everything - I'm not even well to do enough to have three new cars. So I have to pick and choose what I buy. I'm only going to spend big money on a new vehicle if it's awesome. And all the cars on the market are competing for our money.

I might think the Bronco is good. I might even like it quite a bit. However it's still possible for me to like it and decide not to buy anyway. Heck, I've really liked the early Broncos for many years and I haven't bought one. I continue to think about it, but they are mostly too expensive now. And I just don't want to invest the time and money in another classic restoration.

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I think when a car costs more than $40k many of us have to REALLY like it before we will buy. I'm no Jay Leno to buy one of everything - I'm not even well to do enough to have three new cars. So I have to pick and choose what I buy. I'm only going to spend big money on a new vehicle if it's awesome. And all the cars on the market are competing for our money.

I might think the Bronco is good. I might even like it quite a bit. However it's still possible for me to like it and decide not to buy anyway. Heck, I've really liked the early Broncos for many years and I haven't bought one. I continue to think about it, but they are mostly too expensive now. And I just don't want to invest the time and money in another classic restoration.
There's a difference between "not buying" and "hating". Generally, what I see from the SFA crowd is a lot of hate... a whole lot of "pavement princess", "I would never", "ugly", "crappy", and so on.

But regardless, are you saying there wasn't a single thing you disliked about your GT350? Or your Z06? 1 thing being not quite to standards and the rest being perfect for you shouldn't cause you to hate a car

Example; I LOVE the C8. I refuse to buy one because it's auto only, but I still don't hate it or call people names for liking it

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sure... until they buy one, drive it for a bit, hate it, and get something else
LOL, wife and I were seriously just talking about a couple we know that does that with houses.

They JUST moved in to a brand new (as in newly built) house like last week and they are talking about getting rid of it for (reasons) , but the realtor advised them to carry the mortgage for 6 months to avoid any penalties. Unreal.

Back to the qoute, I don't think it is a "Hate it" mentality as much as it is some other psychological driver.
Lack of self discipline, boredom, seeking validation or happiness through material objects, etc etc, but it never works. They never stop to think that those attributes are found within, they know only that their last purchase did not supply the "fix" they were looking for, so they keep buying, hoping it's the next one.

Like any other addict, there is no talking them out of it. They hear only what they want to hear, believe what they need to believe to justify their next move.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wrangler appeals to the masses and hardcore enthusiasts. And it hasn’t been out of production for 25 years.

I give the new Bronco a 7 year run max and no significant updates.

I think you are wrong. I am CERTAIN they are going to pay so much homage to the original Bronco, that they run it for 11 years with no major updates before they pull the plug.

LOL

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
There's a difference between "not buying" and "hating". Generally, what I see from the SFA crowd is a lot of hate... a whole lot of "pavement princess", "I would never", "ugly", "crappy", and so on.

But regardless, are you saying there wasn't a single thing you disliked about your GT350? Or your Z06? 1 thing being not quite to standards and the rest being perfect for you shouldn't cause you to hate a car

Example; I LOVE the C8. I refuse to buy one because it's auto only, but I still don't hate it or call people names for liking it
Oh yeah there are things I dislike about the GT350 and the Z06. But (once I fixed it) I really loved the GT350 on track days. To the point that I did an track rental of a Ferrari F430 and a Porsche GT3 and my reaction was "meh".

No I'm with you on the hate and name calling.

Toyhoarder

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think you are wrong. I am CERTAIN they are going to pay so much homage to the original Bronco, that they run it for 11 years with no major updates before they pull the plug.

LOL
That’s funny but the original was built for 12 model years.
Sponsored