Sponsored

I finally got to drive a bronco today!!!!!

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know there’s plenty of threads with driving impressions but I figure the more the merrier right?;)

My wife alerted me that A local dealer had a Two Door Sasquatch Big Bend out front so I swung by to see what was up. Turns out it was a mannequin and not a customer order so they let me play with it a bit.

IMPRESSIONS:

SIZE
The Two door is plenty big. When equipped with sasquatch the stance is perfect imo. Climbing in the back seat wasn’t too challenging for me (I’m 5’11 245) I will say I was able to sit pretty comfortably in the back seat as well. However, it is much easier getting in and out of the back from the passenger side opposed to the drivers side.

DRIVING:
This model was equipped with the 2.3. The motor isn’t underpowered by any means but…. It’s not quick either. There’s a decent amount of get up and go in sport mode. The ride was surprisingly smooth for being equipped with 35 inch mud terrain tires. The two door was very nimble on the highway, I took it up to 85mph. The outside noise was a little loud but that’s to be expected and that can be fixed with just turning the music up a little bit more;). The AC was VERY strong. It’s 93 degrees here in Oklahoma and I didn’t sweat one bit in the bronco.

OVERALL
This really is making it hard for me to choose between 2 and 4 dr as I love the look of the 2 door but I have a baby on the way so I’m not sure… the back row was very spacious and After today I’m leaning towards the two door. I’m very impressed with this truck and can’t wait to get my own:)

0904B5A3-42FD-457C-AC61-34E3DFD993AF.jpeg

002C321D-B2B9-4268-833C-E6FA9621E20C.jpeg

2852D945-FB5D-48DA-A71D-E2BBCE5A5C06.jpeg

07C8EA30-B80D-42A4-A49C-C1BD91630E9A.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Prl jam

Badlands
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Porsche Boxster S - 96 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for your review...I, like you, prefer the 2 door but can't discount the utility of the 4 door. I am now more inclined to be happy with my 2 door decision!

Big Island Bronco ?♂️

First Edition
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ Cherokee, 1971 Z28 R/S
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I have a 2-door First Edition on order, no build date yet, and I to love the exterior and interior size of the 2-door Bronco, plus it just looks better :) Now here's my opinion for those on the fence of deciding between a 2-door and 4-door model. If you buy a 2-door and you find that it just doesn't work for your particular lifestyle you can always sell it later and get a 4-door. Im willing to bet there will be no lack of eager buyers the next couple years especially since there will be much fewer 2-doors on the road. Ya getting out of the back seat was harder than getting in but im sure a well placed future aftermarket grab handle will fix that. As for rear seat shoulder room, 2 people actually have more room than the 3 shoehorned into the 4-door Bronco and leg room is identical. For me personally to make up for the smaller cargo area of the 2-door I will be purchasing a hitch mounted Pakmule.com rear cargo basket which will add 12 cubic feet.
Ford Bronco I finally got to drive a bronco today!!!!! 6AFDDDA1-8C8C-455A-99AC-5317D4DAFB68
Ford Bronco I finally got to drive a bronco today!!!!! A382902E-8C60-4AC1-A509-9174E294CC85

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Mud terrains?

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I know there’s plenty of threads with driving impressions but I figure the more the merrier right?;)

My wife alerted me that A local dealer had a Two Door Sasquatch Big Bend out front so I swung by to see what was up. Turns out it was a mannequin and not a customer order so they let me play with it a bit.

IMPRESSIONS:

SIZE
The Two door is plenty big. When equipped with sasquatch the stance is perfect imo. Climbing in the back seat wasn’t too challenging for me (I’m 5’11 245) I will say I was able to sit pretty comfortably in the back seat as well. However, it is much easier getting in and out of the back from the passenger side opposed to the drivers side.

DRIVING:
This model was equipped with the 2.3. The motor isn’t underpowered by any means but…. It’s not quick either. There’s a decent amount of get up and go in sport mode. The ride was surprisingly smooth for being equipped with 35 inch mud terrain tires. The two door was very nimble on the highway, I took it up to 85mph. The outside noise was a little loud but that’s to be expected and that can be fixed with just turning the music up a little bit more;). The AC was VERY strong. It’s 93 degrees here in Oklahoma and I didn’t sweat one bit in the bronco.

OVERALL
This really is making it hard for me to choose between 2 and 4 dr as I love the look of the 2 door but I have a baby on the way so I’m not sure… the back row was very spacious and After today I’m leaning towards the two door. I’m very impressed with this truck and can’t wait to get my own:)
Any parent from.recent times dealing with modern car seats will tell you that what you think is back seat spacious for an adult is not necessarily the same for rear-facing car seats. The geometry of each is reversed to each other and ends up taking up waaaaay too much space. If you know friends with a rear facing I recommend you borrow it, install it in that mannequin, and then make sure there is room to sit comfortably in the front seat and to get children in and out.around the B pillar.

Sponsored

Tangent27

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 VW Passat 2013 Road King 1987 BMW e30
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Any parent from.recent times dealing with modern car seats will tell you that what you think is back seat spacious for an adult is not necessarily the same for rear-facing car seats. The geometry of each is reversed to each other and ends up taking up waaaaay too much space. If you know friends with a rear facing I recommend you borrow it, install it in that mannequin, and then make sure there is room to sit comfortably in the front seat and to get children in and out.around the B pillar.
The rear seat space difference between a 2 door and a 4 door is very minimal. Less than a half inch I believe.

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The rear seat space difference between a 2 door and a 4 door is very minimal. Less than a half inch I believe.
To me it’s not the rear facing pumpkin. Seats that matter, it is the rear facing car seats. You will have to literally climb in the back seat to make sure the child is buckled in their harness in a 2 door. Watch this video to give you an idea.

fv9

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport, 2005 Lotus Elise, Protoform P3 formula vee, Crossle 32F formula ford
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

IMPRESSIONS:

SIZE

DRIVING:

OVERALL
As someone whose kids are now 15, 11, and 9, you want the four door for child seats if you’ll be transporting the baby a fair amount. Trust me on this.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

IMPRESSIONS:

SIZE

DRIVING:

OVERALL
Just think about your baby 16 years from now and how glad they will be that you handed them down a 2 door instead of a 4 door Bronco. Even if they cant lay down in the back of it:sneaky:. Win Win!

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have a 2-door First Edition on order, no build date yet, and I to love the exterior and interior size of the 2-door Bronco, plus it just looks better :) Now here's my opinion for those on the fence of deciding between a 2-door and 4-door model. If you buy a 2-door and you find that it just doesn't work for your particular lifestyle you can always sell it later and get a 4-door. Im willing to bet there will be no lack of eager buyers the next couple years especially since there will be much fewer 2-doors on the road. Ya getting out of the back seat was harder than getting in but im sure a well placed future aftermarket grab handle will fix that. As for rear seat shoulder room, 2 people actually have more room than the 3 shoehorned into the 4-door Bronco and leg room is identical. For me personally to make up for the smaller cargo area of the 2-door I will be purchasing a hitch mounted Pakmule.com rear cargo basket which will add 12 cubic feet.
Ford Bronco I finally got to drive a bronco today!!!!! A382902E-8C60-4AC1-A509-9174E294CC85
The seat backs will lay flatter when the seat cushions are flipped up

Sponsored

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I got to drive my dealer's mannequin this morning. A 4-door, soft top Cyber Orange Badlands, 2.3L automatic. LUX package + Leather. 33" tires. I had it for about 1 hour 15 minutes.

Man am I glad I'm getting a hard top. The soft top is a very well designed and manufactured roof, but the side rear windows are a PIA to deal with. The bottom side has to slide in, Rubiks Cube like, then snap-in plastic tabs in the front and a long plastic tab in the back. The clamshell design of the rear window is neat, but you pretty much have to release both latches at the same time, then pull out the kickstand. Fine if you are not holding a package that is the reason why you are opening the clamshell in the first place. The rear window takes two people because it is so long and wraps around. Two dealership guys were putting the rear window in when I got there and I said to myself, "bring on the honeycomb".

The truck drives great. Good steering feel I thought. Not sports sedan like, but for a EPS rack in a 4x4, it was very nice. Throttle input is good, brake feel is a bit soft in the first inch or so of pedal travel, but then the brakes bite very well and can be modulated easily. The seats are extremely comfortable IMO. Steering wheel positioning is quite adjustable and a good position can be easily found. The gauges are downright stupid. Why it has a real speedometer dial indicator and a digital indicator is beyond me. For a vehicle that comes with a manual transmission, it needs a real tachometer. I looked for a different tach display and didn't find one.

The automatic trans sucks, but that's coming from a diehard manual trans guy, so I think all automatic transmissions suck, regardless of programming and gear count. I guess Ford threw in the manual mode so you can hold a gear, but to shift with it as a manumatic, nah. Letting it shift on it's own in Normal GOAT mode, it was okay, but like all automatics, the engine is off cam and a down shift is needed. Off road, I'd bet the trans is spot on.

I didn't want to take it off road and dirty it up. I did drive up my driveway fast, which is gravel through the woods, then over a bridge. It handled that as well as my H3T does. I then drove it around my front yard, which is basically the same as a fire road, and the suspension soaks up bumps great. Ford nailed the steering and suspension. I really didn't play with the GOAT modes.

The Tech in the truck is annoying and pointless, as I think every modern car UI is. The in-car Owner's Manual was a bunch of videos from what I could tell. Neat and modern, but painfully long to wait if you want a simple answer to a question. I didn't look at the paper copy (I think there was one in the glovebox). It's good you can turn off the Nannies (hopefully they stay off). I did connect my Sony Walkman via Bluetooth and played some music through the B&O Sound system. It sounds decent enough, but costs a whole lot to get, and I'm betting the aftermarket will improve the base system with a sub, amps, and better speakers. The B&O system was enjoyably loud enough, but fidelity was on the good side, not great.

The mirrors are about two inches too short (side to side) in IMO. I can use them in traffic, so it shouldn't be an issue. The HVAC was good. Easy to figure out, even though I get the Base system. The fan never shuts off and blows air constantly, but the system has great flow.

So far I like the bronco enough to still be interested in driving what I ordered, which is a 2-door, manual, Black Diamond with just the advanced transfer case.

I hope Ford comes up with a gauge update because the gauges suck. And please make a "Tech-delete" option; I'll pay not to have it.

Last edited:

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You got kids coming. You'll thank me for getting 4 doors. Every time you have to play with car seats, you'll worship back doors for access.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got to drive my dealer's mannequin this morning. A 4-door, soft top Cyber Orange Badlands, 2.3L automatic. High package + Leather. 33" tires. I had it for about 1 hour 15 minutes.

(...)

I did connect my Sony Walkman via Bluetooth and played some music through the B&O Sound system. It sounds decent enough, but costs a whole lot to get, and I'm betting the aftermarket will improve the base system with a sub, amps, and better speakers. The B&O system was enjoyably loud enough, but fidelity was on the good side, not great.
so it had the LUX package? On top you mention High package, which does not include the B&O stereo system.

So many different reviews of the audio systems, I'm just gonna wait and see how the B&O does, would think better than my 18 year old stock Tacoma (actually pretty good) and I'll be fine. Or mod over time. I don't expect earth shattering neighbors hear you before they see you sound though.

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for your input. I'm finally going to drive one tomorrow. A dealer 2 hours away has a Wildtrak. Then Monday I'm going to try a dealer 2 hours the other way with an OBX 2.3. My 2 least favorite trims and both 4dr 🤢 but beggars can't be choosy.

I've loaded a car seat in and out of a lifted 2dr suv and it's not as bad as people want to make it out to be. If you have the quick release car seat base it's no problem at all.
Sponsored