Sponsored

I finally got to drive a bronco today!!!!!

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You got kids coming. You'll thank me for getting 4 doors. Every time you have to play with car seats, you'll worship back doors for access.
This, 100%
we're long past car seats, my boy turned 18 yesterday, but I would NEVER consider anything 2door if you have a baby and later toddler coming now. Might be easy enough to snap the baby carrier in, but later with rear facing car seats it will be a struggle to climb in there with the kid and strap them in. If this is not your main car, maybe it'll be ok (I'd still not do it), if it's the main family hauler, go 4 door. You'll also need more room in the cargo area for the eventual stroller(s) and diaper bag and snacks and all that jazz.
Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did connect my Sony Walkman via Bluetooth and played some music through the B&O Sound system. It sounds decent enough, but costs a whole lot to get, and I'm betting the aftermarket will improve the base system with a sub, amps, and better speakers.
Come on, manā€¦ Sony Walkman? Pfft! No one cares about that new-fangled, techno-gobbledygook? Why didnā€™t you try some old-school stuff, like an 8-track tape player, or a Victrola phonograph? šŸ˜‰

Ford Bronco I finally got to drive a bronco today!!!!! 399C55AA-098B-4FD0-B72A-B4245D5D6AA4

Daboots

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You are lucky man! I was just at my dealership @applevalley Ford in Apple valley MN and they have a Black Diamond with SQ mannequin that showed up a week or so ago that the manager is driving (guess his son has a warranty issue or at least thatā€™s what they told me) so he is driving this as a loaner. They are not letting anyone test drive it and to take it a step further I was able to sit in it but was not even allowed to start it.

kind of made me a bit angry to be honest.

Last edited:

Thechief86

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Jeep XJ, 2008 Subaru Forester.
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have hauled my baby in a 62 VW Beetle, a 97 Jeep Wrangler, a 2 door Jeep Cherokee and an extended cab Toyota Tacoma, and none were that bad.
A 2 door Bronco should baby just fine.
Now my boy is 5, and he can climb his happy butt in the back and buckle himself. He's a big kid, he'll be riding shotgun before long.
If you want a 2 door, buy a 2 door. They're only babies for a little while...

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Come on, manā€¦ Sony Walkman? Pfft! No one cares about that new-fangled, techno-gobbledygook? Why didnā€™t you try some old-school stuff, like an 8-track tape player, or a Victrola phonograph? šŸ˜‰

Ford Bronco I finally got to drive a bronco today!!!!! 399C55AA-098B-4FD0-B72A-B4245D5D6AA4
In all seriousness, I wanted a source file with the least amount of compression as possible. Most of my music on the Walkman is FLAC (virtually lossless). The B&O sounded slightly better than the base system in my BMW.

And BTW I still have my 1980's Sony Walkman cassette player. I got the good one made entirely of aluminum. ;)

Sponsored

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
so it had the LUX package? On top you mention High package, which does not include the B&O stereo system.

So many different reviews of the audio systems, I'm just gonna wait and see how the B&O does, would think better than my 18 year old stock Tacoma (actually pretty good) and I'll be fine. Or mod over time. I don't expect earth shattering neighbors hear you before they see you sound though.
LUX package then. It definitely had the B&O system because the front dash speakers had the insignia.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
You'll also need more room in the cargo area for the eventual stroller(s) and diaper bag and snacks and all that jazz.
If I'm buying a Bronco based on that criteria someone please shoot me, lol.

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

In all seriousness, I wanted a source file with the least amount of compression as possible. Most of my music on the Walkman is FLAC (virtually lossless). The B&O sounded slightly better than the base system in my BMW.

And BTW I still have my 1980's Sony Walkman cassette player. I got the good one made entirely of aluminum. ;)
If you don't already have one, might I suggest a FiiO BTR5. One of the best audio gadgets I've ever purchased. Seriously high usefulness factor. Especially with portable high quality audio for cars

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thanks for your input. I'm finally going to drive one tomorrow. A dealer 2 hours away has a Wildtrak. Then Monday I'm going to try a dealer 2 hours the other way with an OBX 2.3. My 2 least favorite trims and both 4dr šŸ¤¢ but beggars can't be choosy.

I've loaded a car seat in and out of a lifted 2dr suv and it's not as bad as people want to make it out to be. If you have the quick release car seat base it's no problem at all.
I concur with @FourHorses and @Daktari - it's not the click-in style infant seat that's the problem it's the rear-facing child seat that really sucks for this.

MacMarauder

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Like others I agree that with rear facing seats the 2 door would be a pain. If you are only planning to have one kid it might be doable but if you are planning on more I would go 4 door. Dealing with two car seats in the back including one rear facing would be a major PITA.

Sponsored

Bronco88

Black Diamond
First Name
Ajay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I know thereā€™s plenty of threads with driving impressions but I figure the more the merrier right?;)

My wife alerted me that A local dealer had a Two Door Sasquatch Big Bend out front so I swung by to see what was up. Turns out it was a mannequin and not a customer order so they let me play with it a bit.

IMPRESSIONS:

SIZE
The Two door is plenty big. When equipped with sasquatch the stance is perfect imo. Climbing in the back seat wasnā€™t too challenging for me (Iā€™m 5ā€™11 245) I will say I was able to sit pretty comfortably in the back seat as well. However, it is much easier getting in and out of the back from the passenger side opposed to the drivers side.

DRIVING:
This model was equipped with the 2.3. The motor isnā€™t underpowered by any means butā€¦. Itā€™s not quick either. Thereā€™s a decent amount of get up and go in sport mode. The ride was surprisingly smooth for being equipped with 35 inch mud terrain tires. The two door was very nimble on the highway, I took it up to 85mph. The outside noise was a little loud but thatā€™s to be expected and that can be fixed with just turning the music up a little bit more;). The AC was VERY strong. Itā€™s 93 degrees here in Oklahoma and I didnā€™t sweat one bit in the bronco.

OVERALL
This really is making it hard for me to choose between 2 and 4 dr as I love the look of the 2 door but I have a baby on the way so Iā€™m not sureā€¦ the back row was very spacious and After today Iā€™m leaning towards the two door. Iā€™m very impressed with this truck and canā€™t wait to get my own:)

I test drove a Badlands 4 door with stock 33's and the 7 speed / 2.3 set up and it definitely felt under powered, might be a bit better with the auto but apart from rowing the gears it felt sluggish and that is not what I wanted. I have a 2.7 Badlands 4 door Sasquatch on order and can't wait. I enjoyed the suspension feel and build quality, still want one just as bad.

SillySpider

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Rubicon / 2017 JK Recon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a 1 year old daughter that I have to take in a 2 door JK Wrangler quite often. I have a 4 door also, but my wife mostly uses that one and I have been working at home with the baby while she goes to work. That means anything I have to do outside of the house, the daughter comes with me. (Two door has manual trans -which the wife cannot drive). I get by fine this way. Its a little bit of a pain to get her in the back... but it's just like 10 seconds of it. I have a base which I click the car seat in, I put her in the seat first and then snap her seat in the base in the back from the passenger door. I have three decently spaced areas I can store her things. The back: Though it is small, I can actually fit her folded up stroller back there. The passenger seat: I usually put her backpack of goods in there, or the space next to her in the back seat. I find all of these minor inconveniences worth having a 2 door. So I will be replacing my 2 door Jeep with a 2 door Bronco. The 2 door Bronco has even more space, and I can live with the 2 door Jeep. I'm also kind of an old Father for having such a young girl being 41, so I'm sure all you spring chickens out there can do it too!

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have a 1 year old daughter that I have to take in a 2 door JK Wrangler quite often. I have a 4 door also, but my wife mostly uses that one and I have been working at home with the baby while she goes to work. That means anything I have to do outside of the house, the daughter comes with me. (Two door has manual trans -which the wife cannot drive). I get by fine this way. Its a little bit of a pain to get her in the back... but it's just like 10 seconds of it. I have a base which I click the car seat in, I put her in the seat first and then snap her seat in the base in the back from the passenger door. I have three decently spaced areas I can store her things. The back: Though it is small, I can actually fit her folded up stroller back there. The passenger seat: I usually put her backpack of goods in there, or the space next to her in the back seat. I find all of these minor inconveniences worth having a 2 door. So I will be replacing my 2 door Jeep with a 2 door Bronco. The 2 door Bronco has even more space, and I can live with the 2 door Jeep. I'm also kind of an old Father for having such a young girl being 41, so I'm sure all you spring chickens out there can do it too!
Repost once she's out of the infant seat and into a rear-facing child seat. It's a completely different game!

SillySpider

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Rubicon / 2017 JK Recon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Repost once she's out of the infant seat and into a rear-facing child seat. It's a completely different game!
The next seat is very very close to happening, but the infant seat she is in is rear facing.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The next seat is very very close to happening, but the infant seat she is in is rear facing.
Yes but it's a click-in style infant seat. Those are the easiest seats to deal with until they're in a booster. The rear-facing child seats are the worst, although different jurisdictions may not require them? What's that next seat - rear-facing child or forward-facing child?

Edit: being in WA, you will need to have your daughter rear-facing until she turns two. If she's out-growing her infant seat and not yet two - which is common - then you'll be in the market for a rear/forward or a rear/forward/booster combo. Once she turns forward facing you're in much better shape, so if you're not planning on having a brood or keeping her rear-facing any longer than legally required - which is a huge online debate - you will likely be okay. It's not like many 2-doors are getting delivered any time soon anyways!!!
Sponsored

Last edited: