First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Look as someone who has actually flipped a car that rolled 3x before coming to stop I can assure you that OP did not roll this bronco 5-6 times.

They just didn't.
Sponsored

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Sorry, I'm gonna be that guy. Take off those bumpers and see if you can sell them here on the forum. Just saying...they are no good for this Bronco any longer.
You want that DV8 or after market POS that is tore apart like a tuna can? No thanks.

Jdmandtacos

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am actually quite impressed, considering it even rolled over once. Glad everyone is okay.

John Bronco_ I am here

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnbronco.com
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '08 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If we can all learn something from this.......don't post your woes on the internets.

Sponsored

ohp138

Outer Banks
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Chevrolet Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I see No way that rolled 5-6 full times
The speed to roll it 5-6 times and not hit the roof would be catastrophic to the panels on landing and the roof wouldn’t be in that good of shape hitting 5-6 times

It flexes enough removing with a hoist
Totally agree. Rolling a vehicle 5 or 6 times requires an incredible amount of energy (high speed) or a good degree of slope.

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Lux Badlands with hardtop and Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Totally agree. Rolling a vehicle 5 or 6 times requires an incredible amount of energy (high speed) or a good degree of slope.
Precisely. An embankment can explain much here.
Also, once the adrenalin hits the central nervous system, perceptions are altered, and a roll of two times could be "experienced" and (mis)remembered as five or six.
That said, the damage to the wheels and undercarriage indicate a lot of force. Absent other info, an hypothesis: the OP hit curbing at high speed, the car went down an embankment and rolled a couple of times, but felt like "five or six." That still says a lot of the Bronco's engineering.

BigOleBuck

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cyber Orange 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
To me it looks like it might have 'Spun' 5 or 6 times hitting things along the way. Don't see anything that indicates a 'Roll'.
Lmao who are you people? Are you kidding? Look at the roof panels with major scuffs, missing rear windows, damage/ separation between the front roof panels and rear. Why do people come on this forum to put people down? Not to mention pretending to be forensic scientists/ detectives. You sound like an idiot man

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The side curtain airbags were a big selling point for me versus the wrangler considering I have two little ones in the back.

Sponsored

BigOleBuck

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cyber Orange 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Wct
😂😂😂😂😂

Which scuffs bore the weight of the vehicle
What’s the velocity it has to be traveling to roll 5 times? 6?

What’s the moment arm length

Enlighten me

I’m always willing to learn

My two door top flexes more putting it on and off than that

But I’ll listen
Actually, there is no moment arm involved here. The roof is mounted directly on the body/ roll cage of the vehicle. Rolling roof impact would be pretty much pure compression, with load being transferred straight through the body. There is a chance it could be ripped off during a roll if the bronco hit a rock or something at a high point in the middle of the two front panels, but it makes plenty of physical sense for the roof to still be on. There, you’ve been educated. Why don’t you go find better things to do with your time homie? or at least know what youre talking about before you come and rip people on the forums.

projectbadlands

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hilarious that people want to fight over the "5 or 6 times" but clearly see damage of a roll. Stories are exaggerated all the time to enhance what was felt during the impact. Reading this story, the message that I received was that the vehicle rolled and was damaged.

Chaos

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'll be that person and let everyone know I fully rolled a car into a ditch doing about 15 miles per hour and it did a full flip and a half, not in the air, but slow like a turtle. (black ice is a bitch.) It came out looking like almost nothing happened outside of a handful of dents and scrapes, but there was a ton of frame damage and everything fit like it was twisted, almost like how you'd ring out a rag.

It is entirely possible this truck flipped. I'm not highway safety or an insurance adjuster so it doesn't matter once or a dozen times for me, those roof scrapes aren't from UFOs. I hope the driver is safe and I hate that it took a real life example of a rollover to reassure me, but that is amazingly well protected on that driver side with the seat airbags, the curtain airbag, etc.

I hope you came out ok, at least as ok as you can be. Hop back in line and get a new one, that one seems to have treated you really well given the circumstances.
Yep, big difference in rolling on soft soil/grass versus a hard road and or a rocky off road hill. Did it roll over 5-6 times, well probably not. This road is a 25mph road, and it seems to be the location based on the debris stream and the people/law enforcement. It rolled over at least once, that is why the airbags and window are all shattered out not to mention the exterior scuff and the rear wheel jammed into the wheel well. Given the other damage it looks like there was a decent amount of energy being displaced, but for whatever reason the cab stayed more or less intact.