First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
So, we both love and enjoy our Bronco very much. But I drive a lot for my work commute- 80 miles round trip a day. I do drive the Bronco on an occasional Friday but due to the fuel consumption I leave it for the weekend adventures. I previously had a base VW Jetta as my daily driver and also a nice C6 Corvette as our "other" fun vehicle besides the Bronco. it got to be too many vehicles to store and I wanted a better and fun daily driver also with a manual transmission. (Since the Bronco is auto). So I picked up a new GTI Autobahn this past Saturday. Traded in the Jetta and C6 Corvette. Yes, we choose the Bronco over the C6 Corvette as our fun toy for the weekend! The GTI is so fun to drive- and every day. And it gets 35 MPG on regular 87 octane gas. The Bronco and GTI make a nice pair- both white to reflect the hot FL sun. Fun driving all week and jump in the Bronco on the weekend!
Sponsored

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So, we both love and enjoy our Bronco very much. But I drive a lot for my work commute- 80 miles round trip a day. I do drive the Bronco on an occasional Friday but due to the fuel consumption I leave it for the weekend adventures. I previously had a base VW Jetta as my daily driver and also a nice C6 Corvette as our "other" fun vehicle besides the Bronco. it got to be too many vehicles to store and I wanted a better and fun daily driver also with a manual transmission. (Since the Bronco is auto). So I picked up a new GTI Autobahn this past Saturday. Traded in the Jetta and C6 Corvette. Yes, we choose the Bronco over the C6 Corvette as our fun toy for the weekend! The GTI is so fun to drive- and every day. And it gets 35 MPG on regular 87 octane gas. The Bronco and GTI make a nice pair- both white to reflect the hot FL sun. Fun driving all week and jump in the Bronco on the weekend!
Very nice! But we need pictures or it didn't happen lol

I also sold my C6 Vette Z51 package for the bronco. Love the bronco wayyy more than the vette

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Iconic Silver 2dr Manual Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Nice! I definitely know where you're coming from. I used to have an hour drive to work. My blue Focus has 287k miles on it from my commute. Bought the RS a few years ago to have a fun car, and in case the blue one dies. Though they are all fun since they are all manual including the Bronco.

20230304_134548.jpg

OP
OP

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Nice! I definitely know where you're coming from. I used to have an hour drive to work. My blue Focus has 287k miles on it from my commute. Bought the RS a few years ago to have a fun car, and in case the blue one dies. Though they are all fun since they are all manual including the Bronco.

Ford Bronco I got a GTI to go with my Bronco 20230304_134548
Now that looks like a fun combo of vehicles!

Sponsored
OP
OP

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Very nice! But we need pictures or it didn't happen lol

I also sold my C6 Vette Z51 package for the bronco. Love the bronco wayyy more than the vette
I do miss the rawness of the Corvette. Mine was a convertible and it has the Z51 package too. Nothing like a 400 HP huge V8 in front rumbling and ready to take off like a rocket. I could not drive it much in the summer though with the heavy rains here. I thought I would have that Corvette forever....... until the Bronco came along, LOL.

Here it is.

New GTI 1.jpg

Direwild

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

lol i sold my GTI to get my Bronco

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I sold a low mileage GTI to buy my Bronco and boy do I regret not simply keeping it for longer drives and commuting.
I sold off my '18 SE right after I reserved my Bronco, almost 3 years later still no Bronco and no GTI. Wish I would have just held onto it for my son as I had to end buying him something anyways last year. Oh, well!

To the OP, yep, a GTI is about the perfect commuter, good gas mileage and handling, fast enough to zip around the city and on the highway but low-key enough to not draw too much attention.

N8Mash

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Tunes for MK8's are starting to come out, get you closer to that 400 hp of the Vette....

OP
OP

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I sold off my '18 SE right after I reserved my Bronco, almost 3 years later still no Bronco and no GTI. Wish I would have just held onto it for my son as I had to end buying him something anyways last year. Oh, well!

To the OP, yep, a GTI is about the perfect commuter, good gas mileage and handling, fast enough to zip around the city and on the highway but low-key enough to not draw too much attention.
Yes, totally agree on the GTI. Wow 3 years later and no Bronco? When did you reserve?

I reserved the morning after the reveal and had to wait almost 2 years for mine. I have had it a year now, love it, probably my favorite vehicle. GTI is just OK in comparison, LOL. Hope you can finally get your Bronco- it's worth the wait!

Sponsored
OP
OP

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Tunes for MK8's are starting to come out, get you closer to that 400 hp of the Vette....
Nice to know but I tend to keep stock. I really miss the Corvette now more than ever. The gas mileage in it on the highway is about the same as the GTI. GTI way better around town but the Corvette practically idles on the highway cruising at whatever speed you want.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Yes, totally agree on the GTI. Wow 3 years later and no Bronco? When did you reserve?

I reserved the morning after the reveal and had to wait almost 2 years for mine. I have had it a year now, love it, probably my favorite vehicle. GTI is just OK in comparison, LOL. Hope you can finally get your Bronco- it's worth the wait!
Same reservation time, early morning after. I was 99d for a long time waiting on the white top and had mod top on original BD order. Currently scheduled for an HE with May build date so I'm almost there!
Sponsored