Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F-150 3.5EB, 2021 2DR Base 2.7L Auto
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Got 650 miles on mine it is just perfect. Only mod. was Nexen 285-75-R16 Radain At , 33" tires on stock steel rims.
Can you upload a picture?
Sponsored

Sponsored

Ashventure

Base
First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’ve had my 2dr base for about two months now and Im utterly obsessed. I came from a 2009 Camry so all the features in the base Bronco were plenty for me. It felt so advanced because of the huge lack of features I had in the camry. So for me it worked out just perfect. And the 8” screen is plenty large. It would’ve been nice to have the nav feature with the larger screen but with Google maps and onX i think I’m doin alright lol

Sponsored

rhymeswithbronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Stewart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 F-100
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
No, this isn't to dunk on the base 2.3, because I think that it's an amazing value now (especially in a 2 door base 2.3 with sasquatch - manual or auto).

It isn't the same level of nice as the higher trim models (especially OBX and above) with the high and lux packages. It's not even close in some ways. You might enjoy the 8" screen, unless you have lived with the 12" screen. You will feel like the 2.3 has plenty of power, unless you have spent a bunch of time with the 2.7 engine. You might even not care about the other GOAT modes or Swaybar Disconnect in the Badlands. Those additional features are really very nice to have - overpriced, but certainly well executed (especially the adaptive cruise control).

The good news is that many of the shortcomings can be easily addressed like nicer interior materials - aftermarket, more GOAT modes - FORSCAN, power - aftermarket tunes, heated seats - aftermarket, bigger or additional displays - available. So, if you are willing to roll your own, ya... I can see where a 2.3 base sasquatch would be more than acceptable.
Funny you call them shortcomings, I see the lack of options as making the vehicle more reliable, less distracting to the driver, and overall more "nice". I subscribe to the KISS philosophy: Keep It Simple Stupid. How many threads on here are about people having problems with some esoteric gadget on their brand new Bronco?

If I had my druthers, I'd swap the screen with a 2-knob AM/FM/MP3 and only option cruise control and A/C. My wife's loaded Sorento was a great vehicle but exhausting to me simply because of the myriad of widgets that would flash and ding if you weren't constantly fiddling with them. Yuck.

Call me an old soul but my '66 F100 daily is downright therapeutic. No distractions, no goofy gadgets--just me, the road, and a beautiful V8 song in stereophonic sound. There's nothing like it.

Snydermann

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samurai, VW Thing, MINI, smart, Astro Van
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Funny you call them shortcomings, I see the lack of options as making the vehicle more reliable, less distracting to the driver, and overall more "nice". I subscribe to the KISS philosophy: Keep It Simple Stupid. How many threads on here are about people having problems with some esoteric gadget on their brand new Bronco?

If I had my druthers, I'd swap the screen with a 2-knob AM/FM/MP3 and only option cruise control and A/C. My wife's loaded Sorento was a great vehicle but exhausting to me simply because of the myriad of widgets that would flash and ding if you weren't constantly fiddling with them. Yuck.

Call me an old soul but my '66 F100 daily is downright therapeutic. No distractions, no goofy gadgets--just me, the road, and a beautiful V8 song in stereophonic sound. There's nothing like it.
Agree.

They need a Base Base Bronco. One color, crank windows, no AC, infotainment delete, rear seat delete, no cruise or other electronic BS, hell . . . take the damn airbags and ABS out of it (yeah, I know they can't). Just like my Suzuki Samurai. I wonder what the Base Base price would be?

My wife has a MINI with every option. The damn thing can parallel park itself. I hardly use any of that crap.

Rusty Sheckelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The fanciest feature on any of my cars is probably the compass or thermometer. I am so stuck in the past feature wise it's not even funny! I will say that the power seats on my Mustang are more annoying than useful, but i digress....

I could be really happy with a base Bronco or a basesquactch.... but those lux models with off-road cameras and heated steering wheels are very tempting too!

Wish you could just pick and choose what options you want, because there is a lot of tech i could live without, and only a couple features in the higher packages that really appeal to me.... but boy do they.

shahram72

Base
First Name
Shahram
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang and 2007 FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not to dunk on the base....but I'm going to dunk on the base. LOL

Is it a feature or a flaw? For many, less is more, and the "features" are clutter and not shortcomings. For others, they needs the stuff.

The base is more than a great value, it is a great vehicle.
Every car I have ever bought new was a base... This looks fine to me... I like simple. I just wish it has touch sensitive handles... KEy fobs.... How quaint.