First Name
Rene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hello all, I placed my reservation on 8/21/21, which I know is super late to the game. I wasn’t sure if I wanted to get rid of my sports car and Jeep and get the bronco, but I did! I got my order confirmation email on 8/27/21 after ordering with my local dealer, capital ford of wilmington (NC).

I ordered a 4 door Badlands with sasquatch, lux package, tow package, 2.7L, MGV seats, and a soft top. Area 51 in case you were wondering ;)

Anyways, I’ve been seeing a lot of soft tops being reserved pretty recently and getting build dates pretty soon after and I had some hope that I may still get it this year. But according to my dealer, that is far from the truth.

This is what he said:
“Based on when you put your reservation and order in, it will be a 2022.

We have 3x as many orders as we do allocations for 2021 models.”

What is your guys’ take on this? Should I have picked a different dealer? I feel locked in due to them taking a $900 non-refundable deposit. Is there any way to get it quicker without paying dealer markups? I’m lost. I now have no idea when i’ll be getting my bronco, again :(
Sponsored

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hello all, I placed my reservation on 8/21/21, which I know is super late to the game. I wasn’t sure if I wanted to get rid of my sports car and Jeep and get the bronco, but I did! I got my order confirmation email on 8/27/21 after ordering with my local dealer, capital ford of wilmington (NC).

I ordered a 4 door Badlands with sasquatch, lux package, tow package, 2.7L, MGV seats, and a soft top. Area 51 in case you were wondering ;)

Anyways, I’ve been seeing a lot of soft tops being reserved pretty recently and getting build dates pretty soon after and I had some hope that I may still get it this year. But according to my dealer, that is far from the truth.

This is what he said:

What is your guys’ take on this? Should I have picked a different dealer? I feel locked in due to them taking a $900 non-refundable deposit. Is there any way to get it quicker without paying dealer markups? I’m lost. I now have no idea when i’ll be getting my bronco, again :(
The Dealer is correct.
This late to the party, there is no way you would get a '21 built and to you.
If you need one right now, best bet is to shop around for one at a dealer and hope you can find one at sticker.
Otherwise, wait it out and get a '22.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

This is what he said:

What is your guys’ take on this?
Did you order a soft top, or have you switched to it?

Theoretically you would be a 2022, BUT with a soft top you could get picked up as they fill out 2021.

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The cheat code to getting a bronco quickly is build one the way no one wants them. BB 2.3 auto 4dr soft top std package no tow.

Sure you get a bronco quickly... but there's a reason no one wants em that way. BB no mid no tow is just a base with a leather steering wheel for 3.5 grand more, and as far as I'm concerned if you're getting an auto you should be getting a 2.7.

Wait and get the Bronco you really want. Not the crappy one you can get your hands on now.

OP
OP
renejunior1

renejunior1

Badlands
First Name
Rene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did you order a soft top, or have you switched to it?

Theoretically you would be a 2022, BUT with a soft top you could get picked up as they fill out 2021.
I ordered with a soft top! I’m just confused about the allocations

Sponsored

Dmass76

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 z71 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

This is what he said:

My guess would be that it will be a while. I reserved on the 7/15/20 and I finally ordered 4/15/21. Since I never got a build date before this hardtop issue, I received an email stating I will have to order all over again. I will be getting a 2022 now. Good luck.

Seatmandan

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, '11 Ford Edge, '10 Ford Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

This is what he said:

after Ford moved all September builds of people who switched to soft tops with RESERVATIONS FROM LAST YEAR, JULY 13/14th to October/November, it has completely ruined your aspirations of "sneaking in" this year in front of all those people.. Nice try. I hope you can wait a few years.

Mr_Scoutmaster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands / '22 BMW X5 45e M Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With that build you'll be lucky to get a Q4 '22 bronco. The way she goes.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Depends on the dealer. If they have more First Editions and four door soft tops ordered than their allocation, you’re likely a 22. If they don’t have enough FEs and soft tops to fill their allocation, you could be a 21.

Don’t expect any knowledge or truth.

I would ask to see a DORA form and confirm you are priority code 10-19. (Not 99).

OP
OP
renejunior1

renejunior1

Badlands
First Name
Rene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Depends on the dealer. If they have more First Editions and four door soft tops ordered than their allocation, you’re likely a 22. If they don’t have enough FEs and soft tops to fill their allocation, you could be a 21.

Don’t expect any knowledge or truth.

I would ask to see a DORA form and confirm you are priority code 10-19. (Not 99).
I’m a priority code 19. What does that mean?

Sponsored

LSU Jonno

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is what he said:

Dealer allocation is the biggest factor in your wait time. For the record, you can see by my sig that we have the EXACT same build. I reserved day 2, and still don't have a VIN.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I’m a priority code 19. What does that mean?
Priority 19 means you have an active unscheduled order for 2021, and since you are soft top, you may get selected for scheduling and squeak in to 2021.

Good luck.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Dealer allocation is the biggest factor in your wait time. For the record, you can see by my sig that we have the EXACT same build. I reserved day 2, and still don't have a VIN.
This is correct. Dealer allocation is relative. If he has 100 allocations and 100 hard tops, your 101 place in line softie theoretically jumps them. Might be too late for a MY21, but you can be in line for an early MY22.
By the way for the OP, all dealers essentially have 2/3 more reservations - that was the formula that Ford used. Not sure you need to move, but definitely no harm in shopping around and asking questions.

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The dealer only gets so many broncos to order per year. If they have more ‘buildable’ orders than they have allocations, you’re going to wait. As other posters have said. BB, 2.3, soft top, no towing, no other options COULD get picked up and built. But there is a price to pay….it’s a bronco no one else really wants.
Sponsored

Last edited: