Sponsored

I have a VIN but no schedule info, what sort of limbo is this?

ukko

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition, C-Max,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looking back through the forum it seems like the normal path is getting a scheduling email and then being issued a VIN. Well, I got my VIN but not much else and I wonder what that means. I only ordered in January and assumed that my build date was going to be late fall so it should be easy to make a change. Well my dealer said that we could not make the change because I was already scheduled and lo and behold I have a VIN. But they could not give me any dates?

I have only ever received the initial YOUR ORDER HAS BEEN CONFIRMED email. But the text on the vehicle tracking page implies the scheduling happens before VIN generation. So should I start getting excited? Is this just how normal orders get locked down and I should still plan on christmas?
Sponsored

frankk

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lotus Elise
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
About a month before your build week you'll get an email and the trackers will kick in for you. If your build week keeps moving and you don't reach the point where you're a month away, you'll stay in the limbo stage you're in. BTW - I'm there too so you're not alone.

People with January build dates are seeing May delivery estimates so, if you already have a VIN, you'll hopefully get your rig sooner then December. Hopefully.

Last edited:

Easy-v

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Call your dealer and ask if you have a build date

Shane78

Big Bend
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If you have a VIN, that means you have a build date. Itā€™s not one or the other..your dealer can view the build date in their visibility report on WBDO. If you get a bozo at the dealer that says they donā€™t know the build date, find someone else that knows more lol.

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Do you know your order code? I think this is a 4 digit number assigned by your dealer and can be found on your original order summary. With that order number and vin, you might be able to see the tracker which might have a build week on it

https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking

Sponsored

805BaseSquatch

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Chevy Bolt
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

In the same boat also. My dealer gave me the vin, and a build week. Iā€™m thinking the week has probably changed, and the tracker online doesnā€™t show a build.
If you have your VIN and order number you can use this link: https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking#/

The link doesnā€™t show a build week for me at this time. So I think we are all in the limbo area that @frankk described.

OP
OP
ukko

ukko

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition, C-Max,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I do have the order number and the VIN and putting them into https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking#/ does give me the status page. With no build week information so @frankk is probably right and I am in the limbo stage.

It is good to know that there is about 2 months between build and delivery. I am thinning the automotive herd here at my house to make room for the bronco, so having some idea of timelines helps.

zyglyrox

Base
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 BaseSAS / ā€˜21 Bronco Sport BB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Iā€™m in the same boat as you apparently. Called my salesman to see about changing colors and he informed me of my date moving from March (wtf?) to April (double wtf?). No info from Ford other than my first confirmation email. I didnā€™t think to ask him about my VIN, so Iā€™m gonna give him a ring tomorrow and ask for that and the build week.

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
See my sig file and many others. Your ā€œscheduled production dateā€ is cast in Jello and can shift. Once you get your window stickerā€¦it is more certain but then your actual build date depends on whether MAP is staying on schedule. If the build weeks ahead of yours have delays, it will delay you as well.

Best of luck.
Sponsored