one800higgins

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I do not understand why Ford muddied the water of this roll out by introducing the Bronco Sport before the Bronco (or even at all).

I receive a lot of compliments driving this vehicle around, but I also receive just as much confusion. I’ve had people ask why my Bronco looks so different from others or asking what model it is because it’s so much bigger than the ones they’ve seen. I have to explain every time that this is the actual new Bronco, and the other one is just a reskinned SUV. Half the time that just introduces more questions.

Anyone else having the same experience?
Sponsored

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Honestly, no. Quite a few Bronco Sports, and a few 4doors, but no other 2dr Broncos that I have seen. People who I talk to get it, love the look, talk about how lucky I am to have gotten one, and how they can't wait to get one someday. I have had zero Sport confusion.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

People ask me about the sport, also. My mom has a sport and it's a great vehicle. Now I don't have to worry about her getting down my road on rainy days, or dry days when the sand is really deep. I do not downplay the sport because I've driven with my mom through some ample/deep sand, and it plowed right through.

I usually compare it to my 74 Bronco because it really favors the EB, especially when I'm driving and looking at the hood shape. Most people who stop me to talk about the Bronco already know about it. It's just friends who call it a Jeep, or know nothing about cars who ask about the sport.

OP
OP
one800higgins

one800higgins

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Honestly, no. Quite a few Bronco Sports, and a few 4doors, but no other 2dr Broncos that I have seen. People who I talk to get it, love the look, talk about how lucky I am to have gotten one, and how they can't wait to get one someday. I have had zero Sport confusion.
Odd. I recently moved to Cleveland and there’s Bronco Sports EVERYWHERE here. I think I’ve seen 2 real Broncos since moving.

Sponsored
OP
OP
one800higgins

one800higgins

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Where in NC did you move from?
Charlotte. Down there the Bronco Sport was definitely dominant, but it was a rare sight to see too.

I only ever saw 4 actual Broncos while I lived down there (moved around a month ago), and that's including my dealer's mannequin, my dealer's personal model, and mine. The conversations I had down there were more along the lines of "I saw one of those Broncos the other day" and in the back of my mind I assumed it was a Bronco Sport.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Charlotte. Down there the Bronco Sport was definitely dominant, but it was a rare sight to see too.

I only ever saw 4 actual Broncos while I lived down there (moved around a month ago), and that's including my dealer's mannequin, my dealer's personal model, and mine.
I am in the Raliegh area, and I have seen the Sports for well over a year. Probably see one a day now. I seen a 4 door about once a week. And zero 2 doors, which is what mine is, and surprises me. The 2dr looks amazing in person, and most people have only seen 4door images, so the 2 dr is brand new to many of them.

ELKS1

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F150 1977 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

I only ever saw 4 actual Broncos while I lived down there (moved around a month ago), and that's including my dealer's mannequin, my dealer's personal model, and mine. The conversations I had down there were more along the lines of "I saw one of those Broncos the other day" and in the back of my mind I assumed it was a Bronco Sport.
Used to live in Morgantown NC for 10 years but now I’m back in Youngstown. There is a bunch of sports and big Broncos in my area.

MikeyFrog

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Used to live in Morgantown NC for 10 years but now I’m back in Youngstown. There is a bunch of sports and big Broncos in my area.
The YO!

Sponsored

MikeyFrog

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson Sportster
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I do not understand why Ford muddied the water of this roll out by introducing the Bronco Sport before the Bronco (or even at all).

I receive a lot of compliments driving this vehicle around, but I also receive just as much confusion. I’ve had people ask why my Bronco looks so different from others or asking what model it is because it’s so much bigger than the ones they’ve seen. I have to explain every time that this is the actual new Bronco, and the other one is just a reskinned SUV. Half the time that just introduces more questions.

Every. Single. Day.
  • What package is that?
  • It looks way bigger than the ones I've seen.
  • I actually like that one.
  • My ____ wanted one and I hate it, but yours is... Different?
I like the Sport for what it is. Hell, I'd even consider/recommend it to people. But yeah, I spend a lot of time trying to explain they're totally different vehicles.

Dave-O

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150/Mach-E
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

I’ve explained it to my father in law like 5 times. Still doesn’t get it. To be fair, he’s 73 years old but I’ve seen plenty of guys my own age who still think that even the “big” Bronco is an Escape.
Sponsored