MCG DAWG

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
All the time. EVERYONE thinks the sport is the new bronco except for the car aficionados and they are quite rare.
Sponsored

rhymeswithbronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Stewart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 F-100
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
When I placed my reservation in July 2021 and told my friends about it, they didn't understand my excitement and would tell me about how they just saw one on the highway or in a parking lot somewhere. At that time there were very few big Broncos in the area and local dealers didn't have them yet. So yeah, I had a lot of explaining to do. Now one of those friends, a die-hard GM guy, has an order in for a 2 door Black Diamond. 😁

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Having same issues. Also getting the same about the car I have on order, the Mach 1. people asking why I ordered that ugly CUV looking electric thing (Mach E)

ford's marketing department has gone off the deep end. their communications are subpar. At this point I am finding it ridiculous WANTING to spend 60k this year with them.

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had a guy with a MINT Excursion tell me "nice Jeep" because he genuinely thought it was a Jeep. I told him its a Bronco. He said "It is a lot nicer than the Broncos I've seen driving around."

Theowlhoothoot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model 3 Performance
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I do not understand why Ford muddied the water of this roll out by introducing the Bronco Sport before the Bronco (or even at all).

I receive a lot of compliments driving this vehicle around, but I also receive just as much confusion. I’ve had people ask why my Bronco looks so different from others or asking what model it is because it’s so much bigger than the ones they’ve seen. I have to explain every time that this is the actual new Bronco, and the other one is just a reskinned SUV. Half the time that just introduces more questions.

Anyone else having the same experience?
We had a bronco sport in the driveway and replaced it with the 4-door full sized in the same color. I don't think anyone has even noticed.

Sponsored

HorizonHunter

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Talking to a supervisor the other day about my order and he said "Have you actually sat in one? They're so small". I had to assume he meant the Sport, but didn't want to get in to the different models and just said I loved the interior.

HorizonHunter

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wonder what could be causing some confusion for the casual observer...

CYMERA_20211221_103056.jpg
That image makes them look way more similar than I ever gave them credit for.

chrisirmo

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Telluride
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I couldn't understand it at first either. It seemed like such a terrible move from a Marketing perspective to roll out the Sport first with the same name and similar enough looks to cause confusion.

Then my wife reminded me that Ford is set with a few hundred thousand reservations to get them started. They don't need to worry about the initial confusion, because once they're ready to really move on to the stock orders there will be enough true Broncos on the road that people will understand the difference.

jsully10

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fusion SE
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

earlier this year before bronco production started, I def got a lot of "Oh I saw a bronco!" bc ppl knew I am getting one, but I had to explain the whole sport vs actual bronco a ton, super frustrating.

Tortuga353

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep, Ford custom built Bronco.

DC80E3BE-0726-4BBF-9E9C-4FAB84BCB46F.gif

Sponsored

BroncoGoBrrr

Outer Banks
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Audi A4 Quattro Sline
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Texas is incredibly Jeep saturated and this is by far the same experience I’m having. No one here can fathom something being better than a Jeep

OP
OP
one800higgins

one800higgins

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Every. Single. Day.
  • What package is that?
  • It looks way bigger than the ones I've seen.
  • I actually like that one.
  • My ____ wanted one and I hate it, but yours is... Different?
I like the Sport for what it is. Hell, I'd even consider/recommend it to people. But yeah, I spend a lot of time trying to explain they're totally different vehicles.
That’s basically word for word the questions I have received on the regular too.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Even car people have it confused. A friend who is big into cars gave me a Haggerty’s magazine. Tells me there is an article about your Bronco in it. Heavy sigh, it’s a sport. Now, the Sport is fine, I have one on order as well to replace my aging Escape. It’s just not a Bronco IMO. The 2 door is replacing the ‘95 Lightning. Now the 2 door is a Bronco.
Sponsored