Sponsored

I have some rethinking to do.. 2020 has changed things..

Slickrock

Wildtrak
First Name
Slick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline 06
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So I currently drive a 2006 Honda Ridgeline. It's been solid, but Honda gutted it in the redesign, and I'm not a fan of the Passport.

I've been looking for a new vehicle for a while, and I was really interested in the Bronco Sport, and still might be, but, part of my rationale was that, at least up until March, I needed something that was comfortable, and much better on gas, in the daily commute here in SoCal. (Any SoCa folks.. I drove the 405 every day.. the pain...).

However, I'm now in WFH through at least the end of the year, and trying to swing it to be semi-permanent, if not complete full-time WFH (only time before I was really needed in the office was meetings, and well.. those are all virtual now..), so the gas mileage isn't the issue it was, so I can certainly expand the scope of what vehicles I was looking at.

I'm really eager to get a good look at both Broncos.. might be getting the big boy instead.
Sponsored

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I currently drive a 2006 Honda Ridgeline. It's been solid, but Honda gutted it in the redesign, and I'm not a fan of the Passport.

I've been looking for a new vehicle for a while, and I was really interested in the Bronco Sport, and still might be, but, part of my rationale was that, at least up until March, I needed something that was comfortable, and much better on gas, in the daily commute here in SoCal. (Any SoCa folks.. I drove the 405 every day.. the pain...).

However, I'm now in WFH through at least the end of the year, and trying to swing it to be semi-permanent, if not complete full-time WFH (only time before I was really needed in the office was meetings, and well.. those are all virtual now..), so the gas mileage isn't the issue it was, so I can certainly expand the scope of what vehicles I was looking at.

I'm really eager to get a good look at both Broncos.. might be getting the big boy instead.
SoCal here but thank God I don’t have to deal with the 405 lol.

awesome for you! The bronco sport will be out sooner, but if your ridgeline holds up longer you can get the big boy ?

Last edited:

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Ex-SoCal here, I'll see your pain and raise you, Inland Empire to Orange County, 1 - 2 hours going in the moring, 2-3 hours home in the afternoon. Retired in 2017 and fled the state within two weeks and don't want to ever go back.

OP
OP

Slickrock

Wildtrak
First Name
Slick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline 06
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ex-SoCal here, I'll see your pain and raise you, Inland Empire to Orange County, 1 - 2 hours going in the moring, 2-3 hours home in the afternoon. Retired in 2017 and fled the state within two weeks and don't want to ever go back.
Yeah, if the WFH remains that way, I may considering fleeing the state as well, perhaps to the Albq/Santa-Fe area. Which means the big boy might be the better choice.. :D

OP
OP

Slickrock

Wildtrak
First Name
Slick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline 06
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
SoCal here but thank God I don’t have to deal with the 405 lol.

awesome for you! The bronco sport will be our sooner, but if your ridgeline holds up longer you can’t get the big boy ?
Yeah, gonna try to hold out longer, now that I'm not dealing with the drive every day.. :cool:

Sponsored

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The 91 is a fantastic freeway ??

??

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That's just too funny. In my teens everyone want to go to cali. Now everyone wants out. ????

Sponsored

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Get the Bronco you want. The difference in annual cost of fuel for a truck doing 15,000 miles a year that gets 20 mpg vs one that gets 30mpg is only probably about $750. If you’re WFH or doing less miles, it will obviously be even less. For me, the extra cost of fuel is worth it.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Get the Bronco you want. The difference in annual cost of fuel for a truck doing 15,000 miles a year that gets 20 mpg vs one that gets 30mpg is only probably about $750. If you’re WFH or doing less miles, it will obviously be even less. For me, the extra cost of fuel is worth it.
Agreed. Especially when the Bronco will have a crap ton if features the sport won’t. The sport will be a cool car no doubt, but imagine taking your Bronco over to Malibu or Dana Point with the top and doors off... it’s no comparison!!

OP
OP

Slickrock

Wildtrak
First Name
Slick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline 06
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yeah, that's a good point, and it's what I was really looking at. The potential of full time WFH just really opens up those options.

OP
OP

Slickrock

Wildtrak
First Name
Slick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline 06
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Agreed. Especially when the Bronco will have a crap ton if features the sport won’t. The sport will be a cool car no doubt, but imagine taking your Bronco over to Malibu or Dana Point with the top and doors off... it’s no comparison!!
True. All the WFH just gives me the option to wait longer to see how both vehicles pan out. Patience will be key here.. :D
Sponsored