Sponsored

I have some rethinking to do.. 2020 has changed things..

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
True. All the WFH just gives me the option to wait longer to see how both vehicles pan out. Patience will be key here.. :D
Yessir!! It’s really awesome just to be in a position to afford either one of them tbh. Happy for you man! ??
Sponsored

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We have a 17 escape and the sport for the most part being what the sport is supposed to be based off. To me the benefits of the ranger based bronco is towing and larger interior outside of the obvious more capable off road. I think if you compare the escape mpg and the 2.3 ecoboost the mpg is close. The towing and larger chassis in the bronco IMHO makes it worth getting over the sport.

We rented a edge with a 2.0 ecoboost for a road trip to Keystone CO a few years ago. That 2.0 had 0 issues running up and down the mountains never once struggled. The 2.3 is a stroked 2.0 and I have 0 issues with even that as the base engine...sure 2.7 is bigger/better but no slouch..and toss a dealer tune on it and be around what the 2.7 has stock.

OP
OP

Slickrock

Wildtrak
First Name
Slick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline 06
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
We rented a edge with a 2.0 ecoboost for a road trip to Keystone CO a few years ago. That 2.0 had 0 issues running up and down the mountains never once struggled. The 2.3 is a stroked 2.0 and I have 0 issues with even that as the base engine...sure 2.7 is bigger/better but no slouch..and toss a dealer tune on it and be around what the 2.7 has stock.
Yeah, I do want power for hills and such. I don't need fabulous gas mileage, at least with the new situation, but I do need an improvement over the Ridgeline. (The Ridgeline has an annoying thing in stop and go traffic where it does AWD and then switches on each start after you get going, which eats gas a lot in stop-and-go).