Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GLI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went into my local dealer on January 4th 2022, put down a $500 deposit and I ordered a Badlands Lux 4d 7SP MT. Over the next month I reached out to my sales rep to change a few minor things on my order he was so unhelpful and gave me a ton of wrong information.

Buying this Bronco is a big deal and I didn't have confidence in my representative so I went to another dealer in town. I put down another $500 and ordered the exact same Bronco on February 3rd, 2022.

I now have the second Bronco (ordered in Feb) on a train, on its way to me and I just received an email saying the original Bronco has been built and is awaiting shipment.

The easiest thing to do is to ask for my $500 deposit back from the first dealership. I'm assuming they will give it to me because they will be putting a $10k ADM on this Bronco.

Is it worth trying to buy both and flip one? I feel like it's a lot of trouble and 7SP MT is less desirable.

I figured it was worth asking. Thanks for any feedback.
Sponsored

RACERED-WT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Series
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If your getting both at msrp, and can afford getting both.. then yes, you should def sell the other yourself.. I've heard people getting offered 20k over for there Bronco.. depends on build, but I'd say a BL 7sp someone def buy it..

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I went into my local dealer on January 4th 2022, put down a $500 deposit and I ordered a Badlands Lux 4d 7SP MT. Over the next month I reached out to my sales rep to change a few minor things on my order he was so unhelpful and gave me a ton of wrong information.

Buying this Bronco is a big deal and I didn't have confidence in my representative so I went to another dealer in town. I put down another $500 and ordered the exact same Bronco on February 3rd, 2022.

I now have the second Bronco (ordered in Feb) on a train, on its way to me and I just received an email saying the original Bronco has been built and is awaiting shipment.

The easiest thing to do is to ask for my $500 deposit back from the first dealership. I'm assuming they will give it to me because they will be putting a $10k ADM on this Bronco.

Is it worth trying to buy both and flip one? I feel like it's a lot of trouble and 7SP MT is less desirable.

Good luck getting the $500 back.

Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You can always see what the car buying services are offering but I wouldn't risk a flip on a manual. Much smaller market.

OP
OP
FastFastFast

FastFastFast

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GLI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You can always see what the car buying services are offering but I wouldn't risk a flip on a manual. Much smaller market.
I was thinking the same thing. It seems like a big risk for maybe a $5k profit.

Ideally, I find someone local that wants it and they will give me cash to buy it and throw me a few grand for the trouble.

spedfrek

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Passat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What’s the full spec?

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You don't have to wonder. Just run the VIN through Carvana and see what they offer you. I got several quotes over a couple months and sometimes the price was good for 3 weeks or so. No guarantees if it takes 1-2 months to get here but you'd have a good ballpark estimate.

Sponsored
OP
OP
FastFastFast

FastFastFast

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GLI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Buy one and trade it in on the other. You’ll get the sales tax break on the trade in and you can use the ford points from the first sale to buy the second.
Now that is smart thinking. I'm planning on financing and I'm thinking this plan would only work when paying cash. Am i wrong?

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Now that is smart thinking. I'm planning on financing and I'm thinking this plan would only work when paying cash. Am i wrong?
All you need if you finance the first one is a 10 day payoff and where the 2nd dealer can send the money.

OP
OP
FastFastFast

FastFastFast

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GLI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You don't have to wonder. Just run the VIN through Carvana and see what they offer you. I got several quotes over a couple months and sometimes the price was good for 3 weeks or so. No guarantees if it takes 1-2 months to get here but you'd have a good ballpark estimate.
I just tried that and it said they cant give me a quote until I speak to an appraisal expert.

OP
OP
FastFastFast

FastFastFast

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GLI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All you need if you finance the first one is a 10 day payoff and where the 2nd dealer can send the money.
Thanks for your input on this.

So If I finance the first Bronco, then sell it (trade in) to the second dealership, I pay off the initial loan, and then I would take out a new loan. Can I take out two car loans in one month? I have good credit and it seems like it would take a big hit.

If this went according to plan I would get the ford points from both purchases and I would hope that the second dealership would give me above MSRP on the trade. Right?

Again, this is new territory and very interesting.
Sponsored