Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Lux Badlands with hardtop and Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You say that, but I posted a 14 year old JKUR w/ 166k miles for sale at 5500 over KBB. Radio silence for three days, and then two “please don’t sell it” manual only committed buyers at once / gone to the first one with cash in hand.

A manual is rare, and a manual buyer is a different kind of buyer.
Where did you post? I have a Badlands/4DR/HT/High coming in soon and need to start advertising. (Because of the backlog mess, I bought a cancellation from another dealer.)
Sponsored

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I guarantee that if you offered that Bronco to someone on the forum for whatever your out there door price is, someone would buy it before you had to make the first payment.

Would cost you nothing and make a member on here extremely happy.
Well, let's put your prognosis to the test.
2022 Badlands/4DR/HT/High/Carbonized Gray/non-SAS. $75,000, just built and available late October in eastern Massachusetts. Seriously interested parties can message me.

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Well, let's put your prognosis to the test.
2022 Badlands/4DR/HT/High/Carbonized Gray/non-SAS. $75,000, just built and available late October in eastern Massachusetts. Seriously interested parties can message me.
That’s your out the door price? 2022 Raptors cost less at MSRP…..If you were really putting to rest what I wrote, your price would be more like $56k I think. Post your window sticker and County, additional fees from dealership. Then I think you would have someone buy your Bronco at no cost to you and helping a fellow 6G forum member.

Just saying 🤷‍♂️

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That’s your out the door price? 2022 Raptors cost less at MSRP…..If you were really putting to rest what I wrote, your price would be more like $56k I think. Post your window sticker and County, additional fees from dealership. Then I think you would have someone buy your Bronco at no cost to you and helping a fellow 6G forum member.

Just saying 🤷‍♂️
In my market area dealers are sticking $30K admin markup on Broncos in their possession. Offering it at cost to an impatient forum member is a sweet sentiment, but this is business. I have rental units, and I don't lower rents because applicants are, in some way, "deserving." I took an income hit during Covid; now the market is up, and so are my rents. What you're suggesting is "equity redistribution."

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

In my market area dealers are sticking $30K admin markup on Broncos in their possession. Offering it at cost to an impatient forum member is a sweet sentiment, but this is business. I have rental units, and I don't lower rents because applicants are, in some way, "deserving." I took an income hit during Covid; now the market is up, and so are my rents. What you're suggesting is "equity redistribution."
No, you said let’s put my prognosis to the test, however you are adjusting the parameters of my proposed idea. So this is in fact no longer a validation of what I suggested, but a completely new idea, which is backed in a personal gain instead of paying it forward to a member that may have ordered almost two years ago.

To call individuals here impatient is disappointing…..As I think most people here have been patient beyond what should be considered reasonable.

Good luck to you and may karma find you sooner than later 👍

Sponsored

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No, you said let’s put my prognosis to the test, however you are adjusting the parameters of my proposed idea. So this is in fact no longer a validation of what I suggested, but a completely new idea, which is backed in a personal gain instead of paying it forward to a member that may have ordered almost two years ago.

To call individuals here impatient is disappointing…..As I think most people here have been patient beyond what should be considered reasonable.

Good luck to you and may karma find you sooner than later 👍
Okay, I meet with your disapproval. I accept that. But for context and explanation: I ordered #1 last November on the full understanding that delivery was dicey. I turned 75 last May. Two days later dealer #2 contacts me about a cancellation on a Badlands that was (1) Sas and (2) Lux--more than my original order. At my stage of life, I can and do indulge myself, and I paid major dealer markup. Was that "fair?" Well, no...and yes.
Granted, I "bought into" a corrupt system, so it goes. But the market operates on persons' perceived self-interest, and if somebody else wants to pay my markup, as opposed to a dealer's larger markup, then that's the market, and karma has nothing to do with. Each individual with an unfilled order is free to wait according to the vagaries of Ford's production line, or jump line.

I was once treated to premium tickets at an amusement park, which moved us immediately to the next car or ride. (Nothing I'd do, myself.) It cost my host plenty! Was that fair to the people waiting 30-100 minutes for a 2.5 minute thrill ride? Probably not. But I took advantage of the privilege.

For what it's worth, I'm no mallcrawler, and my Badlands Sas takes me to some wondrously remote and difficult areas I have dreamed of visiting for several, several decades.

And may your every ride in that handsome blue Base be an adventure, and a blessing.

OP
OP
FastFastFast

FastFastFast

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GLI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just saying 🤷‍♂️
I offered one of the Broncos to Bronco6g members for Sticker Price of $56k. I had price protection so I would have made $2k which would have paid for my new tires. I think that is a fair trade.

The problem is that anyone who wants to buy my Bronco would have to meet me at the dealership with $56k in cash. That's where things get a little tricky.

Asking $75k in this market is just greedy.

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1) I had price protection so I would have made $2k which would have paid for my new tires.

2)That's where things get a little tricky.

3)Asking $75k in this market is just greedy.
1) My goal is to pay for the add-ons to the one I bought. At my age, I want absolute top-of-the-line complete accessories for the remote areas I long for: the best tires, trail lights, roof-rack, and on-board compressor.
2) Yes, indeed. As people chastise me for reaching for a high price, remember that I undertake a certain amount of risk myself: there are sophisticated and unscrupulous people out there, too. I may have to take on short-term, but expensive, debt to hold it for a while, and pay sales tax--which my buyer would have to pay, also. More than "a little tricky."
3) Not in my market, which I follow closely. Dealer markup is $20K to $30K. I'm at 1/2 to 2/3 that. Near my zip code Badlands non-SAS with mileage go for $67-77K. Mine is cherry.

Owning a premium vehicle is expensive, relative to other factors, e.g. geography, availability, etc. Simple as that

Edit: PS- my mid-70s is asking price. Whether I get it remains to be seen. This is a "market" commodity," and as my criminal law instructor once said, "Change the facts, and I'll change my answer."

Edit#2: PPS Note that I agreed with FastFastFast about the desire to equipping my Badlands Sasquatch "to the hilt," as at my age I want a rig well equipped with safety and comfort features. If somebody could put on a good roofrack, overhead trail lights, quality ditch lights and a good on-board compressor...we could talk!

Last edited:

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Where did you post? I have a Badlands/4DR/HT/High coming in soon and need to start advertising. (Because of the backlog mess, I bought a cancellation from another dealer.)
Face book Marketplace sold it.
No hits on Craigslist.
Autotrader only netted me 8 scam artists. I asked for and got my ad moneyback.

The other problem with Autotrader is it shows your bluebook estimate, which for modified Jeeps is low.

If you are selling a manual, you have to be patient, and don’t panic / lower your price. No one contacted me for days. Then two manual buyers.

It took a week. I was without a vehicle for three weeks after.

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Manuals are in an odd spot. Much higher resale, but much smaller market. The guys in the market for a stick shift simply won't consider an auto. So sticks and autos compete for separate buyers.

Mustang GTs, Wranglers with a stick always command more money on the used market on a private sale, but dealers will stab you extra.
You're right, I bought my Mazda3 at the beginning of the use car market going crazy and barely got what I got for a great price. I'm think I got that great price because of an aftermarket audio system that made all of the steering wheel buttons inoperable. But it's an auto and a couple of months later I was so fed up with the tranny, I ordered the Bronco for the Manual, it was as much a lifestyle reason too.

I could only find one Mazda3 with a manual a 2011, but it had over a 148,000 miles and was $2k more, same for any GTIs, Focus' and etc, the 2012 auto only had only 80,000 miles, so I bought it. I've learned to use the manual-matic, but it's just not the same. When rushing to get out of the "cluster fuck" of "people holding hands" while not being able to get out of their own way, the manual-matic works great, but I just miss my manuals.

I almost bought a manual eco-boost Mustang, but I just didn't see my self wanting to go camping, skiing and etc, in it.

Sponsored

Cyber2D

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda S2000
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I always chuckle at these posts. Same shit on the Maverick and Lightning fourms.

Nobody is going to give away $15k+ because iTs fAiR. Some of y'all live in La la land.

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You're right, I bought my Mazda3 at the beginning of the use car market going crazy and barely got what I got for a great price. I'm think I got that great price because of an aftermarket audio system that made all of the steering wheel buttons inoperable. But it's an auto and a couple of months later I was so fed up with the tranny, I ordered the Bronco for the Manual, it was as much a lifestyle reason too.

I could only find one Mazda3 with a manual a 2011, but it had over a 148,000 miles and was $2k more, same for any GTIs, Focus' and etc, the 2012 auto only had only 80,000 miles, so I bought it. I've learned to use the manual-matic, but it's just not the same. When rushing to get out of the "cluster fuck" of "people holding hands" while not being able to get out of their own way, the manual-matic works great, but I just miss my manuals.

I almost bought a manual eco-boost Mustang, but I just didn't see my self wanting to go camping, skiing and etc, in it.
About 2-3 years ago, my daughter lost her beloved Mazda3 by getting T-boned, and went shopping for a replacement in Santa Maria, CA. She saw a Subaru CrossTrek discounted $8000 off KBB. "Why so cheap?" she asked.
"It's a manual," said the salespersonman.* (This is California, after all.)
She snapped it up. I didn't know it, but her USMC brother taught her to drive manual. She's absolutely delighted with the CrossTrek, and I love borrowing it. It has a nice sporty feel. Her accident was a bummer, but 1) she wasn't hurt, needing only an ER check. 2) She's safer from carjacking in a manual (we live in a very "Blue" city), and 3) she got her California-car replacement at a great price, right before the economic onslaught of 2020.
"Responsible fathers teach their kids to drive stick."

* Note how "inclusive" my terminology is? I'm so woke! (/s)

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I could drive a manual Cross Trek, but I would never own a CVT one.
Sponsored