First Name
Jessica Justice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco / 2005 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Trading in Bronco1 for Bronco2 may work. But it might not. That dealer knows they can sell your new Bronco for more than your used Bronco, so they are incentivized to lowball you and try to get you to keep your used Bronco so they can keep the new one.

If the trade-in doesn’t work out I’d call other dealers in the area and I’m sure one of them will buy Bronco1 for over MSRP. Then you can go buy the 2nd one without having 2 loans at the same time.
Sponsored

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Lux Badlands with hardtop and Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a similar situation. After putting a deposit on a BL/4DR/HT/Mid package (Cactus Gray), I snapped up a cancellation at another dealer. Now my original order has a September build date!

So I'll be looking to flip the on-order one for at least a few thousand. One thing I'm concerned about is: paying sales tax twice. If I take ownership of the on-order, I'll have to pay state sales tax, then the new owner will have to pay sales tax again when he registers it! Hopefully, my on-order dealer will allow me to transfer my "purchase rights" directly to another party.

Anybody in the northeast interested in a Cactus Gray non-SS Badlands hard-top, mid-package?

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I was thinking the same thing. It seems like a big risk for maybe a $5k profit.

Ideally, I find someone local that wants it and they will give me cash to buy it and throw me a few grand for the trouble.
What “trouble” did you have to deal with? So you got impatient, worried, whatever at your original dealer then ordered another now they both came in and your asking what you should do and are worried about your deposit? I wouldn’t refund you anything, you put down a deposit to order a truck, then want to back out of one possibly? You could also look at it this way you fucked someone else out of their bronco because they built your second unit over theirs. Bravo congrats. All these people that ordered multiple units are another reasons so many people aren’t getting their trucks built.

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I would love to let someone on the bronco forum buy one of these Broncos at sticker price. Plus maybe a set of 35" K02 tires for my troubles? I don't know if that would get me in trouble with the dealers so this is 100% hypothetical.
What trouble? Seriously was it hard to order two broncos knowing you only were going to keep one. Whew, that took a lot if work.

Sponsored

OCNORB1974

Wildtrak
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I went into my local dealer on January 4th 2022, put down a $500 deposit and I ordered a Badlands Lux 4d 7SP MT. Over the next month I reached out to my sales rep to change a few minor things on my order he was so unhelpful and gave me a ton of wrong information.

Buying this Bronco is a big deal and I didn't have confidence in my representative so I went to another dealer in town. I put down another $500 and ordered the exact same Bronco on February 3rd, 2022.

I now have the second Bronco (ordered in Feb) on a train, on its way to me and I just received an email saying the original Bronco has been built and is awaiting shipment.

The easiest thing to do is to ask for my $500 deposit back from the first dealership. I'm assuming they will give it to me because they will be putting a $10k ADM on this Bronco.

Is it worth trying to buy both and flip one? I feel like it's a lot of trouble and 7SP MT is less desirable.

I figured it was worth asking. Thanks for any feedback.
You’re no better than the dealers that ask admin over MSRP. I don’t know why you would even make this post as surely you knew it would piss people off still waiting on theirs. I think we should start a new thread for those like you slowing the process down with multiple orders.

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Except for outside intrusion (e.g. government or corporate price-fixing), the market determines the price of things. At least, it should. A 4-bedroom house "now" will cost differently than a similar 4-bedroom "then," as supply or demand vary.
Right now there is a shortage of Broncos facing high demand. It would be nice if every Bronco could be matched to a true Bronco enthusiast, but unfortunately, a lot of affluent mall-crawlers will snap them up.* We see that with dealers who stick ugly surgcharges on MSRP. Confession: I paid a fat one myself to get my current Badlands SAS, but I had the money (credit rating) and at my age (75) I didn't want to wait one to maybe three years for it.
FWIW, I've installed some serious trail accessories and have already made my first pilgrimage to Moab.
In conclusion: 1) The market rules, 2) money talks, and 3) life isn't fair.

*As I was leaving my dealer, a man drove up and asked if I wanted to sell my Badlands/SAS. He frankly told me, his son was starting college and he wanted some status wheels for him!

67BroncoG1

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2D Squatch, '67 Bronco, '24 Grenadier -ordered
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'll buy it and give my current one to my son.

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Gratz man! Post up some pics!

Sponsored

Cooldude

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes e400 cab, edge titanium, ford f150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I don’t think you did anything wrong here. Do whats best for you.

Last edited:

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Gratz man! Post up some pics!
Build date is September 18. Dealer says late October, early November is a reasonable delivery time.
My Bronco (on order) is Cactus Gray, non-SAS Badlands hardtop with High Option package, modular front bumper, no tow package. I'm monitoring cars.com and carfax.com
Broncos are out there, if you look for them.

Sweetair

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 SHO, 03 Marauder, '69 S Code XR7 vert Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have a similar situation. After putting a deposit on a BL/4DR/HT/Mid package (Cactus Gray), I snapped up a cancellation at another dealer. Now my original order has a September build date!

So I'll be looking to flip the on-order one for at least a few thousand. One thing I'm concerned about is: paying sales tax twice. If I take ownership of the on-order, I'll have to pay state sales tax, then the new owner will have to pay sales tax again when he registers it! Hopefully, my on-order dealer will allow me to transfer my "purchase rights" directly to another party.

Anybody in the northeast interested in a Cactus Gray non-SS Badlands hard-top, mid-package?
In this scenario you are only paying sales tax once, the second buyer is paying the sales tax for the second time, right?