First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Fast fast fast, might I ask which 2 dealers you ordered through? Assuming Treasure Valley…. Still waiting on mine but nothing yet.

thx
Sponsored

jleafgre

Big Bend
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I really don't see myself losing the $500. I think they would move it to parts if I told them the experience I have had with the rep I was working with.

When I originally ordered the Bronco from the first salesman, I asked him about the deposit and what would have to happen for me to lose it and he said "Don't worry, you won't lose this deposit."

That was the first red flag.
The dealer would gladly refund the $500 for inventory most likely. Mine said to place the order and if I change my mind once it came in they will refund me because they want the inventory.

If they add $10k then they kind of changed the game on you and should just to keep you happy.

defiant2

Badlands
First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2-door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm in a similar boat to you and also curious on answers. I ordered one in Aug of '20 that I just now received the "built" and "shipped" email(s) that will be here later this month. That one is a 2.7, A51, lux, 2-door bad-squatch with pretty much everything except for leather. Several months ago, I stumbled across a unit albeit with the smaller engine and unfortunately leather and no squatch... but, I like it a bunch and spent $$$ wrapping it (no redneck pinstriping for me!) as I didn't think my actual order would come for another year or more with all the constraints it has.

Advice needed: I would like this to go to an enthusiast or someone who wants it as much as I do/did and not just a flipper. Any advice on how to do this? The selling dealer has it in writing with me that it will go for MSRP as I ordered it and it's what we agreed to. Would I have to buy it (and pay the sales taxes) and then sell it to the next owner for the MSRP+tax amount I just paid? Then the subsequent purchaser would then have to pay taxes on top of that? If this is the only path, how do I connect with non-flippers?

My advisor there has been awesome, and I will reach out to him as well, but I wanted board insight first as the dealer-level policy has ADM as a starting point on non-ordered units you have to negotiate off. I understand this may be more than sticker if the double-taxation has to take effect, but hopefully much less than the ADM shops/auctions, but my goal remains to get this to a non-flipper if possible at as close to sticker as possible... hopefully to someone who's been waiting forever. If there's no easy way to do it, I'll abandon or trade my current one, but prefer one of these go to the fanatics not the folks who sought insta-fame or profit.

best,

Sponsored

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Lux Badlands with hardtop and Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm in a similar boat to you and also curious on answers....
First, a confession: I have a 2nd (an original order, actually) and plan to flip it to compensate for my above MSRP 2nd Bronco and serious off-road accessorizes. So shoot me.

Second: I admire your desire to do well by other Bronco enthusiasts. Now, what to do? My thoughts: If your original order is your true heart's desire, consider taking posession of that and then flipping your current (but lesser) Bronco at enough profit to compensate for what it will cost you to upgrade to your original, and preferred, truck.

As I stated to another poster on a related thread, you (and I!) are very fortunate to be confronted by these "problems."

HeHateMe

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Watching... 👀

slycat67

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'86 Westy
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I went into my local dealer on January 4th 2022, put down a $500 deposit and I ordered a Badlands Lux 4d 7SP MT. Over the next month I reached out to my sales rep to change a few minor things on my order he was so unhelpful and gave me a ton of wrong information.

Buying this Bronco is a big deal and I didn't have confidence in my representative so I went to another dealer in town. I put down another $500 and ordered the exact same Bronco on February 3rd, 2022.

I now have the second Bronco (ordered in Feb) on a train, on its way to me and I just received an email saying the original Bronco has been built and is awaiting shipment.

The easiest thing to do is to ask for my $500 deposit back from the first dealership. I'm assuming they will give it to me because they will be putting a $10k ADM on this Bronco.

Is it worth trying to buy both and flip one? I feel like it's a lot of trouble and 7SP MT is less desirable.

I figured it was worth asking. Thanks for any feedback.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ask the dealer to buy it out from you, tell them they can have it for 5k. zero work for you and money in your pocket. If they refuse, take delivery and sell on the market.
This seems like the best idea and would save the taxes someone would have to pay if they take delivery. If dealer gave you $5k, it would be like flipping it for $8-$10k.

Wonder if dealer would commonly buy customer Broncos.

Sponsored

Bronco21Maybe

Outer Banks
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150, 202X Bronco, if it's ever built
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Buy one and trade it in on the other. You’ll get the sales tax break on the trade in and you can use the ford points from the first sale to buy the second.
Not to mention, you might get a hair more than MSRP on the trade. This is a good route to explore.

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Lux Badlands with hardtop and Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm in a similar boat to you and also curious on answers. I ordered one in Aug of '20 that I just now received the "built" and "shipped" email(s) that will be here later this month. That one is a 2.7, A51, lux, 2-door bad-squatch with pretty much everything except for leather. Several months ago, I stumbled across a unit albeit with the smaller engine and unfortunately leather and no squatch... but, I like it a bunch and spent $$$ wrapping it...

Advice needed: I would like this to go to an enthusiast or someone who wants it as much as I do/did and not just a flipper. Any advice on how to do this? The selling dealer has it in writing with me that it will go for MSRP as I ordered it and it's what we agreed to.

best,
Idea: If your (1st Bronco dealer) will guarantee to sell it only, and only, to your designated buyer/recipient, bring that person to the closing with a banker's check payable to you for whatever you two agree is suitable markup (profit/"flip")--the money then goes into your pocket.
He and the dealer then close on their own financial arrangements.
Idea #2: Scan the threads for people who have at least a few posts demonstrating his fervent interest in acquiring a Bronco and message them with the details on this truck and your terms for their stepping in for the closing.

Get things in writing. Accept only cash or a banker's check (which you need to verify---these things can be faked). Much of it depends upon your deaer's willingness to commit (in writing!) to such an arrangement.

OP
OP
FastFastFast

FastFastFast

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GLI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So OP, what happened?
I went on Carvana and a few other sites and all of the offers I got were around MSRP so I wasn't going to try to buy one and then trade it in.

I expected the second Bronco (the one I ordered from the second dealership in February) to arrive first but I got a call out of the blue from the first dealership saying that that Bronco had arrived.

I reached out to the second dealership (the one that had treated me well) and explained what was going on and I assumed that they would tell me to buy the first Bronco so they could mark up the Bronco that they were getting. I was surprised when they told me that Ford would ding them if any Bronco wasn't purchased by the person who made the reservation.

So, I went down to the first dealership, told a manager what happened, they refunded my deposit and I walked away from a beautiful Bronco that was on the lot waiting for me.

Two days later I got a call from the second dealership saying that my other Bronco had arrived and I couldn't be happier.

Ford Bronco I Have Two Identical Broncos Arriving This Month 68661198069__A00A84EE-178E-4182-BE51-86DF8541B3B5.JPG

IMG_4021.JPG
Sponsored