BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Bronc-O I had actually floated the larger Bronco idea in another thread and called it the Bronco Excursion. As I was typing the post in this thread about not using legacy names, the XL hit me and I kinda like it. And Ford already uses XL to designate the long version of the Expedition
Sponsored

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You totally missing the point and I never said the sky was falling. I said I hope they price the packages so they are affordable.

Second I've already said jeep is overpriced. They can shove a $55k Rubicon right where the sun don't shine. I will never pay that for what it is.

3rd You mentioned the Badlands. I never said that was overpriced. Im talking about the packages. If the packages are expensive then what the Hell is the point of buying a Base and building it when it will come out to dam near the same price as the Badlands??? See what im saying.

The people who are going to get the Base want to get value save money and also be able to build it the way they like. They can't do that if the packages and accessories are overpriced.
No dog in this one and I am considering a base. But it’s affordable as a base to those who can’t afford more... If you add a bunch of equipment you should expect to be in the same price range as higher models

jdogi

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just brainstorming... and I don't know, I just might be onto something... or I may be totally off-base.

How about... once the pricing is out, if you don't like the prices... don't buy it. I know. I know. It's a little complicated.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford has been on a campaign for a few years to cut back on possible build combinations. It's too expensive and time consuming to build.

Sponsored

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I thought we'd already decided the Sasquatch package pricing was going to vary with trim level? As you move up the trim level ladder more and more of the Sasquatch package becomes standard equipment.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I sure hope not. Honestly I highly doubt that. I cant see it being that much.. Nobody would buy it. Except for rich people.
There's a fair amount of content in that package. I'm thinking just the shocks, wheels, tires would run $3k?

Txchewy

Base
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK
Your Bronco Model
Base
The Ford is listening refrain is getting very old for me. I would love to see some evidence that they are truly listening. The very least they could do is to explain to us why the sasquatch package is not available with the manual. I have heard tons of thoughts on this but nothing from Ford other than they are listening. The Ford engineers have done an amazing job here. From my experience with other fords it will be well built by the fine men and women on the assembly line. As far as I can tell the execs are doing everything they can to screw up this hard work. My dealer experiences have been terrible with Ford as well. I am so thankful to have found Granger Ford through this forum! I will gladly drive to deal with a dealer that understands the consumer. That leaves Ford HQ who is still "listening". I own a JK and almost bought a JL. Been waiting for the bronco (25 years from my last one) but will easily buy another wrangler is Ford execs dont get the wax out of their ears. Feel sorry for the good people building and designing these fine machines who have their pensions in the hands of these bozos at HQ.

bluesun68

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
raptor, velar, f-type
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If you buy the Wildtrack the Sasquatch package is free! I really hate how Ford priced the Raptor too high. Didn't sell any of those.

OP
OP
The Driving Viking

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
No dog in this one and I am considering a base. But it’s affordable as a base to those who can’t afford more... If you add a bunch of equipment you should expect to be in the same price range as higher models
Of course you should expect the price of the Base to increase the more you add. I'd be an idiot not to think that. But what im saying is if the Packages are too expensive and 1 Package like the Sasquatch for example sends you all the way up to near the price of the Badlands whats the point? You'll get more Value in just buying the Badlands.

The Badlands is still going to have more options built in like front stabilizer disconnect and upgraded interior. There would be no point in doing that with the Base.

And let's be honest the Base is not some amazing out of this world price on its own. The $1,500 destination fee kills that claim. Im not saying its horrible. I was impressed when I saw it was $28,500. But then when I learned about the destination fee I was just like ah ok figures its really $30k and then plus taxes for me its $32k.

Sponsored
OP
OP
The Driving Viking

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
There's a fair amount of content in that package. I'm thinking just the shocks, wheels, tires would run $3k?
They are supplying it from the factory so they can offer the items cheaper vs the normal prices you think of typically paying in the aftermarket.

Also I do not think it will be $3k. Probably closer to $5k. Id love to see it at $3500 which would be amazing. The sky would open up and Angels would sing i would be standing their naked feeling the warm glow, a white bird would land on my shoulder and whisper welcome home to Ford my son welcome home. ?

If its over $5k the ground will open up with fire and a leg will pop out and kick me in the nuts. A voice will say what were you expecting boy. ??

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Second I've already said jeep is overpriced. They can shove a $55k Rubicon right where the sun don't shine. I will never pay that for what it is.
Just checked jeeps website 2 door rubi is 38k and 4 door is 42k
Exactly!!!

Rubicon price shows starting at $42,440, when I go to build it, it shows $43,935, not sure why the change, maybe location. Nevertheless, it is not $55K, why do people keep repeating this number for the cost of a Rubicon?

Sure you can option up a Badlands and maybe hit $55K, but look at the starting price. Besides that, Jeep lets me select "Perforated" seats to help AVOID Swamp Rash, I'm hoping Ford is listening and will give us the option of "Perforated" seats on the Bronco.

OP
OP
The Driving Viking

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Exactly!!!

Rubicon price shows starting at $42,440, when I go to build it, it shows $43,935, not sure why the change, maybe location. Nevertheless, it is not $55K, why do people keep repeating this number for the cost of a Rubicon?

Sure you can option up a Badlands and maybe hit $55K, but look at the starting price. Besides that, Jeep lets me select "Perforated" seats to help AVOID Swamp Rash, I'm hoping Ford is listening and will give us the option of "Perforated" seats on the Bronco.
For the record I was not saying the Rubicon was $55k. I was quoting someone else that said it was and I was saying no way would I pay $55k for a Rubicon.

But with that said. Jeeps are over priced. I have never seen a Rubicon near $40k where I live.

OP
OP
The Driving Viking

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Here's a perfect example of people all over this Forum not willing to pay too much for the Packages. I can find countless posts like this.

Its literally the main deciding factor of which model they are even going to chose. My entire point with this thread is I really believe Ford needs to get this right.

Screenshot_20200809-084110_Samsung Internet.jpg

GMan

Outer Banks
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Cayenne Porsche
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford vs Jeep. Who will be king? Which will better? Who will be the leader in the offroad market?

In my opinion and from what ive been hearing from a lot of people the deciding factor will come down to the package pricing and accessories.

Will Ford make them affordable or nickle and dime us like Jeep? This will make a huge difference. If the Sasquatch package for example ends up being too expensive then whats the point? What have they really accomplished?

Sure the new design of the Bronco is a breath of fresh air and everyone loves new. But that only lasts so long and wears off.

The real test and longevity meter will be truly measured by what they offer from the factory and at what price?

Will the Sasquatch package be $3500 or too expensive and out of reach? Will all the other packages and accessories be affordable? Will they make front and rear Lockers available for all models including Base without Sasquatch? Will you be able to build the Bronco of your dreams and not be broke when its all said and done? If Ford can the Bronco will transcend the offroad vehicle market and reign Supreme over Jeep and the competition.

Also keep innovativing. You just woke a sleeping giant in Jeep and they will be coming hard. Stay on top of the game with new products and designs. Never stand still.

On top of making the Bronco affordable which is the single most important factor. They also would be smart to keep their foot on the gas in the Marketing department.

Like Dodge does with the Challenger commercials. Keep coming out with cool commercials of the Bronco throughout the years. Keep the excitement flowing. Keep the brand alive.

Everyone is anxiously waiting for the package pricing to be revealed. People including myself are on the edge of their seats waiting to see the prices. Waiting to see if they can afford them. Waiting to see if the Bronco of their dreams will become a reality. For a lot of people this is the deciding factor. Don't get it wrong Ford. You only have one shot to make an impression and become King. Take aim and take it!
And why Ford did not have a hybrid or diesel option is beyond me. Most will not take this beauty off-road (or at least not too much off road), so why not use tech they already have so that husbands can justify getting the off-road king versus a hybrid jeep or diesel. People like myself have made a reservation, but if a hybrid is in the works I might cancel my reserve (much to the happiness of those who are waiting for 2022). Though this will be our second vehicle for me I don't need it bc of covid allows me to telework and don't need another vehicle. I already have a substantial 4WD vehicle (Porsche Cayenne), but it's not a hybrid. Hybrids have the torque and fuel economy. Might wait and see if the economy crashes and pick one of the forthcoming hybrids up for a song. Hate the idea of waiting until 2023 but saving a ton of $$$ may be too much to resist.
Sponsored