Sponsored

I hope Ford is listening.

Xodric

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Manitoba, Canada ( Born/Raised in Kansas )
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco XLT, 1979 F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Your kidding right? The way its priced already they are making money on it. Not to mention a $1,500 destination fee.

Its great you have deep pockets and will pay whatever they charge. Most don't. The average Joe certainly won't.

The Base model is already $30k with destination. Add tax for me 6% thats $31,800. Great if you want to ride on 30 inch wheels and no lockers and add no accessories. Most don't. So whats the Sasquatch package going to be? Thats what 90% of us want when going with Base. If its $3,500 or less ill take it. That makes the price $35,300. That a great price and they will make money.

Now take that same Base and what if the Sasquatch package is $5,000 or $6,000k and they dont make it available for the Manual so you have to pay for the Automatic on top of it $1,500? You'll be talking close to $39,000 after taxes for a Base model. And thats not even adding things like steel bumper and other accessories.

Yeah. Um. No thanks.
You can always wait a few years and buy a used one and modify it to your liking.
Sponsored

irv0735

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mercedes Sprinter 4x4, 2021 Bronco Reserved
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nobody suggested they should. Many of us are going to spend $55k+ on the Bronco. That's hardly giving it away. But while Ford's design is exceptional, their engineering decisions such as those that I mentioned above are a big disappointment. If they do nickel and dime us to death with accessories they're going to leave a really bad taste for their customers. Like is mentioned earlier, I'm not confident in Fords decision making at this point.
Careful with your wording... From what I have seen so far, the engineers have executed what they were asked to very well. Engineers are provided use cases to satisfy. They are not in charge of the budget or defining which options are available in conjunction with each other. There is a design/finance/product management team that is responsible for making the decisions that you reference.

MuddyMO

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You can always wait a few years and buy a used one and modify it to your liking.

I'm interested in seeing what the used demand for these are in a few years. Will they match the Wrangler and Tacoma?

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
so true. I reserved a 4door Badlands but if it ends up being $55k for a 4cyl manual 5,000 lb brick, I’m going to have to consider something else.
The Rubicon is closest trim to the Badlands and they are 55k. If you want the capability and options of a loaded off road suv that is the going rate.
i believe Ford has priced appropriately.

OP
OP
The Driving Viking

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
And that will help Ford how???? I think you just missed the entire point of the topic.

My entire point was do they want to obliterate the competition or just become another Overpriced Jeep. The new kid excitement will wear off.

Making the packages affordable will be a huge deal with bringing people to the brand and staying. The majority of people don't have deep pockets and a big garage with 4 or 5 toys and built engines laying around that can throw money blindly at anything they want.

Especially the way the Economy is going. Shit is going down hill fast. Affordability is going to become extremely important in the bext 5 years. Probably even sooner. Like 5 months.

Sponsored

DonsBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford is so proud of this statement
We’re trying something new with Bronco vehicles to make sure you can build the Bronco that is right for you. Instead of the usual good, better, best approach, we want you to build toward your outdoor pursuits. Follow these 4 steps and choose from a wide selection of available factory options and Ford accessories. Then, when it’s time to turn your reservation into an order, you’ll have already created a Bronco that’s perfect for you.

If you look at all the posts where members are begging Ford to make changes, you can see there are a lot of us who are not very happy with all the restrictions Ford is placing on us. So looks to me Ford really isn't listening. I have owned 20 Vehicles in my life 16 have been Fords, so I am someone who bleeds Ford Blue, but I don't see Ford really living up to there promise. To me it is still if you want a Bronco it is there way not our way

Rednek

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Waiting for build and price is killing me! And the aftermarket is being real quiet about accessories for the bronco so far.

Xodric

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Manitoba, Canada ( Born/Raised in Kansas )
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco XLT, 1979 F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And that will help Ford how???? I think you just missed the entire point of the topic.

My entire point was do they want to obliterate the competition or just become another Overpriced Jeep. The new kid excitement will wear off.

Making the packages affordable will be a huge deal with bringing people to the brand and staying. The majority of people don't have deep pockets and a big garage with 4 or 5 toys and built engines laying around that can throw money blindly at anything they want.

Especially the way the Economy is going. Shit is going down hill fast. Affordability is going to become extremely important in the bext 5 years. Probably even sooner. Like 5 months.

Im out of answers for you. Pricing for options isnt even out and its like you think the sky is falling. Like previously mentioned the Rubicon is around 55k. And you get a lot more than the Rubicon with the Badlands. I have no problems with the cost of the Bronco. So for me its more than affordable. Im a blue collar worker. How much more affordable are you wanting the Bronco to be? Should people on EI and welfare be able to go and buy a Wildtrak? Come on man.

OP
OP
The Driving Viking

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Im out of answers for you. Pricing for options isnt even out and its like you think the sky is falling. Like previously mentioned the Rubicon is around 55k. And you get a lot more than the Rubicon with the Badlands. I have no problems with the cost of the Bronco. So for me its more than affordable. Im a blue collar worker. How much more affordable are you wanting the Bronco to be? Should people on EI and welfare be able to go and buy a Wildtrak? Come on man.
You totally missing the point and I never said the sky was falling. I said I hope they price the packages so they are affordable.

Second I've already said jeep is overpriced. They can shove a $55k Rubicon right where the sun don't shine. I will never pay that for what it is.

3rd You mentioned the Badlands. I never said that was overpriced. Im talking about the packages. If the packages are expensive then what the Hell is the point of buying a Base and building it when it will come out to dam near the same price as the Badlands??? See what im saying.

The people who are going to get the Base want to get value save money and also be able to build it the way they like. They can't do that if the packages and accessories are overpriced.

Sponsored

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you compete on price, you've already lost.
- probably said by someone before me

This is not a direct competitor to the Wrangler...it's better. I would like to pay $20k for it, but I don't want the vehicle that can be made to sell at that price. I need a Bronco. ;)

I really don't think they're screwing anyone on the price, but I see the value in it; maybe I'll be proven wrong when people actually get their vehicles. I just don't understand why Ford has to take a loss on bringing back an icon just to please some people.

EMrider

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Bronco lineup offers a LOTof consumer choice and comparable models are priced competitively versus the JLUR. Aside from the minority that keep harping about no 2.7l with a manual, what they are offering should address the full spectrum of consumer wants/needs. Ford has been listening, but you still can’t be everything to everyone.

The engines and transmission are proven and all they need to do is execute on the design and deliver good reliability over time. I’ve owned Jeeps for many years, and with my JKUR about to go to my son, I don’t trust the JL enough to buy another Jeep. I also really like the 2.7l engine and have had good luck with Fords in the past in terms of reliability.

As a company, Ford’s most serious stumbles have been in their non-U.S. markets. They are lagging in Europe and their Chinese JV has been a total fiasco. Of course, all foreign firms must have a JV partner to enter the Chinese domestic market to ensure that all IP and trade secrets are quickly stolen.......and the partner Ford selected was a real dud. They certainly need a win with the Bronco, but IMHO the future of the company depends more on fixing their non-U.S. business.

R

OP
OP
The Driving Viking

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
You can't ride a Harley Road King Special on a Sportster budget.

Just like you can't have a Sasquatch Badlands on a Base budget

Simple economics...
Wow. Horrible analogy. Everyone knows Harley Davidsons are way over priced and their parts are insanely expensive. Which is why the Company is on the verge of going out of business and their Earnings are down the toilet. The Baby Boomers and older are getting too old to ride and the younger generation could care less about riding a Harley. Not a good combination for the future.

So you want Ford to follow the same dieing model?? Wow.

What's even more funny is I own a 2018 Harley Davidson RoadKing Special. Hahaha. So I know all about it. I've been into Harleys my entire life.

Ford Bronco I hope Ford is listening. 15969033517528368035197237148749

Last edited:

jbf19

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 Chevrolet Blazer and 2015 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Careful with your wording... From what I have seen so far, the engineers have executed what they were asked to very well. Engineers are provided use cases to satisfy. They are not in charge of the budget or defining which options are available in conjunction with each other. There is a design/finance/product management team that is responsible for making the decisions that you reference.
Fair enough. But I don't give a shit if it's engineering, design, finance, or product management that's making the head scratcher decisions. They're all part of Ford and my confIdence in Ford is lacking. Is that wording acceptable for ya?
Sponsored