I hope Ford is listening.

Jud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frs
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You totally missing the point and I never said the sky was falling. I said I hope they price the packages so they are affordable.

Second I've already said jeep is overpriced. They can shove a $55k Rubicon right where the sun don't shine. I will never pay that for what it is.

3rd You mentioned the Badlands. I never said that was overpriced. Im talking about the packages. If the packages are expensive then what the Hell is the point of buying a Base and building it when it will come out to dam near the same price as the Badlands??? See what im saying.

The people who are going to get the Base want to get value save money and also be able to build it the way they like. They can't do that if the packages and accessories are overpriced.
Just checked jeeps website 2 door rubi is 38k and 4 door is 42k
Sponsored

Mke_80

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Renegade
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Your kidding right? The way its priced already they are making money on it. Not to mention a $1,500 destination fee.

Its great you have deep pockets and will pay whatever they charge. Most don't. The average Joe certainly won't.

The Base model is already $30k with destination. Add tax for me 6% thats $31,800. Great if you want to ride on 30 inch wheels and no lockers and add no accessories. Most don't. So whats the Sasquatch package going to be? Thats what 90% of us want when going with Base. If its $3,500 or less ill take it. That makes the price $35,300. That a great price and they will make money.

Now take that same Base and what if the Sasquatch package is $5,000 or $6,000k and they dont make it available for the Manual so you have to pay for the Automatic on top of it $1,500? You'll be talking close to $39,000 after taxes for a Base model. And thats not even adding things like steel bumper and other accessories.

Yeah. Um. No thanks.

I am totally with you on this one! Some people are missing the point and think that at a price point of 60k they are getting a good value. Yet these are the same that say why no locker on base, why no manual transmission on 2.7, why no V8 So they look not satisfied with what they are offered but are so emotional and I don't mean in a negative way but the hype is real. that they forget to evaluate the true value of what they will be buying. Look at the ford lineup a ranger with the 2.3l starts at 24k 2x4 and 28k 4x4 and if you look at a F150 for 55K you do get a V8 4x4. We can argue all day that these truck are not rock crawler but for Ford it does not matter ,
Frame,motorization and hardware cost is the factor for true cost. there is nothing in the tech of the base bronco that suggest a starting point of more than 28k . And I don't think they have enough hardware in the upper models to justify the 60k price range. And you can finance both ranger and F150 for less than the 5.9% of the bronco sport offered now so my only assumption now is that the hype must be a factor in the pricing / financing of the bronco. I don't like to pay for emotions.

I understood you point , you can't come in a market as the contender and offer a more expensive solution than the present leader in the market... If they are looking to take up shares of the wrangler market they will need more than the first year model hype to do so.

cal jammer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
They also nailed the idea about turning Bronco into a brand. I Iike how they kept it simple with the naming structure and just called the little guy the Bronco-Sport instead of applying another legacy name or thinking up something trendy. Next is Bronco-Truck and then maybe a bit bigger Bronco version (but smaller than the Expedition) with a 3rd row. Call it Bronco-XL
Or canyonero.

Uncle Gump

First Name
Gump
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford Ranger, 1986 Bronco II
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Everything is expensive. Ford has to make money. They simply can't give it away.

Ford will be competitive... you can count on it. You've seen the prices. They're also sticking a boot where the sun doesn't shine to the competition.

You can also spin my Harley analogy any way you wish. You certainly understood my point.

Now I'm going back to the garage to build my truck the way I want it... Ford didn't make my Ranger my way. My future Bronco won't be any different.

Be safe out there...

Ford Bronco I hope Ford is listening. tire carrier

irv0735

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mercedes Sprinter 4x4, 2021 Bronco Reserved
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Fair enough. But I don't give a shit if it's engineering, design, finance, or product management that's making the head scratcher decisions. They're all part of Ford and my confIdence in Ford is lacking. Is that wording acceptable for ya?
You are entitled to your opinion on the product, I just wanted to clarify that getting upset at engineers in this case does not do any good. If you don't like what Ford is bringing to market, don't buy it. I have a feeling the people making the decisions you are upset with are not going to mind losing a few sales to the high demanders, in exchange for a lower price point that attracts significantly more buyers. Trust me, I wish certain things were different too, but in industry you have to make tradeoffs. Did they make all the right ones? Probably not...but based on reservation numbers and overall reception up to this point (not talking about the enthusiasts, but the entire general market), they seem to be on the right track.

Sponsored

jbf19

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 Chevrolet Blazer and 2015 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hear ya. But as I said, Iā€™m not upset at any engineers (you must be an engineer b/c youā€™re a little you just on the subject). Iā€™m not upset at anyone. I just donā€™t have confidence in Ford to knock it out of the park. Look, Iā€™m a middle aged guy. Iā€™ve been waiting for this truck to come out for years. Loved them since I was a kid. I drive a ā€˜77 Blazer. I love these things. I just donā€™t want to wait any longer for them to get it right. I love the new design. I just hope theyā€™re going to tweak a few things before they roll them out. I am frustrated with their crappy communications but whatever. And you donā€™t need to remind me that they donā€™t give a damn about my opinion because they have a lot of reservations. I know they donā€™t. Maybe if they did theyā€™re stock price wouldnā€™t be in the dumps. Anyway, I hope my lack of confidence is misplaced. Guess we will see.

Last edited:

GotGOAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am totally with you on this one! Some people are missing the point and think that at a price point of 60k they are getting a good value. Yet these are the same that say why no locker on base, why no manual transmission on 2.7, why no V8 So they look not satisfied with what they are offered but are so emotional and I don't mean in a negative way but the hype is real. that they forget to evaluate the true value of what they will be buying. Look at the ford lineup a ranger with the 2.3l starts at 24k 2x4 and 28k 4x4 and if you look at a F150 for 55K you do get a V8 4x4. We can argue all day that these truck are not rock crawler but for Ford it does not matter ,
Frame,motorization and hardware cost is the factor for true cost. there is nothing in the tech of the base bronco that suggest a starting point of more than 28k . And I don't think they have enough hardware in the upper models to justify the 60k price range. And you can finance both ranger and F150 for less than the 5.9% of the bronco sport offered now so my only assumption now is that the hype must be a factor in the pricing / financing of the bronco. I don't like to pay for emotions.

I understood you point , you can't come in a market as the contender and offer a more expensive solution than the present leader in the market... If they are looking to take up shares of the wrangler market they will need more than the first year model hype to do so.
I understand that the Bronco is expensive but, your example for the 2.3L Ranger 4X4 is essentially the same price as the Base 2 door Bronco.
The F150 always has money on the hood, but the actual price can get pretty steep as you move up trim levels.
There is probably enough of a price spread $28,500 to about $60,000 to find a model or features that will fit the budget and dream.
Early adopters are going to pay what the market can bare and there is a ton of pent up demand for the Bronco. If it isnā€™t worth it in your valuation, just wait a couple of years for off lease Broncos.
If you think the Bronco is expensive go build and price the ubiquitous family truckster...a surburban...yikes!

Mke_80

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Renegade
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I understand that the Bronco is expensive but, your example for the 2.3L Ranger 4X4 is essentially the same price as the Base 2 door Bronco.
The F150 always has money on the hood, but the actual price can get pretty steep as you move up trim levels.
There is probably enough of a price spread $28,500 to about $60,000 to find a model or features that will fit the budget and dream.
Early adopters are going to pay what the market can bare and there is a ton of pent up demand for the Bronco. If it isnā€™t worth it in your valuation, just wait a couple of years for off lease Broncos.
If you think the Bronco is expensive go build and price the ubiquitous family truckster...a surburban...yikes!

Exactly, the ranger is the same starting price, and this is what I was saying , with same motor,similar frame, transmission, and equipment it should cost the same ( especially the finance part). We do not know yet how the Bronco price will end up with the equipment.

When you remove all the emotions related to the Bronco and all the hype and compare only machine for machine and specs for specs you get to see the true value.

Another way of saying it is a 55k F-150 gives you a v8 fully equip and a 55k Bronco give you a 2.3l 4 cylinder with an off-road suspension equipment not known yet. As of now considering the value only I would say the Bronco is expensive and probably price boosted. Just don't be surprised to see the price go lower on the second and third year of production to match the competition.

Expensive.. compared to what.... Is what I wanted to say.

All this being said I will not be begging on my knees when I walk in Ford dealer. 150k reservation is a 150k people that can cancel. Ask Tesla what they think about reservation and model 3 launch.

Another good example of a failed launch is the Gladiator, too expensive for what it is compared to the competition Jeep thought they could get away with the hype only and now they have to lower the price by some good amount. And yet they are still behind expected sales. I expect the model to be out in a few years!

Thanks for your comments.. but no suburban for me! :)

My answer is all in good vibes! not an argument just a discussion.

OP
OP
The Driving Viking

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Everything is expensive. Ford has to make money. They simply can't give it away.

Ford will be competitive... you can count on it. You've seen the prices. They're also sticking a boot where the sun doesn't shine to the competition.

You can also spin my Harley analogy any way you wish. You certainly understood my point.

Now I'm going back to the garage to build my truck the way I want it... Ford didn't make my Ranger my way. My future Bronco won't be any different.

Be safe out there...

Ford Bronco I hope Ford is listening. tire carrier
I wasn't trying to spin your Harley analogy. Its just flat out wrong. You can't compare the 2.

For example you cant Build a Sportster into anything close to a Road King Special. Two totally different bikes. Different frames different engines everything.

But you can take a Base Bronco and build it into a Monster off roader. That can even be on par or even better then the Badlands minus the front stabilizer bar disconnect. Same engine, lockers, same axles and hell with the Sasquatch package even bigger tires.

I applaud Ford for this. I think its great. I love the Bronco. Hell I reserved one. But my point is if the Packages are too expensive then what the Hell is the point of even Building a Base? Just buy the Badlands. There's a ton of people on this forum already saying if the Sasquatch package is too expensive they aren't going to buy it. That's a fact.

I will also tell you my Generation and older usually spends money on something we want even if it costs too much. Thats why we splurge on thing like expensive Harley Davidson RoadKing Specials. Hell my 2014 RoadKing CVO in tribal orange was $30k. But since Covid-19 hit thats changing. People like me are being more cautious with their money and spending it more wisely.

Now let's get to the yonger then gen x generations. I can tell you right now they are super stingy with their money. A lot of them are into the out doors and exploring. But they would rather do it on a budget. Most of them won't be coughing up 40k for an offroad vehicle. Just like they wouldn't buy a $25k Harley. They would rather buy a Honda Enduro. Especially in the current economic environment. And those are the people that are the future of Companies like Ford. You need to pull them in. That is where Harley is failing.

So my point in all of this is the days of spending big money and bragging about exclusivity and who's dick is bigger are numbered. A lot of people are losing their jobs and can't afford much. A lot of people want value. They want good deals. And in these times if Ford really wants to make a big splash in the off road world with the younger generation and people looking to save money then they would be smart to make the Packages and accessories affordable. Make it so those people want to buy the Base and build it and get into off-roading.. And it would also steel away would be Jeep buyers as well. Thats all I'm saying.

Uncle Gump

First Name
Gump
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford Ranger, 1986 Bronco II
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So you want a bad ass Bronco... but you want it cheap. I hear you load and clear. Hopefully Ford hears you too.

But again you spin what I say into what you want to hear.

Bad ass Harley > none bad ass Harley

Bad ass Bronco > Base Bronco

You pay for Bad Ass... Tell me again I'm wrong?

Sponsored

SoccerDude

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
So you want a bad ass Bronco... but you want it cheap. I hear you load and clear. Hopefully Ford hears you too.

But again you spin what I say into what you want to hear.

Bad ass Harley > none bad ass Harley

Bad ass Bronco > Base Bronco

You pay for Bad Ass... Tell me again I'm wrong?
I think we just want to pay for the features we want without paying for things we do not want/need.

NM_21Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think we just want to pay for the features we want without paying for things we do not want/need.
That sounds great in a perfect world, but...

A.) Ford makes more money that way and
B.) Production would be a nightmare. If all of these options were individual, each production model would be so unique that the building process would be significantly delayed. This is the one reasoning I can understand and live with.

This is the way car production has always been. Now because "covid" and "people are losing there jobs and and and", everyone expecting things to just be given to them is a bit of a crazy concept. Money will always be king and more money will ALWAYS buy you nicer things. The bronco already sounds like it will be highly customizable. Much more so than the average vehicle

SoccerDude

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Honestly... I feel Ford is very accommodating in this aspect. There are a bunch of ways to go.
The options are pretty good right now, I would love to see a locker available on the base or bigger tires if the Sasquatch is priced really high. If the options/packages come out really high they are going to have a fallout of customers IMO.

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I do not want to get negative. The Ford listening thing is something that the customer want. It's a not a real motivation for Ford. There is another post on, pay cash/finance. Knowing that less than 10% pay cash, financing is the key here. Because it will be an expensive truck ,Ford sees the opportunity to charge a premium and they are doing it. Ford listening, not really let's look at the financing rate of both ford and jeep at the moment you can finance a wrangler at 3.9% 72 months at jeep compared to 5.9% 84 months at Ford for the Bronco Sport (new model) and way less for a explorer at 3.9. Listening would have been to introduce the new model at a rate similar to other Ford models .. Now for the Bronco, I am assuming a high financial rate and premium on price since no employee pricing will be available and they look like they will take advantage of the hype to charge us the highest rate possible.

Ford listening : Give us your backers , the ones that accepted to reserve a Bronco 1 year in advance not even knowing the total price a rebate for early reserve ( thank you for backing us) Give us financial options to finance our dream truck , not the one that will have to do because I can not afford the one I really want. I might be dreaming now.
No employee pricing?????
Sponsored