Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Exactly!!!

Rubicon price shows starting at $42,440, when I go to build it, it shows $43,935, not sure why the change, maybe location. Nevertheless, it is not $55K, why do people keep repeating this number for the cost of a Rubicon?

Sure you can option up a Badlands and maybe hit $55K, but look at the starting price. Besides that, Jeep lets me select "Perforated" seats to help AVOID Swamp Rash, I'm hoping Ford is listening and will give us the option of "Perforated" seats on the Bronco.
Sure you can get a Rubicon with no options at $42,440, but a lot of people will add things like better seats, premium audio, engine choice, automatic, roof options, light package, keyless entry, etc. At the end, $55k would be a conservative price.
Sponsored

John Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500/ Jeep Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm going out on a limb and saying that the nickle an diming won't be done by ford upfront. (Maybe the dealers)
Allegedly, ford has so many accessories that will be available that they'll make a good chunk there. I may be way off on that one.
BUT I truly believe the make-it break-it will be in the Bronco's favor. It should perform sufficiently off road, will be more reliable than Jeep, be comfortable on the road and the fit and finish will be a ton better than Jeep.
My biggest concerns are the engine and the front end. That ecoboost is a high-strung engine. It'll be interesting seeing how it holds up. Going IFS on a vehicle with 35s is not a proven idea. I'm sure they won't be running heims and uni-balls because of the chatter so there will be isolating components that'll get haggered.

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
My biggest concerns are the engine and the front end. That ecoboost is a high-strung engine. It'll be interesting seeing how it holds up. Going IFS on a vehicle with 35s is not a proven idea. I'm sure they won't be running heims and uni-balls because of the chatter so there will be isolating components that'll get haggered.
Agreed on the engine, more parts is definitely a real concern.
I don’t think the IFS deal will be an issue if Ford built it well enough, certainly not the first SUV with IFS to leave factory with 35s.

Hell mine has 37s and has been flawless.

John Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500/ Jeep Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Agreed on the engine, more parts is definitely a real concern.
I don’t think the IFS deal will be an issue if Ford built it well enough, certainly not the first SUV with IFS to leave factory with 35s.

Hell mine has 37s and has been flawless.
hope so! I'm assuming they already thought of my concerns lol.
Sponsored