Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, 2013 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I recently installed the 4W Parts bumpers on my Badlands. I’ve absolutely loved the look of these bumpers since they first dropped. And as more and more bumper options became available, I found myself going back to the 4WP ones. So I finally pulled the trigger.
CDF3285B-010D-4962-A04F-BFEE951F17DB.jpeg

I had a ton of questions that I couldn’t find answers too. The sales reps didn’t know, the pictures on-line didn’t match the videos, the brochures in the store showed something different, and on-and-on. It’s a total cluster F**k. And even then, the instructions are totally junk and don’t answer questions either. So you learn as you go.
3EA5A612-F09E-4B57-80D1-F4EF3F07A576.jpeg
So to help anyone that’s curious, I figured I’d get on here, make a post and answer any questions ya’ll might have. I can even run out and take pictures as needed to help with answers as well.

A couple of the big questions I know I’ll get. So I’ll answer these now, because I know they’re coming. I’m also going to tag @Theherofails becaue he helped me install them and can chime in as necessary.

First - Yes, the ACC works. There’s nothing that needs to be done. It just works perfectly. Don’t worry about it. Zero issues.

Two - Yes, the camera is blocked by the winch and bull bar. I installed the JCR camera relocation kit and now visiblity is perfect. The blocked camera is not an issue.
A55B1817-F9E7-44F3-83CC-C596B492DD06.jpeg

Three - Parking sensors work great. The bumper gives you the option to run them, or if you don’t have them, there is plugs for the holes provided.

Four - With the Badlands SAS you do NOT need to buy the skid plate. The factory steel one works just fine with no modifications. Just bolt the stock one back up. I do not know about the plastic factory one.

Five - Lights The bumper allows you to run a bunch of different light configurations. Included 4 lights down in the middle bottom. (I ran 2). There’s also a separate little pieces to fill the gap if you don’t want to run lights, and want the bottom middle opening smaller.
C24E795F-0542-4862-B2DB-9158B052BF08.jpeg

Six - She’s heavy!!! This is not a 1 man job. We did it with 3 of us, which is what I recommend to anyone doing this job. It’s also an 8-10 hour day to install both bumpers and the winch. It’s a massive project.

Anything else, ask away and I’ll answer them.

Looks great.
Any sensor issues? I have an early one and had a lot of trouble.

Front bumper. If you mount the winch plate after the bumper, it's a mess.
The rear bolts are impossible to get to and torque. If you need to take the winch off, the whole bumper needs to come off.

On the rear bumper, were you able to get the end to line up with the body?
Tried my best but the two are angled differently.
Rear bumper install.
I ran my wiring through a drain plug and under the rear panneling.

https://www.4wheelparts.com/sku/4 Wheel Parts/standard/4WP61468W_Bronco_Rear_Bumper_20Jun21.pdf
Sponsored

Fmuguira

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Those are great looking bumpers. I really like how they tuck in so nicely and look great with factory design/lines.

Question, have you noticed any increase in your engine operating temperature??

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The plus of this is your winch can’t be stolen as easily.
Not with as many bolts as it has, no. That thing was kind of PITA to install but it works great! I know because the first time he used it was to help me fix a broken tie rod as the back end of my Bronco was hanging off a waterfall. Quite fun!

OP
OP
LikeToTurnLeft

LikeToTurnLeft

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Transit Connect & 2007 F150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Those are great looking bumpers. I really like how they tuck in so nicely and look great with factory design/lines.

Question, have you noticed any increase in your engine operating temperature??
I haven’t looked to be honest with you. It’s never crossed my mind.

OP
OP
LikeToTurnLeft

LikeToTurnLeft

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

aniljavali

Badlands
First Name
Anil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands '22 & Tesla 3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
LikeToTurnLeft

LikeToTurnLeft

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP
OP
LikeToTurnLeft

LikeToTurnLeft

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks great.
Any sensor issues? I have an early one and had a lot of trouble.

Front bumper. If you mount the winch plate after the bumper, it's a mess.
The rear bolts are impossible to get to and torque. If you need to take the winch off, the whole bumper needs to come off.

On the rear bumper, were you able to get the end to line up with the body?
Tried my best but the two are angled differently.
Rear bumper install.
I ran my wiring through a drain plug and under the rear panneling.

https://www.4wheelparts.com/sku/4 Wheel Parts/standard/4WP61468W_Bronco_Rear_Bumper_20Jun21.pdf
Zero sensor issues. Did have to pull out the orange rubber o-ring seal thingy on the female sides of the connectors. That way they could clip in all the way. Just used grease to keep it all water proof. With the rubber seal still in there, we couldn’t clip them in all the way so they didn’t work initially. They didn’t stay put when unplugged. Instead the rubber piece got wedges way down into it. Stopping the connectors from going back in all the way and making contact. Hope that made sense.

As for rear bumper. Yeah, it’s off a bit. Doesn’t bother me. I really think 4WP could have designed the whole rear bumper mounting solution a bit different, or at least with adjustments in it. Overall, I feel like 4WP rushed everything. The proof is in the promotional stuff and the instructions. Nothing made sense. I still love the look and the all the lighting options. And would buy them, and recommend them again.

Potatomafia

Base
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Chevy Tahoe PPV
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The rear bumper got poor reviews on the 4WP site relating to poor fitment and finish. Any issues on yours?

I like both the front and rear bumpers from 4WP. They seem to fit close to the body and aren't gaudy.

OP
OP
LikeToTurnLeft

LikeToTurnLeft

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The rear bumper got poor reviews on the 4WP site relating to poor fitment and finish. Any issues on yours?

I like both the front and rear bumpers from 4WP. They seem to fit close to the body and aren't gaudy.
Yeah, the rear is off just a bit. Not really noticeable unless you stare at it. It’s tilted up slightly. So the sides, where it wraps around, are what’s off; by maybe 2°-3°. Doesn’t bother me at all. Again, I believe 4WP rushed it all, and it shows with their promotional stuff (both their brochures & the website & even what the guys at the counter have in their computer…nothing matches). Then you get the instructions and it’s something different as well. Not to mention shitty blurry photos in B&W, and they’re missing things. Like the lights down low in the middle options and how to run the parking sensors and all the different options for them. You really are piecing it together by common sense when installing. But damn she’s pretty when done. With a lot of cool features. Absolutely love it and would buy them again. Love the look, all the lights, the winch, etc etc. Even the ACC didn’t need to be touched.

Sponsored

Bronco_joe

Black Diamond
First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't mean to steal your thread but I have one for sale with winch attachment

OP
OP
LikeToTurnLeft

LikeToTurnLeft

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't mean to steal your thread but I have one for sale with winch attachment
Right on. Can I ask why you’re selling them? Front or front and rear bumpers? What size winch?

Obviously I’m not going to buy them, I have them already. Just curious though. Post some pics. Doesn’t bother me at all its on this thread. If it helps you sell it quicker, all the better.
@Theherofails

*edit: spelling

Last edited:

Bronco_joe

Black Diamond
First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Right on. Can I ask why? Are you selling the front or front and rear bumpers? What size winch?

Obviously I’m not going to them, I have them already. Just curious. Post some pics. Doesn’t burger me st all of its on this thread. If it helps you sell it quicker, all the better.
@Theherofails
I decided to build some bumpers. Just the front and winch plate. I had a hf badlands mounted to it. Overall I liked the bumper. Winch mounted high out of the way and zero approach angle issues with it. But I like seeing the bronco letters on the grill so going to fab a minimal bumper. Not sure where winch is going just yet

Mserjohnb132

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Stopped by 4WP on a Saturday to grab some lights for the bumper, not realizing they close early. Stopped by HF on the way home and saw their Roadshock lights… for about $20 each, took a chance on them.
Ford Bronco I installed the 4WP bumper….Ask me anything 43F7C70A-48BF-4F1A-AACE-4BF3E6438DBF

SlowPoke

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What?
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice! She’s so good looking. Get the JCR camera relocation kit now if you have a front camera. Otherwise you’ll have to take the front bumper back off to get the camera out. Do it all at once. Save you a ton of time and headache.

Also, the winch plate is separate. And there are separate parts for it. The instructions suck ass trying to explain it all. There’s parking sensor extensions for the two sensors in the middle. If you run the winch plate, they go on it. No winch plate, they go on the bumper.

The winch has to be mounted to the plate prior to the mounting plate going on the bumper, which is prior to installing the bumper on the vehicle. You need to assemble the whole thing first. Then bolt it to the Bronco.
get 3 guys. One on each side holding the bumper and one guy under doing the bolting on.
I've been working on mine today. Got stopped at the rivets. Need to go get a rivet puller. Otherwise I agree with your assessment so far. Instructions are shit. pretty much worthless. I got the bumper off this morning, and the camera relocated using the JCR Bracket. I really wish they could have just made an install video for the winch plate and stuff. JCR did a great job on their install video for the camera relocation. Would be nice if everyone did that. I swear its just an unwritten rule that aftermarket off road bits have the worst and most useless instructions ever. maybe its meant to be a right of passage. LOL!
Sponsored