Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer ST, Pontiac G8 GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
such rule followers!

If there's no one around, and no one needs the spot, why does it matter?

The argument can be made that the other guy is the opposite of a d-bag and was being respectful to the OP who was obviously trying to avoid the crowds.

Now if the parking lot was full, and he took up 2 spots. d-bag. But that does not seem to be the case here...
Hey...it's cool if you park like that too. Just don't complain if something happens to your vehicle while you are parked like that. Best of luck! (y)

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Some rules I follow when given little choice: it’s OK to park next to an expensive car that is spotlessly clean; avoid coupes; avoid shitboxes; it’s OK to park next to a slammed rice burner - ‘cause even though the owner is probably 18-25 years old, they probably care about their ride. Avoid minivans at all costs, any car that looks like, or possibly could be used as an airport rental. I’m sure there’s more. Pickups are OK as long as it’s not a beat up landscaping or tradesman wreck - chances are it’s being driven by a day worker. But that’s just me.

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

:ROFLMAO: I don't know how people don't realize that parking like that idiot just begs for people to F with your vehicle.
when make up your own rules, you kind of have to expect everyone else to follow your lead.

Entitlement has its drawbacks!

Sponsored

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hey...it's cool if you park like that too. Just don't complain if something happens to your vehicle while you are parked like that. Best of luck! (y)
Why, in an empty parking lot would I need to worry about something happening to my vehicle if I parked straddling the line?

Who would be the d-bag in that situation???

I cannot understand for the life of me why people care so damn much about what other people do, that has zero effect on their life.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

FWIW I agree with @PowPow. I see it as a dirtbag move in a busy parking lot.
But if there are dozens of open spots closer in, it's no biggie.
OP obviously wanted to avoid issue, so he was proactive enough to park at the end, next to a curb, reducing the chances by 1/2 already.
As far as "Don't complain if something happens to your vehicle", I will.
In this specific case, if someone damaged my vehicle while I was giving the OP room but not room for someone between us and saw deliberate damage to mine, I'll whip someone's ass in the parking lot.
I've seen douches at Lowes or Walmart take up 4 spots by parking in the crosshairs of 4 spots, 1/4 way down the row from the building. Now THAT is an asshat move.
But at no point in my life have I ever considered touching someone else's vehicle because of it.
Most reasonable people wouldn't. Whether the driver is an ass or not, you just don't mess with other people's stuff.
None of us are the "Equalizer" and need to perform social justice on a spot-splitter. If you do, you get what's coming. Just like the spot-splitter, at some point, will get some well-deserved karma.

Last edited:

r21free

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thats why i put running boards or wide rock rails on mine.So they will ## up theirs not mine

TheDoctor

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Why, in an empty parking lot would I need to worry about something happening to my vehicle if I parked straddling the line?

Who would be the d-bag in that situation???

I cannot understand for the life of me why people care so damn much about what other people do, that has zero effect on their life.
Because when you park like that, you (and in this, I do not specifically mean "you"...but the person who did the parking) look like an entitled douchebag who thinks their stuff is more important than other peoples stuff. That being said, there are plenty of people who would like to cause harm strictly because of the fact that the person who parked...parked like an a-hole.

If the vehicle is parked so far away from everyone else, why does it need to take two spaces?

Have you ever parked in a lot where you were quite far away from everyone else when you parked, but had vehicles around you when you came back to your car?

My only point is parking like that draws attention to your vehicle...and definitely increases the chances of attracting someone who is willing to damage it, maybe just to knock this person down off of their high-horse.

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

tough crowd.

the OP noted that he parked in

obviously it wasn't a busy or full parking lot. The other guy probably parked like that to allow for space realizing that the OP parked far away bc he didn't want his Bronco dinged.

so judgy 'round here.
I completely agree with you. That was my exact thought, too.

OP...cute story!

Sponsored

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Because when you park like that, you (and in this, I do not specifically mean "you"...but the person who did the parking) look like an entitled douchebag who thinks their stuff is more important than other peoples stuff. That being said, there are plenty of people who would like to cause harm strictly because of the fact that the person who parked...parked like an a-hole.

If the vehicle is parked so far away from everyone else, why does it need to take two spaces?

Have you ever parked in a lot where you were quite far away from everyone else when you parked, but had vehicles around you when you came back to your car?

My only point is parking like that draws attention to your vehicle...and definitely increases the chances of attracting someone who is willing to damage it, maybe just to knock this person down off of their high-horse.
While I don't disagree. The problem to me, isn't the person who parked like an "entitled douchebag", but the person who decides to take things into their own hands and ruin someone else's possession.

People need to learn to just leave other people's stuff alone.

Bogeybekk

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was at the airport the other day and saw a Bronco parked like this. I won’t even leave mine in airport parking, much less in this state. Imagine that PT Cruiser leaving and someone squeezing a full-size truck in their spot!
Ford Bronco I just wanted to park alone….. FF63E4FD-2068-4440-B673-5B82A466F660

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

tough crowd.

the OP noted that he parked in

obviously it wasn't a busy or full parking lot. The other guy probably parked like that to allow for space realizing that the OP parked far away bc he didn't want his Bronco dinged.

so judgy 'round here.
Agree 100%. Some of you really need to effin relax. Is there anything some of you won't bitch about?

TheDoctor

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
While I don't disagree. The problem to me, isn't the person who parked like an "entitled douchebag", but the person who decides to take things into their own hands and ruin someone else's possession.

People need to learn to just leave other people's stuff alone.
When you leave your home and it is empty, do you leave the front door wide open with a sign out front that says "Nobody Home"? I would guess not, because if you did that and somebody robbed your house, people would say you were asking for it by drawing attention to yourself.

Stealing from your home, regardless if you left your door open or not is wrong. Same as someone damaging anohter persons vehicle is wrong. But you can do stuff to protect your possessions.

Parking far away from others (in the lines) kind of says "I am trying to protect my vehicle...and willing to walk a bit further to do so". Many people can respect that. But parking away AND taking up 2 or more spaces (in my opinion) makes the person look like an a-hole and might entice others to inflict harm.

Just my opinion of course...

wetdog

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

There could be a whole forum just for parking ,if you park straddling lines it irks people right or wrong it draws unwanted attention. The bronco seems wide in a spot so I don't mind walking.
Sponsored