First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would prefer the entire center to be reprogrammed as a larger tach. The boost gauge is proof they can do it.
Sponsored

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ha ha! Good one...

Lol! Sell it quick….why would you want a car with such an awful instrument cluster…..geez
See, you hear this from people, but come on. Nobody's saying, "I'm going to sell my Bronco because the speedo sucks." Or because the headliner is falling to pieces. Or the air conditioner doesn't reach the back seats. Or the parking brake handle falls off. Or the door hinge bolts fall out. Or the plastic clips that hold the soft top back window simply break. Or the plastic grid at the base of the windshield melts in the sun and buckles... ETC.....

All of these things are little deals. But that's the point! Why is this multi-billion dollar company that's been producing cars for over a century letting little shit like this slide? Is it too much to ask to use stuff that just works?

Most vehicles on the road today have a simple digital speed indicator right where you can see it, and if they have a tach, it's a good ol' fashioned analog dial with a pointer and some numbers. And that's all it needs to be, because it works great.

It's kind of like a toothbrush. They perfected the design a hundred years ago, and it doesn't need to be changed for the sake of change...

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It's all software, it should be fully programmable to be whatever you want it to be. How hard is that these days?

AMTRV

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands 4dr, 22 6.7L Tremor, 1940 Ford Cpe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Too much whining for me.
I love mine.
Good luck with your’s…..sounds like it’s falling apart

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Eh, it's....fine. I forget about the existence of the analog speedo all the time, the digital one is much better. And I don't look at the tach bar either, the number readout and engine feedback is plenty to shift by.

Sponsored

zerk4321

Base
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Squatch Rapid Red
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I didn’t like it at first, but have gotten used to it. The speedometer on the left is redundant and I never look at it.

dck82

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Eh, it’s a clean design and I forget the analog is there. Raptor full digital looks pretty good. Swapping to the digital gauge in the mustang is pretty easy. If we can do it, I’d be tempted.

OP
OP
Rubeo84

Rubeo84

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
cant say I have any strong opinions about the cluster... whats so bad about it?

Mind you, I have the 10 speed, I dont really give a hoot about the tach... but in any manual car Ive owned, I stop looking at the tach about 2 weeks in anyway. just sort of learn the sound of the engine and know where you are at.
It just looks very strange. Although I agree the tach isn’t that important to automatic transmissions it would look better to have both an analog tach and speedometer and put all your customizable stuff in the middle. The one random analog instrument among all the digital looks crazy. Not that I am comparing the two but my wife’s Range Rover made good use out of the space. You don’t have to be 100k car to have a good design though

Sponsored
OP
OP
Rubeo84

Rubeo84

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As someone who studied UX previously, the cluster definitely sucks on initial glance. When you get used to it (eventually), it's livable.
Yeah don’t get me wrong it doesn’t ruin the car for me. I just hate that you have two speedometers it’s a waste of space

OP
OP
Rubeo84

Rubeo84

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lol! Sell it quick….why would you want a car with such an awful instrument cluster…..geez
Hahha don’t get me wrong I still love the thing just a nit pick with it

FlyingScot

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Guess I'm in the minority, I don't hate it. Don't even bother looking at the analog speedometer anymore.

ColeTrain84

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands '07 Grand Prix GXP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've never spent any time looking at the analog speedo. The Lux package should have gotten the all digital display

JonDW29

Wildtrak
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I've never spent any time looking at the analog speedo. The Lux package should have gotten the all digital display
I don't have a problem with the instrument cluster as is, but I do wonder why the Lux package didn't get something similar to what the higher end F-150 trims get now.

For those expecting some sort of large OTA update to make significant changes, I wouldn't hold my breath.
Sponsored