Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 GTS, BMW M3, VW Golf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Domestic automakers are still struggling with the cluster. They finally started to figure out analog clusters, then the screens became a thing and sent them back to square 1. Porsche friggin' nailed how to integrate screens with analog gauges, but then they made it worse in the latest models (2018 top, 2022 bottom).

2018-porsche-911-carrera-gts-cabriolet-first-drive.jpg

Porsche-992-Carrera-4S-Cabrio-for-sale-20.jpg
Yes, love the 911's gauges. 992 uses a steering wheel with a smaller radius so you can't even see the far left and right gauges now. The wheel blocks them from view. And why couldn't they overlap them a bit and increase their radius which would 1) fit more info or larger info and 2) bring them closer to the center so you can see all 5. They tried to go back the long hood cluster style which was great when your wheel was 400mm. Not so great with a 330mm wheel

A rare big miss from Porsche on ergonomics.

I agree with the hate on the Bronco cluster. The speedo is worthless and should have been the tach. Digital speedo in the center is then fine and frees up space from the digital tach on the right for more vehicle, nav, entertainment info.

Again, they tried to emulate the EB Bronco dash with the speedo on the left and ended up making the same mistakes Porsche did. Bunch of jokers.
Sponsored

Last edited:

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford should put the speed and tach numbers right next to the HVAC numbers on the 12" and then they can get just rid of the cluster.

We all really won't be free until all knobs and clusters are eradicated and functionality embedded in the 8\12" center screen.

67BroncoG1

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2D Squatch, '67 Bronco, '24 Grenadier -ordered
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The cluster is just terrible. It takes effort to make one this bad. In 10 months of ownership I have yet to look at the analog speedo. In fact, I forget that it is even there. Then there is the issue of the ā€tachā€œā€¦ all I can say is Iā€™m grateful that I donā€™t have a manual. While Iā€™m on the topic the transmission, wouldnā€™t you think that the gear it is in would display somewhere? I get that there are 10 gears but really there are times I would like to know if Iā€™m in 1st or 2nd or if it has one more gear to shift to.

Perhaps the aftermarket will make a screen that we can drop in with updated graphics. One can only hope.

The_Phew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2.3L 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The cluster is just terrible. It takes effort to make one this bad. In 10 months of ownership I have yet to look at the analog speedo. In fact, I forget that it is even there. Then there is the issue of the ā€tachā€œā€¦ all I can say is Iā€™m grateful that I donā€™t have a manual. While Iā€™m on the topic the transmission, wouldnā€™t you think that the gear it is in would display somewhere? I get that there are 10 gears but really there are times I would like to know if Iā€™m in 1st or 2nd or if it has one more gear to shift to.

Perhaps the aftermarket will make a screen that we can drop in with updated graphics. One can only hope.
The 7MT displays your current gear at the top of the sad bar they call a 'tach'; dunno why they wouldn't do the same for the auto. Probably something FORScan could fix.

But yeah, the analog speedometer is unusable, and the 'tach' takes up way too much real estate for its poor utility.

67BroncoG1

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2D Squatch, '67 Bronco, '24 Grenadier -ordered
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

When you think about itā€¦ It must cost Ford more money to include that miserable anolog speedo then to just make the entire thing one digital screen. I would have preferred that they didnā€™t include that silly speedo at all and just left us with the little digital screen.

Ok, Iā€™ll stop my rant now.

Sponsored

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford should put the speed and tach numbers right next to the HVAC numbers on the 12" and then they can get just rid of the cluster.

We all really won't be free until all knobs and clusters are eradicated and functionality embedded in the 8\12" center screen.
I much prefer manual knobs for climate control and volume.

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
After 2 years I still like the cluster better than anything else I've driven. I never look at the analog speedo, but the digital screens are excellent. The whole dash unique but simple and intuitive. Most new vehicles including Fords the display looks like a damn tablet computer glued on the dash -- no thanks.

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I hate how the analog speedometer backlighting doesn't dim, or at least it doesn't dim much if it does and I just haven't noticed it. Drives me nuts at night. The rest of it - I don't love it but I can live with it. I'm the guy that turns all the backlights all the way down and night and turns the entertainment screen entirely off.

I'd love an F150 or Bronco Sport style cluster. Not sure on the Raptor one - haven't seen one in person.

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
After 2 years I still like the cluster better than anything else I've driven. I never look at the analog speedo, but the digital screens are excellent. The whole dash unique but simple and intuitive. Most new vehicles including Fords the display looks like a damn tablet computer glued on the dash -- no thanks.
I'm jealous you were able to pick a brand new G6 Bronco as you first car ever. ;)

At almost 3 years of ownership I still think the dash is "eh." It is not horrendous but it is far from good or cool or unique. The interior materials make it all the worse. But it is functional even though it is very antiquated.

misterspivey

Wildtrak
First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sponsored

OrangecrushBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just picked up my bronco this morning and drove it for the first time. The instrument cluster is straight garbage. Did Ford let an intern design this thing holy shit. First off why are there two speedometers if you want a digital one make it an option not a standard this person needs to go to UX design school for Christ sake

ExNihil

Badlands
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree with OPā€”the instrument cluster is absolutely if not irredeemably abysmal. A complete eyesore. Itā€™s so bad I may not even take delivery of my Bronco, which I realize is a pretty extreme stance, but there you have it. Iā€™ve been driving an ā€˜07 Honda Civic Si since ā€˜07 and decided to spare no expense on a specā€™d-out 2024 Bronco Badlands with the Sasquatch package. The Civic Siā€™s instrument gauge is actual pretty cool and has held up over the past 17 years. People always comment on it when driving with me. Meanwhile, from the outside, the Bronco looks great. Even the interior looks pretty good. It doesnā€™t look or feel ā€œpremium,ā€ but thatā€™s OKā€”itā€™s a Bronco. But the instrument cluster just looks and feels EXTREMELY low-effort. It looks cheap and the animations are sluggish. I have no clue why there are two speedometers. Honestly . . . Iā€™m baffled by how bad the Broncoā€™s instrument cluster looks. And, for the people saying it looks good or is the best instrument cluster theyā€™ve experienced in a vehicle, I mean . . . were yā€™all riding rickshaws your entire lives before purchasing a modern vehicle?

ExNihil

Badlands
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yep its a nightmare, hopefully ota updates let us change this in the future but the raptor cluster looks pretty sweet at least. To me tho the real disapointment goes to how far over the analog spedo is. I never see it due to my hand being in the way, Updates wont change that.
The Raptorā€™s instrument cluster is beautiful. Itā€™s how the Broncoā€™s instrument cluster should look. But noā€”they had to make the regular Bronco have a crappy instrument cluster so that the Raptor could feel ā€œpremium.ā€ -_-;
Sponsored