Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Living in DTLA, so the great outdoors is a mall crawl trip up to Malibu yeah? ?

Just funning with you, that was a great first post.

$2.5K for a Warn Zeon 5 ton with the mounting plate and installation is actually a good price, plus its likely warranty backed since you get it with the rig.

Dollar for dollar, most of the accessories are well priced, some are a little off. Think Ford did a balancing act to maximize profit (big surprise! ?).

I think some guys are having sticker shock who haven't built an adventure rig before. Personally, I haven't for a new vehicle, so it can water your eyes a bit, but to warranty much of the stuff does hold value, trust me. You'll be surprised what gets banged or scrapped when in the woods even on a light trail with tree twigs everywhere. When taking a bad line too fast, its also easy to roll a rig too. That Baja trip will be a good one to have the winch and some MaxTrax "Take the easy way out"

Anyway, get as much of the "performance gear for off roading and recovery" that you can possibly afford even if you end up stretching a little. This only matters if you'll keep your Bronco for some years after paying it off.

Not totally realistic that everyone will have the extra $$ to buy mods while paying your car payment; talking stuff that'll cost over $500. Remember that you want that new 4K OLED and Playstation 5 also. ?
No way is 2.5k close to the price. Show me. The accessories are overpriced. Winch and lights are a straight rip. The winch has a warranty of its own if you want one anyway when you buy one. Remember when you buy thos from ford you still have to pay for labor to install all accessories.

https://www.4wheelparts.com/p/warn-...R2nTR3pkpEQ-rI_lP2igeD4o1rZ3dKcRoCzMoQAvD_BwE
Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just look up the price of one, make sure you match the capacity. Only thing I need clarification on is the rope. I need Spydura synthetic rope, not steel. Trust me that a quality install of one of these is around that price. Of course they aren't selling it to you at cost, why would they. May be $250 of profit built in, maybe a tad more, but so what?

Sure the winch is warrantied, but is the plate, the install, the connection to your bumper? It is when you get it from the factory, but won't be otherwise.

You can even change the bumper and your winch can go with you. This is the best winch on the market in my option for a vehicle of this size.

OP
OP
deejay08

deejay08

Badlands
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just look up the price of one, make sure you match the capacity. Only thing I need clarification on is the rope. I need Spydura synthetic rope, not steel. Trust me that a quality install of one of these is around that price. Of course they aren't selling it to you at cost, why would they. May be $250 of profit built in, maybe a tad more, but so what?

Sure the winch is warrantied, but is the plate, the install, the connection to your bumper? It is when you get it from the factory, but won't be otherwise.

You can even change the bumper and your winch can go with you. This is the best winch on the market in my option for a vehicle of this size.
I did look up the price, thats what the link is.. anyway, no way i am paying that much for a winch when i can get something that will do the exact same job for less with a better out of box warranty.
See: Smittybilt X2O COMP - Waterproof Synthetic Rope Winch - 10,000 lb. Load Capacity https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K150VAI/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_RufLFbNXXDDPH

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did look up the price, thats what the link is.. anyway, no way i am paying that much for a winch when i can get something that will do the exact same job for less with a better out of box warranty.
See: Smittybilt X2O COMP - Waterproof Synthetic Rope Winch - 10,000 lb. Load Capacity https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K150VAI/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_RufLFbNXXDDPH
A Smitty is your choice, but I don't like the quality. Water, sand, overall dirt, the heat resistance isn't where I like it. The Warn Zeon is the best and when my ass is on the line, I don't go cheap.

I don't skimp on tires, don't skimp on traction boards, don't skimp on racks, don't skimp on my fridge, battery, etc. There are a variety of opinions and to each his own, but when I wheel, I want to make it home and don't want to pay for a recovery.

My old Disco rarely gets stuck, so usually I'm getting some other guy out of a ditch which is just what you do out in on the trails, but I wouldn't take kindness of others for granted and wouldn't rely on it either.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is an 8K lb, not a 10K lb like you get from Ford. The winch is $1600+ before you buy the plate or install, so like I said, $2500 ain't that bad for a quality Warn winch.

Sponsored

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Inland Empire here

BadSquatch but wishing I had the black diamond interior

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The labor install price is baked into the DOI accessorie pricing.
The winch price of $2500 isn't horrid, but the pod light pricing is. Those Rigid lights are $350 and install is simple.
Really makes no difference to me though because the last thing I want is for some low level Ford tech to install this stuff more me.
I'll do it myself.
Sponsored