William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Some people have $50k to blow on their most likely 4th, 5th, 6th..... vehicle in their fleet and some don't. If the Bronco was a $500k vehicle, I bet that a lot of these people would be complaining about something that they felt that they needed wasn't an option.

I have no issues with those feel that $50k is a purchase price that they should get what they feel they need for their situation.

So, with all due respect, PLEASE Get Off Your High Horse in regards to talking down to those who want some things that are currently that we know of aren't being offered.

(flame suit has been put on, so have at it....)
I think the only way to get everything you want and nothing you don't is going to cost you no matter what it is unless you're ordering a cheeseburger and you see the variances in those.

This Bronco will be the most expensive vehicle I've ever bought at 45k and it will be my DD for years to come. Will I get everything I want, nope but if you throw enough money and aftermarket support I might but I'm happy with what that buys me. Have a bitched a little, probably and sorry, I don't mind hearing others but not much of anything I can do and we all have until December to order or walk away based on those gripes.

Anyrate, forgot what my reply even was other than the Bronco is what it is, if you want something different either buy it or build it and live your life as happy as I plan on living mine.

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
....Bronco's features and capability for $28.5K
Yeah, looks like a good package. Hope we are all happy and sooner instead of later.

Undecided

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Bronco, 2002 Tacoma, 2015 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
With all those compromises why even wait a year, just get a Wrangler now. ?

But seriously now, not a bad point from the OP. I keep feeling a little dissapointed on the trim levels, choices, and pricing... but it is enticing to save $10,000 and get a base model and go aftermarket from there.

Sponsored

Xodric

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Manitoba, Canada ( Born/Raised in Kansas )
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco XLT, 1979 F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Some people have $50k to blow on their most likely 4th, 5th, 6th..... vehicle in their fleet and some don't. If the Bronco was a $500k vehicle, I bet that a lot of these people would be complaining about something that they felt that they needed wasn't an option.

I have no issues with those feel that $50k is a purchase price that they should get what they feel they need for their situation.

So, with all due respect, PLEASE Get Off Your High Horse in regards to talking down to those who want some things that are currently that we know of aren't being offered.

(flame suit has been put on, so have at it....)
As soon as I saw towing capacity mentioned I knew I would see you singing this same song. Lmfao :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe this website needs a "scream into the void" subthread where people can complain and complain about people complaining.
Such a slippery slope! We would then need a sub, sub forum where people can complain about the people complaining about the people complaining!

This is just the beginning of the journey. I fully expect the melt downs and blow back on the melt downs to continue (and become more epic) for the life span of this forum. Actually i don't think there is anything too small, insignificant or repetitive that people will NOT complain about (including complaining about the complaining). Repeatedly. Without pressing the search button or going to the bowels of a sub forum..

However, its not like we don't have the time or thread space to digest it right now! Thanks a lot B&P!

BuckeyeinNV

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am just curious but if you don’t care about the removable roof what is making you want to wait this out for the long run? Just seems like majority of the people are buying this specifically because of removable roof and doors
I would be shocked if most people were here just because of the removable top. This is arguably the most capable off-the-lot off road SUV ever built, it looks amazing, is the only SUV that can be had with 35s, is way better than it's primary competition by most non-off road measures, i.e. faster, better handling, more comfortable ride..... There's just a ton of things to love that have zero to do with the top.

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm getting a kick out of all those formerly rabid Bronco fans and reservation holders now saying they are out whenever a new tidbit is floated.

because:
1. My color isn't offered in my trim: solution-change trim, different color wrap whatever
2. Can't get a manual with 'squatch: go Badlands, auto or wait because Ford is "listening"
3. Don't like the top color: Upgrade to Modular, wait for white wrap or paint
4. No manual with 2.7: Go with the 2.3 which has more power than any previous Bronco or go auto
5. Base 4dr price is for manual: This should make those who were pissed that Base 4dr wasn't available with MT happy, but nooo, just pissed off a bunch of others
6. Grille, headlights, roof rack, hitch(or other minor feature) on my trim isn't the one I want: Swap it out from the Ford parts counter or After market.
7. Towing cap. is too low: Probably shouldn't have been considering the Bronco anyway, get a Ranger or F150, remember most single axle trailers have a GVW of 3500 and you really shouldn't be towing a tandem with a vehicle like a Bronco anyway.
8. Interior isn't to my personal spec: Up trim or remember-this is a mass produced vehicle, there are only going to be a so many choices
9. My trim has/doesn't have carpet/leather/vinyl: change trim, After market
10. B & P isn't out yet: We got time, orders aren't out til; December.

Me, I'm a 2d Base, maybe Sasquatch, up in the air on MT vs AT guy, happy with the MIC top, carpet/fabric, grille, flares and modularity/upgradeability of the Bronco, I may pay for upgrade to Rapid Red . $28.5K for a vehicle with Bronco's features and capability is amazing! I'M IN!
See, you get it. Far as I’m concerned all the fair-weather / fear of missing out folks can go buy a Jeep or Toyota or whatever other turd they’re so in love with. Save stock for real enthusiasts.

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We've waited 25 years for a new Bronco. Most of yall are acting like Veruca Salt......BUT I WANT IT NOW!!!! Everbody breathe deep, its gonna be ok.

Sponsored

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm getting a kick out of all those formerly rabid Bronco fans and reservation holders now saying they are out whenever a new tidbit is floated.

because...
I get the humor of your original post. I only counter that when you are getting to $50K and beyond for a vehicle (like my configuration likely will be), you want as few compromises as possible. I'm not bailing out yet, but at what point does someone decide that they are giving up too much of what they want for what they are paying?

I'm looking at Outer Banks trim. Color choices are fine. Transmission is fine. I have access all the way up to the Lux package. Possible things I may have to compromise on:

1. No power seats (this is a bummer, but not by itself a deal-breaker for me)
2. Hopefully the running boards are tubular and not the rectangular ones we've seen (also a bummer but not a deal-breaker by itself)
3. What color top can I get? Cactus Grey body looks weird with the grey top. White would be my first choice and body-color would also be fine. If molded-in-grey was the only option, this could be an issue. I don't really want to spend more money having to pay a shop to paint the top.
4. Towing capacity. 3,500 is just a bit low. No, I don't want a Ranger or F-150. I would only need to tow some and for not long distances. This issue has been solved by other manufacturers in the segment (see Land Rover, for example). I'm hoping Ford will bump up the number by 500 (workable) or even 1,000 (yay!) pounds. If not, it'll be a bummer having to borrow a family member's vehicle to tow. I'm not rich enough to have a $40,000 vehicle on stand-by for towing. :)

If none of these issues is resolved, I could give up and wait and see if some of these are resolved in year two. If not, I may have missed my window.

Badplaid72

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m with you the only thing I want is mines in Oxford White with the Stainless Steel grill
That sounds so clean! Well played... All our cars are white so I am probably going Orange or Red!

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The funny part is thinking he’s gonna get a 2 door For $28,500

you forgot the $1500 destination fee your not getting around that.

the $100-500 doc fees.

Hard top is gonna be another $1200 ish

auto transmission another grand

$5000 for the Sasquatch on the basic

your $28,500 Bronco is looking more like at least $37,000 I may be a little off on my numbers but they are way closer than $28,500.
And tax (probably), license and other government fees. Although the two-door comes with a hard top. But the auto transmission will be $1,600. That's Ford's price for the 10-speed automatic transmission upgrade from a manual. (See Mustang.)

I'm guessing that when someone starts a "Hate on the I'm Out" crowd post, if he later bails out, it will be a quiet "I'm out". ?

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford's gonna make it all better with 0% financing.