Sponsored

I made some changes, and now I can't lock my doors with the fob or interior buttons

swampdawg

Wildtrak
First Name
Trae
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I don't know if this is related to forscan or if I blew a fuse. After making the changes, I tried reinstalling the "as built" data with the "load factory." I was connected to the internet, and all went as expected. However, when I went to double-check with known values against the changes I had previously made, the changes were still in place. ie double honk and auto start-stop. I did download a version prior to all changes, but that one has a ".ab" file extension as opposed to ".profile." I need some direction. My doors won't lock with the interior buttons or the key fob, and the headlights stay on for five minutes after exiting the vehicle.
Sponsored

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I thought about getting ForScan to get sport mode on my Badlands but things like this are exactly why I haven’t. I know for a fact I would screw something up. My Bronco would probably turn into a Subaru.

OP
OP
swampdawg

swampdawg

Wildtrak
First Name
Trae
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I could use some help with getting Forscan to recognize the .ab file.

OP
OP
swampdawg

swampdawg

Wildtrak
First Name
Trae
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This is a bump post with additional information.

I made some changes to my vehicle, and now my car won't lock or unlock electronically, and the headlights stay on for much longer than they used to. So I went in and tried to load the factory as built using the load factory AB button. It connects and downloads from the internet, but all the previous changes remain. Before making any changes, I downloaded a copy from the Motorcraft website, but the file was downloaded as a ".ab" file and not a ".profile" file.

I really could use some help.

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I made some changes to my vehicle, and now my car won't lock or unlock electronically, and the headlights stay on for much longer than they used to. So I went in and tried to load the factory as built using the load factory AB button. It connects and downloads from the internet, but all the previous changes remain. Before making any changes, I downloaded a copy from the Motorcraft website, but the file was downloaded as a ".ab" file and not a ".profile" file.

Message sent

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Good morning! I'd be happy to look into your Bronco's electronic concern. Feel free to send over a private message with your VIN and dealership information at your earliest convenience.

Espy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger XLT Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Good morning! I'd be happy to look into your Bronco's electronic concern. Feel free to send over a private message with your VIN and dealership information at your earliest convenience.
Ford Bronco I made some changes, and now I can't lock my doors with the fob or interior buttons 1675264599843

Gassyjack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would gladly trade some of this software and high tech in these vehicles for low tech and reliability. Personally I would go as far as crank windows and mechanical door locks on an off road vehicle.

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

RhodeIslandRed

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
TD5 Defenders
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You can download the as-built files through motorcraft. Flash that file onto your rig and you are back at factory.

Dig around in the forums on this site. It's all in there.

Sponsored

LT. DAN ICE CREAM!!!

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oddly enough, I had this issue after my dealership installed a new door module and didn't program it. Most of the blocks in the AsBuilt file were all 0000, so I had to manually enter the data using the AsBuilt data from https://www.motorcraftservice.com/AsBuilt . Once that was done, I cross referenced the data in the 740-xx-xx blocks (which is the DDM) and changed whatever didn't match the AsBuilt data.

Haelous

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Either this account is a bot or this is some 9000 IQ trolling.

OP
OP
swampdawg

swampdawg

Wildtrak
First Name
Trae
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You can download the as-built files through motorcraft. Flash that file onto your rig and you are back at factory.

Dig around in the forums on this site. It's all in there.
I've looked and searched here and on other forums. I just need to convert the .ab file to a .profile. Forscan isn't recognizing the .ab file. It is only allowing a .profile extension.

LT. DAN ICE CREAM!!!

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've looked and searched here and on other forums. I just need to convert the .ab file to a .profile. Forscan isn't recognizing the .ab file. It is only allowing a .profile extension.
That should be easy. Right click on the .ab file and rename it to a .profile extension.

OP
OP
swampdawg

swampdawg

Wildtrak
First Name
Trae
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Update. As generous as the offer Ford made was, which I do appreciate, I have not taken them up on the offer. With some great help from this forum and others, I was able to get my key fob to lock and unlock as expected. There are some lingering issues such as forscan not seeing all the modules, but for now, I am done wracking my brain. Thanks again for the help. If there are any ideas on why forscan isn't seeing the modules DM me, please.
Sponsored