Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Right, the base radio, and I really don't care that much about audio quality, but it's pretty bad. I've driven a lot of rental cars and I'm trying to think of one that sounds that bad. It is loud enough......I've had the top off and it's definitely loud (louder than the Jeep), just not good.
I love everything about the Bronco except
….the radio sucks big-time! more than anything I’ve ever heard! It is Loud though!
It just sounds like a really loud AM radio!!!
Sponsored

QuesoBob

Black Diamond
First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Black Diamond, 20 Gladiator Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I traded a 2 door JL for my 4 door Bronco

We now also have a Rubicon Gladiator as my wife's new daily. I've had an XJ and KL.. I've never been a fan of Ford.

I loved my JL so much.. but would trade it again any day of the week for the Bronco. Hell.. I'd trade the Rubicon for the Bronco if I had to be honest.

274738850_659880868660366_6117390952113439085_n.jpg

336597097_165096549736804_5137759496889039566_n.jpg

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey, I actually live in Mount Pleasant and had a Jeep not too long before my Bronco as well. Glad to see you're enjoying yours! I'd love to do a little off-roading with mine in the near future. I'm still relatively new to the area so I haven't checked out any of the local offerings yet.

OP
OP

AJKitebrder40

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco Badlands 2D SAS, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is critical! I ultimately went with the 4 door for family reasons but it was still a tough call. I think for a huge portion of Bronco owners (at least 4 door buyers), there was legitimate cross shopping between the 2 door and 4 door because the 2 door isn't insufferably small, and the 4 door Bronco has a tighter wheelbase than the 4 door Wrangler. Wrangler buyers are forced to greater extremes of either choice. Clown car or limousine.
Completely agree with this, the 2 door Bronco seems to slot in as the perfect size.

OP
OP

AJKitebrder40

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, Hydro is a great color, it was between Hydro and Sarge Green for me, since it was a Rubicon something about Sarge Green and red didn't work. I like Eruption Green a lot better than Sarge Green, but the Hydro is a great color. Good luck, and you will have no issue selling the JL i/fwhen a Bronco comes a calling.

Sponsored
OP
OP

AJKitebrder40

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I meant to ask what your plans are for your keep now.
The JL went to Carvana on Wednesday, $45,700 with 13,500 miles on it. Bought it new (8% below invoice) for $42,500 in November 2021. Luckily I live in SC and sales tax is capped at $500 so no big loss there, and I probably put $3k in it (Armorlite flooring, Bartact seat covers, Bumper/winch). I'm ok with that split.

mikej

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Badlands, JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My wife bought a 2 door Badlands about a month ago. My 4dr JL hasn’t been driven at all in that time as I keep stealing her Bronco. The Bronco is so much better on road and the 2 door is a great size. It can’t quite hold as much as the Jeep, but I also have drawers and a shelf in the rear of the Jeep that take up a lot of space.

Gnomad

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base 2 dr, 7MT EG
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

upgrade the dashboard speakers and you'll find the stock radio sounds much better, unless you are using Spotify as your music source. I doubt anything will help that.

Justb211

Raptor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I have a similar thread to a few previous regarding the manual transmission, but here goes. Background - I've basically had Jeeps since I started driving, XJ, JKU. I test drove the Bronco in May of 2021 and really liked it and put in a reservation. My '07 JKU was on it's last leg (transmission, oil leak, cat issues), and so....since I ordered from a small town dealer I figured I wouldn't receive it before the JK croaked and bought a '21 JLUR (8% below invoice, manual, hard top). I kept my reservation just in case, and moved from '21 to '22 and in the interim, I got a inkling to have a 2 door. I test drove the 2 door JL and it was just too small for all of my sports (surf, mtb, etc.) and honestly I don't love the JK/JL in a 2 door. The Bronco however, I love the size and dimensions of a 2 door, so I figured what the hell I'll change my reservation to a 2 door Sasquatch and I doubt it will ever get built.

Fast forward to the last day before the $2500 credit to change, etc. came out (I actually got the e-mail to change my order), and I get scheduled. My dealer (Walterboro Ford) who by the way has been awesome to deal with - said I had price protection with a rebate of $2496 even after switching. I love my JLUR, I've off roaded it quite a bit around the Carolinas, and it's been flawless. So...I figured I'd test drive it and then let the dealer sell it.

I test drive it and I'm not one who thinks the Jeep (especially the JL) is difficult or wandering to drive, maybe I'm just used to it. With that said, the Bronco beats it in every way possible, but especially the 7MT. The clutch has a firm engagement, the gears are properly spaced, the crawl gear is perfect, it's so much fun to drive. Factor in it's a 2 door and I had a decision to make. So, I actually bought it and compared the two for 3 days....that's all it took.

The big takeaways/advantages on the Bronco is that the 2 door is a great size to get into a 2 door. I can still fit pretty much everything I want in and on top of it. Second - again, it's just flat out more fun to drive with the manual compared to the JL (luckily I haven't had grinding yet and live in a warm climate if that helps). Basically, when everyone says Ford benchmarked the Jeep and made it just a bit better, that is 100% accurate, the tailgate, marine grade vinyl, washout interior, everything is just better. I am still a bit heistant on the electronics in the Bronco especially the e-brake and transfer case, but the GOAT modes are pretty nice to have. I used mud/ruts this weekend quite a bit.

For anyone that is on the beach or sand a lot (200+ days a year) I fill the back of my vehicle with sandy gear non-stop and so far, the washout drains have worked really well. In closing, For an official pros/cons list between JL and Bronco here goes:

Bronco wins at: 2 door size/looks, manual transmission, steering/overall feel, seats, washout interior, I actually like the interior better than the red in the Rubicon, headlights (LED is nice), options (a 7MT with 35's in a 2 door doesn't happen from the factory with Jeep).

Jeep wins at: aftermarket availability, winch capability,and radio (it really does suck in the Bronco, although it is louder than the Jeep, just sounds not great).

Let me know if are in a similar boat and have questions.

Ford Bronco I made the switch (Jeep to Bronco) 336597097_165096549736804_5137759496889039566_n

Ford Bronco I made the switch (Jeep to Bronco) 336597097_165096549736804_5137759496889039566_n
My wife waited a year and a half for hers to be built and eventually she picked up a 2 door black diamond with sasquatch and the 2.7 from another dealer that had it on the lot for MSRP. It is leaps and bounds better than the Jeep I had. I had 2012 JKU 4 door that I raced and her Bronco handles better than the jeep ever did. Yes the speakers sucked on her mid package, so I changed them to Kicker KS all around and put a kicker 8" into the sub box with an amp and it sounds amazing. She knew I was eyeing her Bronco and when I went to pick up clips for her interior panels when putting the sub in, she told me to check out a Braptor at the dealer I was at. So unplanned I wound up getting it, but her after market stereo sounds way better than the B&O system in the Raptor.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Nothing will ever beat the simplicity of my 97 Jeep Wrangler Sport I had to sell when I got my Bronco. It had only 35K miles and I sold it for 20K right away. I loved that Wrangler- it was one of 4 TJ's I owned total. I love the Bronco but the complexity of the engine, sensors all over has me wondering how reliable it will be, how much for repairs, etc. in time and after the warranty runs out. Time will tell.

Sponsored

G-Waggin

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac SRX
Your Bronco Model
Base
Nothing will ever beat the simplicity of my 97 Jeep Wrangler Sport I had to sell when I got my Bronco. It had only 35K miles and I sold it for 20K right away. I loved that Wrangler- it was one of 4 TJ's I owned total. I love the Bronco but the complexity of the engine, sensors all over has me wondering how reliable it will be, how much for repairs, etc. in time and after the warranty runs out. Time will tell.

If you only put 35K miles on the Bronco, it'll probably be reliable for 26 years.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yep, I still have my 98 TJ. Great vehicle lots of fun. I don't know why so many people are complaining about not fitting into a Wrangler. Then again the obesity rate in the USA has hit around 40% yikes.

Greystone

Base
First Name
D.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Base
I switched from a 4dr JK to a 4dr base Bronco. I miss the Jeep, but I am very satisfied with the Bronco. The family unanimously prefers the Bronco, they say it is a much better ride, easier to enter/exit, and they love the open top with no roll bar in the way. The handling issues and the ride of the JK never bothered me. What did bother me was the rocker arm and cylinder head failures at 100,000 miles. I am counting on the Bronco to be much more reliable. Overall, I am very happy with the Bronco. Although I still love Wranglers I would still make the switch to a Bronco if I could do it all over again.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yep, I still have my 98 TJ. Great vehicle lots of fun. I don't know why so many people are complaining about not fitting into a Wrangler. Then again the obesity rate in the USA has hit around 40% yikes.
This is so true- unfortunately and maybe why vehicles have gotten so big. I wish I still had my 97 TJ. Perfect size vehicle for driving in general and especially 4 wheeling. I remember when after 2006 the last year of the TJ the JK came out in 2007. I was excited about the reveal....then I checked one out and it was HUGE! Never liked them right up until this day. But love those TJ's. And I fit in them fine being tall with very long legs. And there are a lot of vehicles I do not fit in due to my long legs- Toyota Tacoma being one.
Sponsored