First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you only put 35K miles on the Bronco, it'll probably be reliable for 26 years.
LOL I was the second owner of the TJ. It had only 18K when I bought it in 2018. It was so perfect- a time capsule. So I drove it 17K over the four years I owned it. About the same I will drive the Bronco- 4K miles a year. The Bronco better be reliable- my intention is to give it to my son when I move on to my next life. He loves the Bronco more than I do even. I told him he better keep it forever and bring it to car shows when he is my age, 65!
Sponsored

MooseNut

Badlands
First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I made the switch today... In Canada... great trade-in value for a '19 Jeep Wrangler Sahara with 30K miles... for a new Badlands... love the switch and zero regrets

RallyGorgo

Badlands
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Iā€™m picking up my 2-dr BL this week and canā€™t wait to get it home to do a good side-by-side comparison to my ā€˜06 Wrangled Unlimited Rubicon! I need to sell the LJR at some point but Iā€™ve been wanting to do this comparison. I bought the LJR early last year, took it off-road once, loved it, but just havenā€™t made time for more. Anyway, the specs make them look fairly similar but itā€™s details that make the difference.
Ford Bronco I made the switch (Jeep to Bronco) IMG_5524
Ford Bronco I made the switch (Jeep to Bronco) IMG_3143

Imaginary Friend

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and a Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
As of today, I'm not sure if I'll ever get into a Bronco. When I wanted to order and buy, Ford wouldn't allow ordering of what I wanted, which was a 2-door base Sasquatch with cloth seats and the 2.3/auto. So, I ordered my JL Rubi as a placeholder. Since, Ford killed the base, and now my choices are either a Big Bend or Black diamond with vinyl seats. I'm pretty lukewarm about my current Bronco options, and have grown to love the JL since I got it in May....

Yep, I still have my 98 TJ. Great vehicle lots of fun. I don't know why so many people are complaining about not fitting into a Wrangler. Then again the obesity rate in the USA has hit around 40% yikes.
I'm 6'-1" and built like a linebacker, but I have never had an issue fitting into a 2-door Wrangler (had two TJs and JKs previously). They require a little more contortions to get into the tub than most vehicles, but I don't get the gripes otherwise. To me they've always been the right size for what I use them for as well.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As of today, I'm not sure if I'll ever get into a Bronco. When I wanted to order and buy, Ford wouldn't allow ordering of what I wanted, which was a 2-door base Sasquatch with cloth seats and the 2.3/auto. So, I ordered my JL Rubi as a placeholder. Since, Ford killed the base, and now my choices are either a Big Bend or Black diamond with vinyl seats. I'm pretty lukewarm about my current Bronco options, and have grown to love the JL since I got it in May....
Iā€™m curious why you werenā€™t looking at a Badlands if you got a Rubicon.

Sponsored

Imaginary Friend

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and a Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Iā€™m curious why you werenā€™t looking at a Badlands if you got a Rubicon.
I was once being unable to order a base Sas dragged on long enough, and I never guessed the trim would be killed altogether for '24. And now the 2-door Badlands isn't available with the 2.3/auto.

Last edited:

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ā€˜16 Corvette Z51
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Iā€™m picking up my 2-dr BL this week and canā€™t wait to get it home to do a good side-by-side comparison to my ā€˜06 Wrangled Unlimited Rubicon! I need to sell the LJR at some point but Iā€™ve been wanting to do this comparison. I bought the LJR early last year, took it off-road once, loved it, but just havenā€™t made time for more. Anyway, the specs make them look fairly similar but itā€™s details that make the difference.
LJR is my favorite Jeep, XJ 2nd place. Here in Metro Atlanta, JLRs fetch a pretty penny.

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI VW EOS GMC Envoy Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Fast forward to the last day before the $2500 credit to change, etc. came out (I actually got the e-mail to change my order), and I get scheduled. My dealer (Walterboro Ford) who by the way has been awesome to deal with - said I had price protection with a rebate of $2496 even after switching. I love my JLUR, I've off roaded it quite a bit around the Carolinas, and it's been flawless. So...I figured I'd test drive it and then let the dealer sell it.
congrats on getting what you wanted! I never owned a jeep but always like them. I test drove a couple and rented for vacations on 3 seperate occasions. One time was a new JL 4 door that had some of the worst fit and finish I have ever seen. I know what these trucks are used for and did not expect luxury, but this truck was hot garbage. The interior trim pieces were so far off from lining up with each other it was laughable, the first bump in the road the vanity mirror lighted portion fell out of the visor. Stuff like that and the ride quality was a reason I never pulled the trigger.

The other two jeeps were better in build quality than that one, but I just could not convince myself this makes a good daily driver.

Hope you enjoy the truck

Imaginary Friend

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and a Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'd keep that LJR...
Sponsored