Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I ordered a non sas 2 dr BB. Plan was to replace the tires with 33" AT's, swap the wheels, get the 4.27 axle, And get some kind of small lift - maybe BL shocks and springs.

I really don't need sas, but I'm not sure I'm up for the hassle of all of these mods. I can see myself giving in and changing my order to include sas.

I'm a late July res, so I'll probably see some 2 door sas's around before mine goes to build. Seeing one may put me over the edge.

Curious how others are dealing with this - Pull the trigger on getting a Sas even though you don't need it? Or sticking to your plan to mod it to a "mini sas" level?
Sponsored

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I ordered a non sas 2 dr BB. Plan was to replace the tires with 33" AT's, swap the wheels, get the 4.27 axle, And get some kind of small lift - maybe BL shocks and springs.

I really don't need sas, but I'm not sure I'm up for the hassle of all of these mods. I can see myself giving in and changing my order to include sas.

I'm a late July res, so I'll probably see some 2 door sas's around before mine goes to build. Seeing one may put me over the edge.

Curious how others are dealing with this - Pull the trigger on getting a Sas even though you don't need it? Or sticking to your plan to mod it to a "mini sas" level?
I have a non-sas BD ordered now, but I bounce around daily between adding Sas to it or dropping down to a Sas BB. Deciding on engine is a problem as well. Such is life.

OP
OP
ronstar

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have a non-sas BD ordered now, but I bounce around daily between adding Sas to it or dropping down to a Sas BB. Deciding on engine is a problem as well. Such is life.
Good to know that others are having similar decisions even after ordering.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm a manual 2-door BD. Plan on upping to 33's on the stock steel wheels when the factory tires wear out and probably add the locking front diff if the aftermarket provides a fully integrated kit (i.e. software update). Not sure Sas is needed where I go off road.

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sticking with BaseSquatch for now. Aug res.
Maybe MY22 will bring other options such as a miniSquatch or Squatch lite, considering how popular the Squatch option is. Ford's difficulty in fulfilling Squatch orders and it's impact on the fuel economy, could make lighter options a reality.

Sponsored

UncleBuck

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ranger XLT 4.0L - 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you’re going to do all that work anyway, I’d just get sas to not deal with the hassle, wrap your upgrades into your monthly payment, and be covered by warranty for sure.

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah if you’re doing wheels tires shocks and springs definitely go sas.

Personally I’m going BD and either acquiring BL takeoffs or just swapping in new wheels and 33” tires. I like the look of 33s vs 35s.

Granger Ford said they are planning on doing some kind of buy back program if you let them do the aftermarket wheels but no details or promises yet. I’ll go with the stock wheels until options become less murky.

imnewtothis

Badlands
First Name
Haramol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I decided to go SAS...at the end of the day getting all of that from factory with warranty is huge.
Plus looking at discussions by pros on other B6G threads....the price for what you get out of SAS is really good.

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Id consider a lower trimmed model before giving up the SAMQUANCH package

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

After adding the 4.27 (and forced advanced transfer case and automatic), you are less then $5000 from Badlands. Partially swapping the suspension, additional lift, tires, gears, etc. You are going to spend more getting to 'almost' Badlands then actually getting one. Hell, if you go Badlands and stay with a manual transmission you will get 4.7 gears, 33" tires you'll be ahead of the game and can pay it off over time.

Edit; was still typing before OP changed their mind

Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are you really talking shocks and springs, or coilovers like the Bronco comes with Sasquatch?

Redoing a suspension along with wheels and tires while paying for the truck is an expensive proposition if the idea was to save money.

If you're not planning to wheel the Bronco, sure, some money can be saved. However, if you plan to get on some dirt, the Sasquatch package is a really good deal for either a high level stage 1 or low level stage 2 kit (stage 2 if Badlands I'm guessing). Squatch is priced very competitively.

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m still unclear. I thought the FE and WT had SAS stock, and everything else was non SAS, but SAS capable.
But the Badlands has some sort of lift also?

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m still unclear. I thought the FE and WT had SAS stock, and everything else was non SAS, but SAS capable.
But the Badlands has some sort of lift also?
The "lift" on a Badlands remains unclear on a Squatch. Yes, Squatch is standard on WT and FE.

Badlands suspension has other upgraded bits and the sway bar disconnect. Think the front locker is Badlands as well. Again, Badlands should be considered as at least stage 1.

Mickey21

Wildtrak
First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Wildtrak (Race Red)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I knew when I waited this long for the truck, that I would NOT settle on anything I wanted to have on it I could have. Hence, I am going in on a truck I intend to always keep the way I WANT it to be and have no regrets. Luckily life is good enough to me to allow for this to be the case, but that took planning as well.
Sponsored

Last edited: