indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Getting a Bronco without the 35s if you’re into off-roading seems absolutely bonkers to me. This is the first production vehicle to offer a 35” tire, suspension, and gearing package from the factory... and it’s reasonably priced to boot.

I know this sounds harsh but I almost feel like if someone doesn’t order the 35s, why are they buying a Bronco?

And if you’re buying a Bronco without 35s and plan to add them later, I think that’s just plain crazy. :)
Not sure what kind of off-roading you do, but plenty of people off-road with tires smaller than 35" no problem. A better question might be, what's up with folks buying Sas, who will never actually use the Sas functionalities.
Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Its the damn front axle upgrade thats the killer. Even if the 190 is strong. I dont want it if the 210 is available. Because I dont want to have something that may be a weak point. So I either have to wait for mansquatch or wait and save for s stripper badlands.
Hehe, so bad...

👽🥳

DrStrange

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Ford F100, Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ordered a non sas 2 dr BB. Plan was to replace the tires with 33" AT's, swap the wheels, get the 4.27 axle, And get some kind of small lift - maybe BL shocks and springs.

I really don't need sas, but I'm not sure I'm up for the hassle of all of these mods. I can see myself giving in and changing my order to include sas.

I'm a late July res, so I'll probably see some 2 door sas's around before mine goes to build. Seeing one may put me over the edge.

Curious how others are dealing with this - Pull the trigger on getting a Sas even though you don't need it? Or sticking to your plan to mod it to a "mini sas" level?
Badlands is like Sasquatch on 33s. (Actually it's more than sas because it has the sway bar disconnect, advanced 4x4, and bash plates). Because Sasquatch needs the automatic, according to the build&price, BB+Sasquatch is more $$ than a manual BL. And if you add the beadlock wheels to BL it's basically the same price.

35s look better, but I think 33s will be better for off-roading (or at least the kind of off-roading we do out west in deserts and mountains). Yeah 35s will be better on the Rubicon and trails like that, but I don't really want to take a shiny new car on a trail where I could bash it up. Also 33s should give more range for overlanding and will also probably be faster in the desert.

When my Bronco is older, then maybe I'll get a lift and 37s and head for the rocks. But before then, my BL on 33s is going to get way deeper into the backcountry than most Sasquatches :cool:

TD723

Base
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ram 1500, 2017 Jeep JKU
Your Bronco Model
Base
Going with a base sas and planning on an additional lift and changing out the wheels and tires. At first financially it doesn’t make any sense, but the 210 front axle, front and rear lockers are what I really want. And I’m hoping one of you guys will buy my take off parts? 😉

Sponsored

Jelly81Raider

Base
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD
Your Bronco Model
Base
I ordered a non sas 2 dr BB. Plan was to replace the tires with 33" AT's, swap the wheels, get the 4.27 axle, And get some kind of small lift - maybe BL shocks and springs.

I really don't need sas, but I'm not sure I'm up for the hassle of all of these mods. I can see myself giving in and changing my order to include sas.

I'm a late July res, so I'll probably see some 2 door sas's around before mine goes to build. Seeing one may put me over the edge.

Curious how others are dealing with this - Pull the trigger on getting a Sas even though you don't need it? Or sticking to your plan to mod it to a "mini sas" level?
I was struggling with this decision as well. For me, it ultimately came down to - if I get sas, I probably won’t have any second thoughts. If I don’t get it, every time I see a sas Bronco, the thought would still creep in that maybe I should’ve just gone for it.

To each their own tho.

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have always been a MT fan, feel like I have more control and if you enjoy the act of driving then for my money manual transmission is the only way to go. I wanted larger tires and some beefier suspension so Ford made the decision for me months ago. Badlands with manual transmission and 33" mudders. Would probably have gone for the Squatch and 2.7 if it weren't for the manual, but when I owned a JK once upon a time, I was talked into the practicality of an automatic transmission and I regretted it everyday I owned it. Rather refreshing having such clarity this time around. One thing I sure as hell know is that I am not delaying my new vehicle until 2022 to get the manual sasquatch if I can help it (which I know I can't). Hopefully a July 18th reservation will get me one this year.

Wickspick

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

I was fortunate to meet a local off roader in a parking lot one day and he was especially knowledgeable about what we need versus what we get. SPEND THE MONEY and avoid paying later the same, if not more later. Always take 35’s and a 4.7 with better shocks if it is the same price, which it is. He then asked if I wanted to buy a set of 33’s, because he just upgraded axles, tires and suspension to accommodate 35’s!!!! Convinced me.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

There are more stories where people upgraded to bigger tires than down in size.

olooney

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
non ford
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

I have not placed my order yet. Have you been specifically told that you could make changes to your order up until your productions date?

Sponsored
OP
OP
ronstar

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I was struggling with this decision as well. For me, it ultimately came down to - if I get sas, I probably won’t have any second thoughts. If I don’t get it, every time I see a sas Bronco, the thought would still creep in that maybe I should’ve just gone for it.

To each their own tho.
You bring up a good point in “every time I see a Bronco...”

That’s just it. If I could see a 2 dr BL, a 2 dr BB sas, and a 2 dr BB in person, I’m sure that the decision would be easier.

Seeing them in pics is one thing, but we’re going to be living with these Broncos for a long time. I need to see them in person. I saw the black 2 dr BL at supercel east. I need to stalk a Sasquatch.

Good thing that my order probably won’t go to build before I see early deliveries hit the streets.

OP
OP
ronstar

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have not placed my order yet. Have you been specifically told that you could make changes to your order up until your productions date?
Yes. The dealer email at order said that I could change options up until build time.

TenSeven

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Same thing happened to me.

Last July, I liked the overall idea of the Wildtrak, that is the trim I reserved. Then the pics of the WT interior were released. Oh my, noooo way, totally unacceptable for me. I'm out.

Converted my reservsation to an order of a non-Sas Badlands. I had seen the KOH videos of the non-Sas BL doing their thing and knew that would be more that plenty for me.

But...

After a week of "You're gonna regret it, get Sas!... You're gonna regret it, get Sas!... You're gonna regret it, get Sas!..." picking away at the back of my mind, I upped my order to add Sasquatch.

Of course now I'm having the same problem with the Velocity Blue paint I ordered. Don't I really want Area 51? Aaaaarrrrghhh...

nminus1

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Duramax, Trailblazer, and Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base

Late July Res? Your not getting one until 2022 for sure. Shat should give you plenty of time to make up your mind

OP
OP
ronstar

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Late July Res? Your not getting one until 2022 for sure. Shat should give you plenty of time to make up your mind
Dealer said I had a slight chance at a 21. But I’m prepared for getting a 22. You’re right - I should have plenty of time to decide.
Sponsored

Last edited: