BroncoFish

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3; 2022 Land Rover Defender 110
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
did you have to pay over MSRP also? i ordered one not too long ago while i still wait for my day 1 Res, but every dealer that has then are marked up like crazy
No, our dealer was adamant about no mark ups on NEW vehicles. I'm a car dork and on a bunch of Land Rover blogs. Consensus is that there are VERY few LR dealers in the US who will mark up on your new Defender. Nothing like the Ford dealer mess. HOWEVER, LR dealers have been seriously marking up USED Defenders, including the dealer I purchased from. But new special orders, no.
Sponsored

Last edited:

whitmack1

Outer Banks
First Name
Whit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜16 Sahara JKU / '18 4Runner TRD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
A8F6AA14-EBAC-40A3-B628-5F307E44D2F0.jpeg

While going on 1 year and 7 months since my Bronco reservation, with no build date in sight, Iā€™ve absolutely loved my Bronco alternative - 2022 Defender 110 with the turbo 4 cylinder.

Price on this rig was just a hair more expensive than my Bronco build. Since I picked up end of October 2021, Iā€™ve put on 11k miles driving up and back to Toronto, New Mexico, and multiple times to Big Bend to hit the more challenging off-road trails. These things feels so solid compared to Jeeps and new full size Broncos Iā€™ve driven. And I havenā€™t had a single problem or a single light come on. Despite TFLā€™s problems with a 2020 4 cylinder, mine feels very capable with power and torque and with zero problems (perhaps a reason not to get a first MY).

And no I donā€™t work for Land Rover, just have been so pleased with this phenomenal rig ā˜ŗ.
looks awesome, and I don't blame you. I drove an '04 Disco for the better part of 12 years and loved it. Every time I pass an older model discovery, I feel a little regret bubble up.

OP
OP

BroncoFish

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Sorry but you arenā€™t hitting ā€œmore challengingā€ trails with those mall crawler wheels.
I agree with you on the wheels but look close. I think I see Duratracs on her. Not too shabby off road.
The wheels are 19" and yes with Goodyear Wranger Duratracs that I threw on. Very capable off-road and still ride pretty well on-road while being relatively quiet. But obviously for pure off-roading don't quite compare to the 35s on squatched Broncos.

Erick2123

Badlands
First Name
Erick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Acura TLX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's fair and you're not completely wrong. I got a base no-frills model with just enough off-roading features that I need and with coil springs for reliability. Then threw on some chunkier Goodyear Wranger Duratracs. Might eventually also put on a lift. All cheaper ways to make an incresinbl

No, our dealer was adamant about no mark ups on NEW vehicles. I'm a car dork and on a bunch of Land Rover blogs. Consensus is that there are VERY few LR dealers in the US who will mark up on your new Defender. Nothing like the Ford dealer mess. HOWEVER, LR dealers have been seriously marking up USED Defenders, including the dealer I purchased from. But new special orders, no.
yea i just found one in dallas dealer mark up is 25k LMAO, Los angeles has a few too but there mark up is 15K. said no thanks ill wait and just order via factory. what dealer did you order from if you dont mind me asking id like to give em a call if they got anything coming soon. ld love to keep my badlands but so far FORD has been the worse buying experience.

GotGOAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Are we supposed to roast you because of the Tesla or the Rover?

Instructions unclear.
Love your user name. I canā€™t believe you didnā€™t insert a memeā€¦missed opportunity.

Iā€™m happy for OP and itā€™s a great ride.

Sponsored

omega145

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon Recon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think it looks fantastic and I bet it drives better as a daily over a Bronco or a Jeep. But the reason why I have a Wrangler while having a pre-order for a Bronco is to take the top and doors off as other people have alluded to. Not sure why someone would cross shop either vehicle. If you don't care about a removable top and doors then there are many other better vehicles out there.

OP
OP

BroncoFish

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hah, I literally just purchased the exact same vehicle this past weekend- 6-cylinder version. Got tired of waiting (day 2 reservation holder). What size tires did you put on it? Canā€™t tell in the picture. Hope it performs as good as it looks!
After I took delivery, I threw on some 255/65R19 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs. They have been incredibly capable for where I take the rig off-road. And they are still pretty quiet and ride smoothly on-road. However, their maximum speed rating is only 99 mph.

DFNMAN

Base
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' 2dr, 15' M3, 07' FJ, 03' M3, 79' 928
Your Bronco Model
Base
I saw a 2 door yesterday. It made me glad I got my Bronco in January, or else I would have waited longer for my Bronco. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP

BroncoFish

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
yea i just found one in dallas dealer mark up is 25k LMAO, Los angeles has a few too but there mark up is 15K. said no thanks ill wait and just order via factory. what dealer did you order from if you dont mind me asking id like to give em a call if they got anything coming soon. ld love to keep my badlands but so far FORD has been the worse buying experience.
Land Rover Austin. They were and are amazing to deal with. No ADM on special order new Defenders. HOWEVER, any used Defenders on their lot will most likely be marked up, like most LR dealers. Also last when I talked to the dealer, Defender orders are unfortunately insanely backed up right now...:cry:

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

While going on 1 year and 7 months since my Bronco reservation, with no build date in sight, Iā€™ve absolutely loved my Bronco alternative - 2022 Defender 110 with the turbo 4 cylinder.

Price on this rig was just a hair more expensive than my Bronco build. Since I picked up end of October 2021, Iā€™ve put on 11k miles driving up and back to Toronto, New Mexico, and multiple times to Big Bend to hit the more challenging off-road trails. These things feels so solid compared to Jeeps and new full size Broncos Iā€™ve driven. And I havenā€™t had a single problem or a single light come on. Despite TFLā€™s problems with a 2020 4 cylinder, mine feels very capable with power and torque and with zero problems (perhaps a reason not to get a first MY).

And no I donā€™t work for Land Rover, just have been so pleased with this phenomenal rig ā˜ŗ.
Whose got the nails, I got the CrossšŸ¤£

enjoy the ride, trying to get my dad to get one instead of the Range Rover

Sponsored

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Looks great. I'd seriously consider one if I weren't waiting on a Bronco and have a low mileage, relatively new Tacoma in the driveway. Congrats.

BroncoDymond88

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It's ugly. Enjoy!

wetdog

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have a bunch of snarky stuff to post ,but you got something in your driveway and I'm 500 almost 600 days out with nothing.
Enjoy your ride in good healthšŸ‘

Erik B

Black Diamond
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
67 IIA 109, 75 CJ5, 61 Hawk, 54 Starlight,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not gonna lie, the all black versions are down right sexy.

It would be my luck to get a lemon, a risk Iā€™m not willing to take.

Itā€™s a beautiful vehicle though, congrats!
No luck involved at all, it seems this guy got the one that is actually holding together past 10 thousand miles. So you would be right at 100 percent lemon probability if you purchased.

Elwood

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The desk in my home office
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How do you feel about the 4 cylinder, power-wise? Did you do a Johnson Rod lift to get those tires to fit?

I feel like I'd be so particular with my Defender build, and if I went 4cyl, I'd need the steelies, white roof, mud flaps, etc. To me the fun of the Defender is the uniqueness that comes with it with certain options.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.