Sponsored

I moved since I placed my order, I plan to travel back to the original state to pick up the car, but do I pay tax twice?

Ares

First Name
Fox
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
the delivery state has a 6% sales tax, The state I am in now has an advalorem tax that is either 6.6% for new vehicles, or 4% for new residents...

Can I just give my new address and pay the 6.6% one time?
Sponsored

REIMANOV

Base
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BaseSquatch, 2009 Nissan Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

the delivery state has a 6% sales tax, The state I am in now has an advalorem tax that is either 6.6% for new vehicles, or 4% for new residents...

Can I just give my new address and pay the 6.6% one time?
This all depends if the state you buy it in makes you pay tax at time of purchase. In most cases you only pay tax where you register the vehicle. However, in some states (like here in California), you CA tax at purchase, regardless of where you register the vehicle. Which is unfortunate in my instance because I’m purchasing here but registering in FL.

OP
OP
Ares

Ares

First Name
Fox
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This all depends if the state you buy it in makes you pay tax at time of purchase. In most cases you only pay tax where you register the vehicle. However, in some states (like here in California), you CA tax at purchase, regardless of where you register the vehicle. Which is unfortunate in my instance because I’m purchasing here but registering in FL.
any resources to show which states are like that?

REIMANOV

Base
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BaseSquatch, 2009 Nissan Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

any resources to show which states are like that?
Also, if you call your dealer they should be able to find the answers for you. They work on out of state deals all the time đź‘Ť

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have purchased several cars out of state while living in AZ and MA. Both AZ and MA will collect tax if it wasn’t collected at time of purchase, or require that the tax paid out of state is at least equal to what they would charge you. Buying in CA at 7.75% was more than the 7.6% where I lived in AZ, so no tax due. Buying in NV with no tax collected resulted in me writing a check when registering. You shouldn’t get taxed double.
Sponsored