First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura 2020/2022 ILX, 2017 RDX
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So driving into work this morning around 6:30, glance in my review mirror and a frigging white UFO comes up behind me and nearly burned out my retinas. It was a frigging white Jeep jacked up with his lights, fog lights, roof lightbar and both spotlights on full tilt. Keep in mind that this is a two lane suburban road (50 mph) with no fog whatsoever and dozen cars on it. Even right next to and just behind me I couldn't concentrate on the road and nearly missed my turn.

So my clarification question, is the guy cool because he can? is he a d&*k because he did? or is he a rule breaker because he shouldn't?

Please enlighten me...
Sponsored

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

In NJ, he would be points 2 & 3. First and foremost, rule breaker. Anything above the hood line should not be lit unless it's the lights on a plow (unless things have changed since I last checked). And he's just a DICK for running all those lights.

Personally, I feel the 75% of new cars have either lights that are too bright or just not properly pointed in the right direction. Keep in mind, I'm also old, but seriously, any car that blinds me is an A$$hole!! This guy, definitely falls in the dick category!

Ford Bronco I need an etiquette clarification... 1610399394526

Ford Bronco I need an etiquette clarification... 1610399414178

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So driving into work this morning around 6:30, glance in my review mirror and a frigging white UFO comes up behind me and nearly burned out my retinas. It was a frigging white Jeep jacked up with his lights, fog lights, roof lightbar and both spotlights on full tilt. Keep in mind that this is a two lane suburban road (50 mph) with no fog whatsoever and dozen cars on it. Even right next to and just behind me I couldn't concentrate on the road and nearly missed my turn.

So my clarification question, is the guy cool because he can? is he a d&*k because he did? or is he a rule breaker because he shouldn't?

Please enlighten me...
I'd go with 2 and 3. Or maybe he just doesn't know how to wire his shit.

Sponsored

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Agreed, nothing above the bumper should be illuminated on the road and people have no clue about headlight aim, particularly lifted Jeeps in my experience. No fish bat for me, I am often armed in my vehicle, purely defensive. Lot's of other armed people too, don't get out of your vehicle and challenge anyone, ever, not worth it!. Interesting thing about have a concealed pistol permit, it has made me very, very passive and forgiving on the road.

OP
OP
jkburg

jkburg

First Edition
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura 2020/2022 ILX, 2017 RDX
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
In NJ, he would be points 2 & 3. First and foremost, rule breaker. Anything above the hood line should not be lit unless it's the lights on a plow (unless things have changed since I last checked). And he's just a DICK for running all those lights.

Personally, I feel the 75% of new cars have either lights that are too bright or just not properly pointed in the right direction. Keep in mind, I'm also old, but seriously, any car that blinds me is an A$$hole!! This guy, definitely falls in the dick category!

Ford Bronco I need an etiquette clarification... giphy - 2021-01-11T161011.912

Ford Bronco I need an etiquette clarification... giphy - 2021-01-11T161011.912
Thanks for the clarification. I think next time I will call in late for work and help him out so he stays in code.

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

He may not realize it’s not legal to run all of those extra lights all the time. I know back in high school some of my friends had no idea their light bars and ditch lights couldn’t be on when driving public roads. They all got tickets and never did it again.

Now, I’m going to assume he knows and just thinks he looks cool. Don’t turn on your AUX lighting unless you’re off road. Fogs are legal to run no matter the weather in some states, like Michigan, so if it’s illegal where you are, he may be from out of state.

Also, I believe the four forward facing lights rule is in every state. This means that you can either run your headlights/high beams OR headlights and (if the law and/or conditions permit) fog lights. If the fog lights are using factory wiring, they should turn off when they high beams turn on, but you can get around this with a programmer.

Don’t be that guy.

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Agreed, nothing above the bumper should be illuminated on the road and people have no clue about headlight aim, particularly lifted Jeeps in my experience. No fish bat for me, I am often armed in my vehicle, purely defensive. Lot's of other armed people too, don't get out of your vehicle and challenge anyone, ever, not worth it!. Interesting thing about have a concealed pistol permit, it has made me very, very passive and forgiving on the road.
Great advise- no jackass is worth risking your life over.

Sponsored

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In Germany on the Autobahn you can't drive in the left lane unless passing, if you do some guy in a BMW doing 120 will zoom up on you flashing 4 KC style lights at you. He will not pass on the right, but just keep flashing those lights until you move over, all legal.

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In Germany on the Autobahn you can't drive in the left lane unless passing, if you do some guy in a BMW doing 120 will zoom up on you flashing 4 KC style lights at you. He will not pass on the right, but just keep flashing those lights until you move over, all legal.
We did a road march on the roads in Germany. A two lane. The locals (locos) would pass darting in and out of the convoy until one got caught in front of me and sent me off road. M88 vs large tree. Tree lost.

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We did a road march on the roads in Germany. A two lane. The locals (locos) would pass darting in and out of the convoy until one got caught in front of me and sent me off road. M88 vs large tree. Tree lost.
A M88 VTR will make toothpicks out of most trees, that driver better be glad you didn't flatten him!

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Off road lights are not intended nor legal for on road use.
If you run a big light bar in the daytime on the street, you’re not of our people.

Stupid is as stupid does
Sponsored