stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So , my wildtrak will be delivered in the next week or so and my 2015 mustang which I originally was going to keep must be sold so I can be in a better position with the bronco..
I don't HAVE TO sell the mustang but it would greatly help me with a lil tigher financial situation currently. Basically I'd be losing one horse but gaining another ..my question is, am I stupid for getting rid of this car? Or is the bronco that much fun that I won't mind ? Or buck up and tighten the belt? I know this is very opinion based but I just wanted some light hearted feedback to soften the loss of my baby..here she is..
20220615_170802.jpg

It ain't my money so I'm gonna go with suck it up, and put 'em both in the corral.

That Mustang is just too damn perty.
Sponsored

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I kept my 2015 Mustang after I took ownership of my Bronco back in 2021. After about 6 months and probably putting less than 2000 miles I ended up getting rid of it because I really didn't drive it as I was more interested in the Bronco. Point being, keep it and see if you still enjoy the mustang and if not, sale it.

Reese

Badlands
First Name
Reese 💁🏻‍♀️🇨🇦
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands Lux 2023
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So , my wildtrak will be delivered in the next week or so and my 2015 mustang which I originally was going to keep must be sold so I can be in a better position with the bronco..
I don't HAVE TO sell the mustang but it would greatly help me with a lil tigher financial situation currently. Basically I'd be losing one horse but gaining another ..my question is, am I stupid for getting rid of this car? Or is the bronco that much fun that I won't mind ? Or buck up and tighten the belt? I know this is very opinion based but I just wanted some light hearted feedback to soften the loss of my baby..here she is..
20220615_170802.jpg
KEEP IT!!!!

Make your decision later on.
You may not like the Bronco. It’s a totally different animal 😂. Or you may want to switch up your rides.

Keep the mustang until you know for sure. And if you don’t have to sell, then don’t right now. I was put in the same situation. I don’t regret selling because I needed to move on to something different. But I knew that for certain, so I was okay with the decision.

You are uncertain right now, so don’t make that decision if you don’t need to. You will know more about the new Bronco after you get it and drive it for awhile.

It’s not like you can’t sell the mustang for a good price point, so just keep it for now. Till you’re 100% certain.

The fact that you’re asking us here, indicates, you are unsure.

DOUBT means DON’T

This is just my opinion. Hope it helps!

~Reese 😊

Last edited:

WhiskeyCity

Badlands
First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch 2.3L, 7spd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I sold my '03 Cobra Convertible years ago to buy a pickup. Then, sold the pickup and bought 3 Jeeps in succession. Recently sold a '06 Rubicon w/ 30k miles and a '16 SHO and paid cash for the Bronco. No Regerts, YOLO!!

Ford Bronco I need help with this yall ! So torn. 6826320003_large

bikearch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Two entirely differenet animals.... I traded in my 2015 camaro rs for my badland bronco 4dr. Totally different driving characteristics......and purpose........the bronco sucks in twisties/race track and you Mustang would equally suck in the terrain the bronco excells in!!!.....KEEP BOTH

Sponsored

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Without knowing your whole situation/the details, generally speaking, whenever the words "tighter financial situation" are apart of the conversation, clearly the "stupid" thing to do would be to buy ANOTHER vehicle (not to mention a top trim version). Not selling your current vehicle obviously makes that situation even worse. Everybody would like to have a nice Bronco AND a Mustang but if it straps you in any way shape or form, probably not a smart move. Just pretend the Bronco is a boat. Would you go out and buy a boat without worrying about the money? If so, then go for it.

st3v

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Base SAS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I wouldn't sell a 2015-2018 Mustang since that was best looking version of the recent ones, in my opinion. They messed up the headlights after the first 3 years. And I like it more than the new 2024 model.

However, if you would struggle financially, sell it. It's just a car, and they get old/worn down. You can always buy another one in very good condition in the future, when financial conditions improve, if you really want to.

Last edited:

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have Traded my Mustang for Fusion as soon as we had a 2nd child and once I saw the reveal of the Bronco I traded the Fusion for it. Now I don't miss my Mustang that much. But, when my Kids are out of College, I may get a used Mustang 5.0 if they are still available and keep both Horses.

HoosierMan

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT & 2014 F350
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was in a similar situation. I have a 2011 Mustang GT that I ordered back in 2010. I only have 27k miles on it and have always planned on keeping it, but at one point considered selling it when I ordered the Bronco. Now have both and have no plans on selling my Mustang! Neither are daily drivers and both are a Joy to drive!

Sponsored

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Without knowing your whole situation/the details, generally speaking, whenever the words "tighter financial situation" are apart of the conversation, clearly the "stupid" thing to do would be to buy ANOTHER vehicle (not to mention a top trim version). Not selling your current vehicle obviously makes that situation even worse. Everybody would like to have a nice Bronco AND a Mustang but if it straps you in any way shape or form, probably not a smart move. Just pretend the Bronco is a boat. Would you go out and buy a boat without worrying about the money? If so, then go for it.
Let's keep the common sense, and logic out of this discussion please.....

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had the same dilemma with my 2012 Boss 302 and our 2022 Badlands last summer. I had averaged about 1,000 miles per year on the Boss (The Boss was another special order from Ford. I attended the Boss Track Attack with my daughter, and I loved getting it out). I was the only one who ever drove the Boss and my wife didn't enjoy riding in it.

Ultimately I decided to sell the Boss when we got the Badlands. If we hadn't got a 7MT Badlands I would have kept the Boss. My wife loves driving the Bronco. Ultimately it was a good decision give up the Boss since it would be driven even less than it was already being driven.

Wannabe Techie

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Bronco is just the gateway drug to modifications. Expect to want to mod your ride even more when you are thinking about your financial situation.

Maybe you can rent the stang on Turo.com to help alleviate some of the burden to make this all work out better for you.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford Bronco I need help with this yall ! So torn. 6826320003_large
If mostly driving on pavement and don't need the utility aspect of the Bronco (for hauling stuff around or whatever), then keep the Mustang. Bronco in particular Wildtrak (lockers, skid plates, swaybar disconnect, ground clearance, etc) for pavement? o_O

Don't me wrong, I'm a long time open top 4x4 owner and fan. But I didn't get into them for pavement. One of the best things that happened for me was the Bronco delay, because while waiting I bought a sports car, and realized what I'd been missing in terms of pavement handling. The Bronco is like steering a boat in comparison.

If you can swing it keep both, that's what I'm doing, although I'm into both vehicles for way less cash than you, so that's easy for me to say. :)