Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 JK, 2000 Ram 2500, 1993 FZJ80, 1994 FZJ80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It was quite the task to learn this clutch/trans. My first car was a manual and I've owned at least one manual vehicle since 1990. But, this is my first manual with a gas/turbo engine so that may be he difference felt.
Sponsored

NatureMan

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Has anyone replaced the clutch pedal spring and perch? I replaced mine with a steeda in my 2018 mustang gt, and it significantly improved clutch feel and consistent engagement point.

Donkeygyrl

Base
First Name
Sheri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco on order
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sorry you have issues ,mine has 2000 miles and shifts great no noises

OP
OP
Guardian1fox2

Guardian1fox2

Black Diamond
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond, 1923 Model T Racer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Update: none lol

Noise is still there. Iā€™ve adjusted my driving to minimize it although itā€™s slower and I hope itā€™s not more wear on the clutch. Despite the work it still does it no matter what in first to second though. Idk if cause itā€™s getting worse or what. It makes some crazy noises if your timing is off. Ima take a new video today to upload for people to compare since itā€™s so much louder now. I canā€™t help but think itā€™s either a faulty disc or something in trans. 2nd gear has become very clunky and the noises are way worse when the bronco is cold when first starting for the day. Oddly enough when going into first sometimes you can feel what Iā€™m guessing is a synchro cause itā€™s almost like 2 gates or how to describeā€¦2 ā€œconfirmationsā€ itā€™s in gear. I never downshift into first cause itā€™s never needed where I live, usually only go into 1st after stopping. Just so weird. I asked @Ford Motor Company since the 7MT is so rare at my dealer if they could compare to mustang or ranger cause if itā€™s normal for the trans it should be present on all of them. (Just like they said my super loud 2.3 engine noise at startup for like 4 min was normal lol). Itā€™s just frustrating cause I really love driving this bronco but every time I get in it itā€™s like a different experience on how it wants to be driven to keep from making all those noises.

OP
OP
Guardian1fox2

Guardian1fox2

Black Diamond
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have family in SWLA, but I won't be back there for another 6 weeks or so. Hope you're not still fighting with it by then.

I've got 2K miles on my 7MT and I don't notice the issues you're describing. I keep it mainly in "Normal" mode with occasional excursions into "Sport". And aside from having to adjust my throttle usage between the modes (and ignoring a few bad shifts here and there from mismatched RPMs - my fault), both modes are pretty smooth.

Speaking of RPMs, it's 1st gear at low RPMs that I've had to get used to the most. The Bronco just wants lots of throttle there to get above the 1-5 mph range. So parking lots are where I do most of my lurching - like pulling nose-first out of a parking space while making a 90 degree turn. Still trying to train myself not to lift early on the throttle and to slip the clutch just a bit longer until I can pick up enough speed. Or maybe I just need to use the crawler gear. I'm pretty sure this parking lot scenario is exactly what it was made for...
Let me know when you get down here Iā€™m sure I will! šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚. Iā€™d even pay for your gas and time if you could go to dealer with me to show them the comparison! @Ford Motor Company

Sponsored

Mustbeheresomewhere

Badlands
First Name
Micah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Chevrolet Silverado, 2022 Bronco Badlands 4D
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thatā€™s a bummer youā€™re having problems with it.
I am loving the 2.3l 7-MT, itā€™s so much fun and it shifts great. I have the 4.7 gearing so 1st and 2nd are quick shifts and I have to really pay attention to the shift into 2nd because it can be a little jerky if I get sloppy. All other gears are easy peasy.
I will jump on board with the Speedo/tach hate. The Speedo is too small to be useful and I only use the digital display. The bar tach is a pain to use and the Speedo needle would be much much better as a tach!

OP
OP
Guardian1fox2

Guardian1fox2

Black Diamond
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Video again, getting louder. Ford dealer

canā€™t figure out why. @Ford Motor Company

OP
OP
Guardian1fox2

Guardian1fox2

Black Diamond
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah, that doesnā€™t sound right.
According to my dealer they kept it 12 hours and couldnā€™t duplicate it. After 2 min of me being there I duplicated it on the spot, they kept it another day, couldnā€™t find anything wrong, told me Ford said to compare to another 7MT broncoā€¦which theyā€™ll never have. So case person at Ford said to bring it to another dealerā€¦but I live in SWLAā€¦thereā€™s no other dealers around here that have a 7MT bronco lol so Iā€™m kicking rocks until it breaks or Ford tells them to pull it and inspect I guessā€¦which they wonā€™t do. Hopefully other guy thatā€™s coming down in a few weeks can meet up with me and go to dealer so I can get past this. Def been a lemon. Still waiting on the unobtanium APIM cause mines shot from factory lol

Mustbeheresomewhere

Badlands
First Name
Micah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
According to my dealer they kept it 12 hours and couldnā€™t duplicate it. After 2 min of me being there I duplicated it on the spot, they kept it another day, couldnā€™t find anything wrong, told me Ford said to compare to another 7MT broncoā€¦which theyā€™ll never have. So case person at Ford said to bring it to another dealerā€¦but I live in SWLAā€¦thereā€™s no other dealers around here that have a 7MT bronco lol so Iā€™m kicking rocks until it breaks or Ford tells them to pull it and inspect I guessā€¦which they wonā€™t do. Hopefully other guy thatā€™s coming down in a few weeks can meet up with me and go to dealer so I can get past this. Def been a lemon. Still waiting on the unobtanium APIM cause mines shot from factory lol
That seems crazy. Something definitely sounds wrong with it. Mine makes no sound.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Guardian1fox2

Guardian1fox2

Black Diamond
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Wellā€¦new updateā€¦

left drivewayand started down road, got to 3rd I believe and was just cruising and it started BUCKING like jerking hard up and down. I let off gas and it stopped but immediately called case manager and heading to dealer now. Ugh

OP
OP
Guardian1fox2

Guardian1fox2

Black Diamond
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Iā€™m now in a rental, master transmission tech drove it, said itā€™s gotten a lot worse since last time he drove it. Something I didnā€™t notice that he did is that he said it sometimes wonā€™t go into gear and lurched bad when going down road. He said he wants to swap transmission and install new clutch if possible. Guess weā€™ll see what happens. Iā€™ll keep yā€™all updated.

Dylan518

Black Diamond
First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford bronco and F100
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
4K miles and my 2022 MT is in the shop waiting for a new transmission. Maybe they should switch plants from the Chinese plant to the German or British

Save The Manuals

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Iā€™m now in a rental, master transmission tech drove it, said itā€™s gotten a lot worse since last time he drove it. Something I didnā€™t notice that he did is that he said it sometimes wonā€™t go into gear and lurched bad when going down road. He said he wants to swap transmission and install new clutch if possible. Guess weā€™ll see what happens. Iā€™ll keep yā€™all updated.
any updates?

Mustbeheresomewhere

Badlands
First Name
Micah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
4K miles and my 2022 MT is in the shop waiting for a new transmission. Maybe they should switch plants from the Chinese plant to the German or British
Exactly, Chinese products can be good but they are so inconsistent.
Sponsored