Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3/Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Friends - I've got some wheels on the way and called up 4WP today to get a quote on some BFG K02's. Their tire guy shared with me that he had been getting some feedback on recent K02 installs they have done that the tires are not maintaining traction in wet conditions, with specific feedback that the tires were getting squirrely transitioning on/off interstate ramps. He recommended Mickey Thompsons (obvious upsell, but I'm listening), Yokos, or Ridge Grapplers. I'm at a little bit of a loss on how to proceed.

I will need 35/12.5/17's. Primarily my Bronco will carry me to and from work in city conditions that do naturally get slippery in rain. We generally get 1-2 snows a year around 1-2ft of snow. Outside of daily use, I will go overlanding (nothing extreme) 1-2 times a year, and do some light to moderate offroad trails in our national park on free weekends. I will also have a 10hr drive a few times a year to see my folks, so I'm trying to avoid an overly loud highway experience if possible.

First off, what do y'all think of the feedback I got on the K02's, and secondly, based on my use case, could I please get some recommendations. Thank you!
Sponsored

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had Yokohama Geolander X-ATā€™s on my gladiator. It could get squirrelly pretty quick when wet on the roads. It was a great tire overall but definitely had to be careful.
I have KO2ā€™s on my badlands now. Havenā€™t been out on wet roads yet to see how they handle.

JRock17

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ice Mountain 4dr Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have run most brands of all-terrainā€˜s and mud tires between my jeeps and my trucks over the years. The best wet/snow traction tire I have had on any of them was the Falken wild peak AT3W, which is 3 peak Mountain rated and awesome in the snow. That is what I will be replacing the bronco stockers with when mine comes in. My second choice would be the Toyo open country AT3, I had them on one of my superdutys and that was a close second to the wild peaks. I am in North Jersey so we see all the elements of all four seasonsā€¦.

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For your needs why not stick with what Ford chose? The lightest 34.4ā€ known to man. The Goodyearā€™s. 10 pounds lighter than those K02ā€™s. Rotational, unsprung, and static weight loss is your friend, my friendā€¦

Last edited:

RubiconSasquatch

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BadSquatch, 2021 JLUR, 2008 JK-X, 65 Elco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Second the Falken suggestion. Great tires, especially in slippery stuff. I also have had many, many sets of Nittos and never been let down. Your stated use case doesn't seem like it needs 33s, much less 35s, but since you're going with a big tire anyway it seems like this choice is mostly about looks. IMO - go with the tread pattern you like the most. Falken Wildpeak M/T would be my choice in this scenario

Sponsored

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I love the Falken AT3 on the wife's F150. Definitely one of the best snow tire and no issues in the rain. I would buy them again, quiet and well balanced performance.

I have had BFGs ATs a few times and for daily driving they are perfectly fine. Good for sand and dry desert. Not really that great for wet/mud. They are pretty good in deep snow as they don't dig down.

I went with Kelly Edge MT for the bronco, usa made Goodyear tire, 3 ply sidewall and cheap. They are not quiet and I would not put them on my wife's truck.

Tires are tricky item, for wet roads you want narrow tire and lots of sipping. I would buy an all terrain for your use, more road based tire. Odds are you will be happy with BFG At but there are way better options.

Girldadx3

Badlands
First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have Toyo at3ā€™s in that size on my badlands Sasquatch. Handle great. Ride great.

2ata

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Curr.: 2021 Ford Bronco; '77 924, '01 986, '02 911
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ko2ā€™s and I havenā€™t had any issues in the rain. Daily driver.

Oilman

Outer Banks
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 outer bank 4door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have the BFG tires In South Carolina where we get a lot of rain at a time havenā€™t had a problem very nice road manners I think if you over inflate any tire thatā€™s what will happen

Sponsored

BB2022

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Havenā€™t gotten my Bronco yet, but I had BFG All Terrains on my F-150. Perfect for a daily driver that will see some light off roading as they are very quiet. Performed pretty well in a foot of snow and could be better in the rain but again that was in an F-150 which slid in the rain with the factory tires too (just hard to keep your foot off the gas with the 5.0).

Hamhands

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No problems with my KO2's, a few things tho.
I moved up from base tires to 285/75/16.
The tire shop inflated to 44 lbs and I was worried on the drive home because it was riding like trash.
Backed them down to 34 and it rides like a dream on the street but I don't side load them a whole lot while I have the hammer down and get a huge footprint so definitely not spinning.
Back them down to 18 off-road and the sidewalls roll down and the footprint is insane.

Wannabe Techie

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have the 35ā€ KO2s and live in Chicagoland. Been fine with all the rain. Got them from 4WP too.

turtleholt22

Badlands
First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have Falken Wildpeak AT3W on my Wrangler. Love them. I live in Syracuse NY. Never had an issue.

WarthogJr

Black Diamond
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sounds like the salesman is trying to steer you into something based on his needs. Iā€™ve had KO2ā€™s for years and have a new set on my Bronco now. Great in snow (when I lived in Idaho), great in torrential rain (here in AZ), and quiet on the freeway. And they last. There are a lot of other great options out there Iā€™m sure but if you want KO2ā€™s, donā€™t hesitate.
Sponsored