First Name
TL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, F150, F250, Miata
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My lease is up this weekend. I also placed an order for another vehicle. I guess itโ€™s a race to see which comes first the Bronco or the other one. Either way, Iโ€™ll most likely be driving a 32 year old Miata with 210k miles on it all summer.
Awesome, my 94 Miata get new paint this weekend. Should hold me thru the fall...

Jb7

Big Bend
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Who would have thought it....one of the longest threads on the Bronco forum is about a guy buying a jeep :D

Brocked

Wildtrak
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

#200!

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Congratulations! Good Luck, and beware of the "Death Wobble" :cool:
I know this can be real, but I also know it is due to something out of whack with the front steering/suspension links and can be fixed.

I had a 27 year old Cherokee with all original components and drove awesome. My point being, death wobble is nothing to chase away a potential jeep owner.

Now you want to talk about electronic gremlins, bad QA, loose fuses.... Now at least it's something worth worrying about.

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I know this can be real, but I also know it is due to something out of whack with the front steering/suspension links and can be fixed.

I had a 27 year old Cherokee with all original components and drove awesome. My point being, death wobble is nothing to chase away a potential jeep owner.

Now you want to talk about electronic gremlins, bad QA, loose fuses.... Now at least it's something worth worrying about.
On the wranglers, speciically the TJ models, what ends up happening is the lower track bar bolt, turns the hole in the mounting bracket into an oval and the bolt can then move around.
This is what I am talking about
Ford Bronco I ordered a Jeep today.. 1623426275627

$45 plus shipping to fix this
https://www.claytonoffroad.com/product/jeep-death-wobble-fix-kit
With a video explanation

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
FYI, for those interested in ordering a Jeep. This is my experience.

05/15/21 - ordered Rubicon
05/28/21 - rec'd call it was scheduled for production
06/11/21 - rec'd call it has been built and is now scheduled for inspection/QA

I don't know yet when it will be scheduled for transport, but it's been less than four weeks from order to build.

Last edited:

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So what's everyone's plan with their newly purchased jeep? Are you out of Bronco Land for at least a few years and then maybe think about it again? Are you planning on trading in/selling it when your bronco is ready? (And take a hit).

If you are one of the folks that can simply afford to buy both a new Jeep and a New Bronco, you can just keep that to yourself..we don't want to hear about it ๐Ÿคฃ

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So what's everyone's plan with their newly purchased jeep? Are you out of Bronco Land for at least a few years and then maybe think about it again? Are you planning on trading in/selling it when your bronco is ready? (And take a hit).

If you are one of the folks that can simply afford to buy both a new Jeep and a New Bronco, you can just keep that to yourself..we don't want to hear about it ๐Ÿคฃ
Nothing against anyone getting a J**p... but hopefully they get outta the damn way ๐Ÿคฃ.

Iโ€™m with ya on the Warren Buffet group too , ๐Ÿ˜

Sponsored

RookieMissSteak

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep GC, 2021 Jeep JTR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Iโ€™m still trying to decide if I should ask my dealer to change my order to wait for 2022, or just let my order proceed since itโ€™s a 2-door and likely 2022 no matter what. That will give me time to see how I like the Jeep Gladiator.

After reading all the horror stories on here, I expected the following to happen on my gladiator test drive:
a) the terrible steering would cause me to lose control and plow over innocent elderly folk walking to church
b) awful electronics would burst into flames, most likely causing an uncontrollable forest fire
c) the complete and total loss of my male genitals, since no real man would drive a gladiator (this was less concerning to me since I never had any to begin with)

But the test drive went great. I stayed at 70 on the highway for awhile with no issues, and slowed down for a bit also to see how the wind pushed against it when semi trucks passed it, and it felt fine. I also took it through a construction zone in the small city nearby and had no issues maneuvering It. I only drove the rubicon gladiator though, so different models might behave much differently.

So if my test drive was true to life, I might keep the gladiator because it would make for fun adventures, but if it bursts into flames or drives off a cliff, then Iโ€™ll get the Bronco.

Demoncleaner

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave 6 speed
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

if you drive a hard bargain, and get one for a decent deal, the โ€œhitโ€ when you trade in may not be as bad as you think! My dealer made my reservation a priority 99, kicking it to 2022, which honestly I would probably have been anyways with a 2 door. Iโ€™ll see how late I can order next year and keep my spot, but Iโ€™m not expecting to take a terrible hit. Both of the Wranglers I traded in blew me away with the numbers I was quotedโ€ฆ

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I can't lie.... they look sweet on 37's!
e7624c2ba62e44129d1a1e390b8d2554.jpg
Show us the shot from behind though - the box one those trucks is fugly.
That being said if you're going to get a Gladiator then the Mojave is easily the way to go.

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I see so many people talking about getting Wranglers for "thousands" under MSRP and am scratching my head. I guess it depends on location, because here in CA you are lucky to get a couple complimentary hotel nights in Vegas let alone any significant discount.
I live in Vegas so I dont need no free nights at a Vegas hotel but you are right because I could not find and still can't get a wrangler at a discount

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

After reading all the horror stories on here, I expected the following to happen on my gladiator test drive:
a) the terrible steering would cause me to lose control and plow over innocent elderly folk walking to church
b) awful electronics would burst into flames, most likely causing an uncontrollable forest fire
c) the complete and total loss of my male genitals, since no real man would drive a gladiator (this was less concerning to me since I never had any to begin with)

But the test drive went great.
LOLOLOLOL. Your 3 examples cracked up. Seems like those are repeated over and over by the Jeep haters.
The JL and Gladiator are pretty polished. I think you should see if you could find a Mojave to test drive and do a compare and contrast.
That way you have driven the badlands and wildtrak versions of the gladiator.
Sponsored